PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of racing online!

pferreirag60
02-01-2018, 13:22
Iīm afraid of running online races:

Loose points in the license or downgrade your License. Iīm D with 1357 presently, sometime ago I was D1480 or Better. But in 3 races, i has downgraded to E1334. In 2 first races I has at the front, first place, but when lapping a car, he didnīt liked and took me out of the race. The other race, at the front also, and a lapped car at the end of a straight rammed my car, out of the race again.. in the third race, I was at the front also, fifth place I think, the guy in front of me loose the car I have to change direction, go off track, rejoin without trouble and take a time penalty! So I quit in rage, 3 races in the same day, in 2 hours I loosed ranking and points.

So for a month maybe, I didnīt wanted to race online... But one night I found a race with E Level, 6 guys, a clean race, very nice, donīt remember my position, but i was back to D again, with more 5 points, I think.

So I raced again some days after, looked for another one with few players and a higher Level, I found one(rare) where i could gain more points( we loose big but gain small) another good race.

I was confident that could race again without trouble, but when I see that maybe only 5% of the players can qualify, take a look at Monitor,to see how they race, and in 90% of the players the cars are wrecked :) so in the last 3 races, I qualified in the top 5, but before the race I quit!

Iīm afraid of racing online so I donīt loose points when it is not my fault (of course i do mistakes, but my mistakes are usually a bump in a car a little contact in close race or a 4 tires excursion in a curb, but without upsetting to much the adversary car, when a guy is cleared faster than me, I always let them pass, or when a car is faster in the straights and i m faster in the curves, e let them pass in the straight, to be near at is back when approaching the next curve.

Last night Nurburgring combined, qualify at night 30 minutes, race 5 laps during day, sunshine. I was me and only another one that had qualified, i was first. At the start I didnīt see the lights and loosed 3 places, before entering the old circuit a car at the front spun and when entering the track takes me out, I continue, catch the third, but again i took me out of the track I continue again, and finish fifth, luck me the race was not counting to the license system.

So Iīm in a dilemma, no friends to play online with PCars2, no time to enter in championships, I like to race minimum 10-15 laps, with anycar that isnīt called GT3 :)

Franco Ferrari
02-01-2018, 13:53
I feel your frustration and discomfort.
I had a similar, though brief, moment a few weeks ago.
I was losing points due to bad races and/or bad opponents, but I was stuck in "U" and add no chance of participating in restricted lobbies ("F" or above), so I took a hiatus from online racing and concentrated on other stuff, mostly in practicing unknown (to me) tracks and cars.
I started a love affair with Monaco, one long-hated tracks of mine, during that period.

Then I got back online.
I chose meticolously my races, selecting only rated races and lobbies with the highest rating I could access, on tracks I know like the palm of my hands, with cars I drive with the same ability I use the fork with spaghetti (I'm Italian, you know...).
My racing "Hipparcos oath" was to only end races without causing harm.
I sometimes purposedly sacrificed a mid-rank qualifying to avoid T1 chaos, preferring a start from the back.
I raced with a foot on the brake, to maximize the chances of avoiding crashes.

The result was a +2 safety rating increase (now I am at "E" and rising) and about +100 ability rating in a couple of days.

I started my own lobbies too, with my rules, my favourite tracks and classes.
I sometimes had to lower the safety rating (to have some participation) but kept the ability rating high.
Doing this way, I've had only nice clean races so far... with highs and lows, but overall good racing and fairness.

I'd suggest to create your own lobbies too.
Start from here.

Dameyon
02-01-2018, 13:55
I feel your pain. Yesterday being the 1st of January I was an A1549 trying my hardest to reach 1600 by today so I could enter World Time Attack. Three races with some bad apples in it took me down to A 1490 :(.

Dameyon
02-01-2018, 13:56
Something definitely needs to be done to determine a wrong party in an accident. There is no reason why I should lose points for a vehicle hitting mine, especially from behind.

poirqc
02-01-2018, 14:12
TL;DR - Don't be afraid to race online, it's awesome. Those elusive 10laps+, bumper to bumper, against a clean human driver can't be replaced! They're heart pounding experiences. They're that good.

What I'll list here is just my view of the topic, hope I'll make you enjoy MP more.

Forget about the skill rating. It'll sort it out by itself, eventually.(Most people are below 1500, they're not bad, the number smoothed themselves there, that's all)

Start by focusing on the driving itself. Doesn't matter if you finish first or last. As long as you go your pace and drive smoothly, it's going to be fun. Inevitably, you'll stumble upon clean driver of the same skills. When a race is over, send them a steam invite and put them in pCars list.Most of them accepts. Soon enough, you'll have a bunch of driver to play with. You'll be able to create your own pug server with them or invite them on public server your join.

