PDA

View Full Version : The lights does not…

danpinho
05-01-2018, 18:20
For those who turn on they lights on during daylight races, a small note:
It dos not makes you faster pal.
Race Etiquette PLEASE!

Pigmachine
05-01-2018, 18:46
If the ******* LCD panel lights on the dashboard, were able to be turn on some other way, you wouldn't have to add it to '"Race Etiquette"
(In VR it's really hard to see the LCD displays in some light-conditions)
Why? Do you think you're getting brake-checked by someones light?

All but ramming is fair.. haven't you watched Initial-D? ;)

rich1e I
05-01-2018, 18:54
I didn't know headlights would be part of any sort racing etiquette. Well, I guess I learned something new today.

Konan
05-01-2018, 18:58
All i know is that the little spoon is for dessert...

...oh wait....

Sum Dixon-Ear
05-01-2018, 19:06
Hmmmm... croquettes... I'm hungry now...

cluck
05-01-2018, 19:12
Hmmmm... croquettes... I'm hungry now...with or without coleslaw*

* before Konan gets that joke in first

Konan
05-01-2018, 19:16
Damn...missed opportunity...:p

Mahjik
05-01-2018, 19:20
If the ******* LCD panel lights on the dashboard, were able to be turn on some other way, you wouldn't have to add it to '"Race Etiquette"
(In VR it's really hard to see the LCD displays in some light-conditions)

Keep in mind the OP is on PS4 (so no VR). So that wouldn't be a reason a PS4 driver has his/her lights on. ;)

Schnizz58
05-01-2018, 19:35
Maybe it makes everybody else slower. You ever think about that?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/cb/5f/e4/cb5fe4610ffe82b1c25288e1fb04b026--lavell-crawford-funny-facial-expressions.jpg

senna94f1
05-01-2018, 19:37
Race Etiquette PLEASE!

It's called mind games designed to make you look at there lights and not looking what you should be doing which is racing,

Tbh I always race with lights on ,why because the dashboard lights up hence I can see dashboard a lot clearer,,

That's my excuse anyway for racing with lights on ,what's yours hahaha

AbeWoz
05-01-2018, 19:49
Race Etiquette PLEASE!

lol someone is cranky.

I always race with my headlights on because, as some mentioned, it makes the MoTec in some cars more visible, and because my favorite series (WEC) requires that headlights be on at all times, regardless of the time of day.... and they look awesome.

Pigmachine
05-01-2018, 19:58
Keep in mind the OP is on PS4 (so no VR). So that wouldn't be a reason a PS4 driver has his/her lights on. ;)

So prolly just fake 'brake-checking', That I actually consider a valid but sneaky tactic.. and it can't be used too often, as that would be asking for being, validly and justifiable, rammed out off the track and kicked ;)

(well I haven't considered anything on wheels since the 29th of September, even as all my Nissan times been beaten on Brands Hatch GP,.. I'll be back later, when I'm done with some casual gaming)

danpinho
05-01-2018, 23:34
It is not a MOTEC issue. Even in a identical cars race, good weather and clear MOTEC view. Some “kids” believe that’s this is intimidating or aggressive, or whatever. Not to mention, blinking lights, particularly common with consoles players. IMO, it is a disrespect to the guy in front, but that is my opinion.

Konan
06-01-2018, 00:48
It is not a MOTEC issue. Even in a identical cars race, good weather and clear MOTEC view. Some “kids” believe that’s this is intimidating or aggressive, or whatever. Not to mention, blinking lights, particularly common with consoles players. IMO, it is a disrespect to the guy in front, but that is my opinion.

I'll have you know that this is common practice IRL....drivers do it all the time to distract their opponents.
All's fair in love and war......and racing...:cool:
This thread is as futile as me starting one saying i don't like racers called Jonathan :p
So closed