PDA

View Full Version : Bottoming Out

WGIstation6a
06-01-2018, 16:22
Is there anything in the hud telemetry that shows when the car is bottoming out? I see the little white half circles with ride height measurements, but canít really get any useful information from them. Maybe I just donít know what Iím looking at there. In PC1 there was an obvious noise when the car was dragging, Ive yet to hear anything similar on this one. Is there a sound that Iím just overlooking? Or any other way to know when youíre scraping? It would be pretty helpful in setting ride height and spring rates.

Y22 Rydr
06-01-2018, 17:30
Take a look here. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?59473-Telemetry-HUD-Explained-WIP)

hkraft300
07-01-2018, 02:06
Height > 0 means you're not scraping.
Travel = 0 means your springs have bottomed out.

WGIstation6a
07-01-2018, 02:50
Well when you put it that way....

Seems kind of self explanatory. I haven’t seen that value hit zero yet. Looks like I have some tinkering to do. What’s with the circles turning red then? Is that riding the bump stop?

hkraft300
07-01-2018, 03:41
I never deciphered the pcars1 tire circles and "vector" lines and I never bothered in pc2.

WGIstation6a
07-01-2018, 03:58
I think we are thinking of different red circles. The tire circles don’t exist anymore, nor do the vector lines. I understood those, at least I think I did. What I was asking about was the same suspension travel guides that have the ride height and such. What does it mean when those turn red?

hkraft300
07-01-2018, 05:08
Low level warning.
I see the red flashes when travel gets low (<10mm).

dhfool
07-01-2018, 06:19
I think we are thinking of different red circles. The tire circles donít exist anymore, nor do the vector lines. I understood those, at least I think I did. What I was asking about was the same suspension travel guides that have the ride height and such. What does it mean when those turn red?

Red means that your shock is bottomed out. When you have height "0" then your car body is bottomed out. I miss that sound of bottoming too...

Y22 Rydr
07-01-2018, 11:16
Red means that your shock is bottomed out. When you have height "0" then your car body is bottomed out. I miss that sound of bottoming too...

I am not sure that the red indicates that. I have seen the travel turn red with travel remaining (number greater than zero). I have also seen height turn red without the indication of bottoming out (height greater than zero). I think that it is indicating that the suspension is unable to respond adequately (I have no proof of this, just a theory at this point).

hkraft300
07-01-2018, 11:19
I think the red flash is just a travel/height low warning, but not exactly 0.

dhfool
07-01-2018, 16:54
I think the red flash is just a travel/height low warning, but not exactly 0.

I did some research and You are right. After height goes below 10mm then in rebound cycle is that bar red. It is little bit misleading... Why in rebound?

hkraft300
07-01-2018, 22:04
Doesn't matter, does it? It's there as a warning you are getting close to scraping on the ground. Raise the ride height a little and the red flash goes away.

Personally I ignore it.