This create the domino effect of always racing with drivers that are good and know you. The lobbies will always be better because of that. There's going to be less wrecks.

Witch brings me to the safety rating.

The SR is the rating you want to focus on. You want to spend as much as time as you can, closer to other cars, while not causing accident. The benefits are twofold. It teaches you how read the other driver line at the same time as yours. You can apprehend how the next bend will go an avoid crashes. This will bring your safety rating up and give you access to clean lobbies, when\if they're available.

When there's higher safety rated lobbies, the skill rating is often easier to have(rarely more than 1100).

Quick tip. ALWAYS finish your race. Even you want to trow your wheel at the wall because someone wreckfest'ed you out of the race. Not always easy, but really good for the Safety Rating.

Another useful tip I can give you is respect & patience. I can guarantee you that if you reach someone that is just a tiny bit slower than you, but you stay as close as possible, in their rear view mirror, for couple turns or lap, they'll instantly respect you and put up a good fight. I'll try to post a video of one of the best fight I had, in 3 years, with a complete stranger.

As you win races your skill rating will place itself where it belongs. Don't worry too much what I'll be. I think people put too much weight on the Skill Rating number. I often race with NEVS. I think he sits around A1150*(really not sure). Yet the guy is really fast in lots of classes and super clean. He knows a trick or two about bumper to bumper racing. He's a joy to race against.

If you only look at MP from the bad stuff angle, you'll never touch it, with good reasons. But if you follow couple easy rules, you'll quickly have access to a really nice experience.

Hope this helps.

mister dog
02-01-2018, 14:16
If you guys are interested in racing on Friday or Saturday nights with real gentlemen (and women), come and join us in the sim racing lounge:

https://discord.gg/7cBuPTE

We have a three 20 mins race schedule on Friday, and we do a 1 hour enduro on Saturdays. Ideal way to get your rating up without any interference of wreckers.

Nyreen
02-01-2018, 15:33
^^^^ This, join a league. Don't be scared, you'll find every type of racers (or at least in the ones I'm in). Controller players driving automatic ; slow drivers with beefy rigs ; fast drivers with cheap rigs ; and everything in-between.

If you want to race in public lobbies, I'm afraid you'll have to learn every track to get the most out of them, because everytime you're not qualifying 1st or 2nd, there's a huge probability of being involved in a T1 wreck. Oh, and GT3's are the most popular cars, so if you don't like Monza/Spa/RBR, make your own room. People will join, I even got some people in a Vintage Prototype B race on Bathurst.

poirqc
02-01-2018, 15:52
...Vintage Prototype B race on Bathurst.

This class deserves so much more spotlight Than it currently does. It's just brilliant!

GrimeyDog
02-01-2018, 16:05
Iīm afraid of running online races:

Loose points in the license or downgrade your License. Iīm D with 1357 presently, sometime ago I was D1480 or Better. But in 3 races, i has downgraded to E1334. In 2 first races I has at the front, first place, but when lapping a car, he didnīt liked and took me out of the race. The other race, at the front also, and a lapped car at the end of a straight rammed my car, out of the race again.. in the third race, I was at the front also, fifth place I think, the guy in front of me loose the car I have to change direction, go off track, rejoin without trouble and take a time penalty! So I quit in rage, 3 races in the same day, in 2 hours I loosed ranking and points.

So for a month maybe, I didnīt wanted to race online... But one night I found a race with E Level, 6 guys, a clean race, very nice, donīt remember my position, but i was back to D again, with more 5 points, I think.

So I raced again some days after, looked for another one with few players and a higher Level, I found one(rare) where i could gain more points( we loose big but gain small) another good race.

I was confident that could race again without trouble, but when I see that maybe only 5% of the players can qualify, take a look at Monitor,to see how they race, and in 90% of the players the cars are wrecked :) so in the last 3 races, I qualified in the top 5, but before the race I quit!

Iīm afraid of racing online so I donīt loose points when it is not my fault (of course i do mistakes, but my mistakes are usually a bump in a car a little contact in close race or a 4 tires excursion in a curb, but without upsetting to much the adversary car, when a guy is cleared faster than me, I always let them pass, or when a car is faster in the straights and i m faster in the curves, e let them pass in the straight, to be near at is back when approaching the next curve.

Last night Nurburgring combined, qualify at night 30 minutes, race 5 laps during day, sunshine. I was me and only another one that had qualified, i was first. At the start I didnīt see the lights and loosed 3 places, before entering the old circuit a car at the front spun and when entering the track takes me out, I continue, catch the third, but again i took me out of the track I continue again, and finish fifth, luck me the race was not counting to the license system.

So Iīm in a dilemma, no friends to play online with PCars2, no time to enter in championships, I like to race minimum 10-15 laps, with anycar that isnīt called GT3 :)

Send Me a Steam Friend Request " GrimeyDog " < -- All Clean Racers are welcome to send friend invite --> I have some Good Clean Racers on My list --> I Race with Poirqc, Nevs, Buzz Murdock, Ekay_Jay, Roamy Ride and many more and its always Great Fun, Clean Racing and Fierce Battles for Podium spots!!!

When I Host i even if im in the Lead I will pit and Boot the Crash Dummies to Keep a Good Room Going strong ---> I have only had to do that 1 time in the last 3 weeks!!! which is Not bad for a open Lobby that any 1 can join.

I race alot of GT4 but i will do other classes also --> I like GT3 but GT3 is where i find most of the Crash Dummies are.

Charger
02-01-2018, 16:09
Look out for our servers also on Dedicated RWB UK1 Racing, we get some regulars in there including some of these guys, always clean racing.

GrimeyDog
02-01-2018, 16:27
TL;DR - Don't be afraid to race online, it's awesome. Those elusive 10laps+, bumper to bumper, against a clean human driver can't be replaced! They're heart pounding experiences. They're that good.

What I'll list here is just my view of the topic, hope I'll make you enjoy MP more.

Forget about the skill rating. It'll sort it out by itself, eventually.(Most people are below 1500, they're not bad, the number smoothed themselves there, that's all)

Start by focusing on the driving itself. Doesn't matter if you finish first or last. As long as you go your pace and drive smoothly, it's going to be fun. Inevitably, you'll stumble upon clean driver of the same skills. When a race is over, send them a steam invite and put them in pCars list.Most of them accepts. Soon enough, you'll have a bunch of driver to play with. You'll be able to create your own pug server with them or invite them on public server your join.

This create the domino effect of always racing with drivers that are good and know you. The lobbies will always be better because of that. There's going to be less wrecks.

Witch brings me to the safety rating.

The SR is the rating you want to focus on. You want to spend as much as time as you can, closer to other cars, while not causing accident. The benefits are twofold. It teaches you how read the other driver line at the same time as yours. You can apprehend how the next bend will go an avoid crashes. This will bring your safety rating up and give you access to clean lobbies, when\if they're available.

When there's higher safety rated lobbies, the skill rating is often easier to have(rarely more than 1100).

Quick tip. ALWAYS finish your race. Even you want to trow your wheel at the wall because someone wreckfest'ed you out of the race. Not always easy, but really good for the Safety Rating.

Another useful tip I can give you is respect & patience. I can guarantee you that if you reach someone that is just a tiny bit slower than you, but you stay as close as possible, in their rear view mirror, for couple turns or lap, they'll instantly respect you and put up a good fight. I'll try to post a video of one of the best fight I had, in 3 years, with a complete stranger.

As you win races your skill rating will place itself where it belongs. Don't worry too much what I'll be. I think people put too much weight on the Skill Rating number. I often race with NEVS. I think he sits around A1150*(really not sure). Yet the guy is really fast in lots of classes and super clean. He knows a trick or two about bumper to bumper racing. He's a joy to race against.

If you only look at MP from the bad stuff angle, you'll never touch it, with good reasons. But if you follow couple easy rules, you'll quickly have access to a really nice experience.

Hope this helps.

I have some Awsome Game save Videos of Bumper to Bumper Battles with Poirqc!!! We have went through the Bus Stop on Watkins Short Side By Side as fast as we can --> it slows both of you down it cant be done at full Speed but its all about Holding your Driving Line while respecting the Car along side of you --> its just doing battle to hold your spot and leaving room for the other Driver while Not giving him the faster Driving line --> We even went through the Down Hill Cork Screw at Laguna Seca side by side Neither of us in the Dirt!!! WOW what a Great Race!!! I saved the Video!!! It was all about who flinches and makes the First Mistake. Its Really Great Racing when your Confident that you wont be run off track on purpose.

Battles like this Is Great Racing!!! and Makes Everything Else seem like Hot lapping!!! If i get out too far in front:) or the Back:mad:LOL i end up making more Mistakes because i lose focus --> a Good Battle keeps Me on My "A" game!