PDA

View Full Version : How to crack / open all career classes

yannara
06-01-2018, 17:08
How to make all championships available in a career mode, so I can drive whatever championship I want at any time?

Stewy32
06-01-2018, 20:45
If you win a Tier 1 Championship e.g. Indycar you will unlock all the series but if you then go back to a tier 6 series and win that only series that you have previously done or are in Tiers 5 and 6 you can do the following season.

yannara
06-01-2018, 21:17
My point was to crack entire offering with a code, or crack or cheat etc.

John Hargreaves
06-01-2018, 21:28
I don't think anyone thought about that during development, I don't think there are any cheat codes as such. I think you can unlock things reasonably quickly in PC2, most stuff is unlocked anyway to begin with.

GenBrien
06-01-2018, 21:30
or cheat
we're not in 1997 anymore

Sankyo
07-01-2018, 07:20
I don't think anyone thought about that during development, I don't think there are any cheat codes as such. I think you can unlock things reasonably quickly in PC2, most stuff is unlocked anyway to begin with.

I may be wrong but I think this case of having to unlock/progress in order to access certain content was deliberately put/kept in to still have some sort of goal to work towards in the game?

John Hargreaves
07-01-2018, 09:07
I haven't tested this out, but I would imagine that any given combination from career could be reproduced in quick race mode, so you could at least practise it. I know lots of games that have a progression structure have cheat codes to unlock and bypass the grind, but I've never seen any discussion about that with PC2, so if there are any, they are really secret.

yannara
07-01-2018, 09:56
I haven't tested this out, but I would imagine that any given combination from career could be reproduced in quick race mode, so you could at least practise it. I know lots of games that have a progression structure have cheat codes to unlock and bypass the grind, but I've never seen any discussion about that with PC2, so if there are any, they are really secret.
No. In quick race I miss championshipīs pointing system and knowledge of what track is drivable with what AI class.

TheBaldReverend
07-01-2018, 10:37
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA

Mad Al
07-01-2018, 11:44
You can easily do it in just over an an hour.. (I just did)

Set AI to 0, use short seasons and no practice/quali, set races as short as possible, no formation laps

Start in tier 3 LMP3, Pan Asia championship short season is only 3 races of 4 mins each.
Sugo, Rapuna Park GP (in light rain), Fuji

Once you've done that, Go for Tier 2, Touring Car masters, short season (I chose to use a TC car, it's actually multi class, GT3 + GT4 + TC)
Reb Bull Ring GP - 3 laps
Nordschleife Combined - 1 lap
Bruno - 3 laps (light rain)

Unless you can't actually drive you should have no issues getting through the pack in the first lap in all cases, and even without knowing the courses you should still have no real problems (stick the track map in the middle of the screen and just follow that). Rapuna race in LMP3 is just an exercise in not driving through puddles on apexes.

Then just do which ever you fancy in the top tier

Cladandadum
07-01-2018, 12:11
Sounds like fun and a real challenge ;)

Mad Al
07-01-2018, 13:15

Zero challenge.. but it get's the job done

I should say at this point, that was to get to tier 1, to unlock everything you have to finish tier one as well (not sure if you have to be top three or not?).. the just over an hour included a coffee break and letting all the cars finish... you could probably cut it to 45 mins (then if you are desperate, the PWC can be done in around 50 mins to unlock everything in tier 4 and below that get's locked because of starting in tier 3)

John Hargreaves
07-01-2018, 14:44

To be fair, the thread is about cheats and unlocks, which I agree is the opposite of a fun challenge, but the guy did ask.

Cladandadum
07-01-2018, 15:22
To be fair, the thread is about cheats and unlocks, which I agree is the opposite of a fun challenge, but the guy did ask.

Fair enough. I don't understand the value of buying a game to implement cheats and unlocks but each to their own.

banner77amc
08-01-2018, 13:07
I found a solution from the 90's!!!248490 It only works on playstation

FS7
08-01-2018, 20:38
Are saves locked? If not op could look for a save with all career races unlocked.

yannara
09-01-2018, 15:21
You can easily do it in just over an an hour.. (I just did)

Set AI to 0, use short seasons and no practice/quali, set races as short as possible, no formation laps

Start in tier 3 LMP3, Pan Asia championship short season is only 3 races of 4 mins each.
Sugo, Rapuna Park GP (in light rain), Fuji

Once you've done that, Go for Tier 2, Touring Car masters, short season (I chose to use a TC car, it's actually multi class, GT3 + GT4 + TC)
Reb Bull Ring GP - 3 laps
Nordschleife Combined - 1 lap
Bruno - 3 laps (light rain)

Excelent idea! Do I need to do this "cheat" tier by tier, or is it possible to unlock lower tier by winning higher tier?

Mad Al
09-01-2018, 16:13
Excelent idea! Do I need to do this "cheat" tier by tier, or is it possible to unlock lower tier by winning higher tier?

Till you complete the top tier you will actually lock out all the lower tiers after starting at the tier 3.
Once you get to the top tier, complete that to unlock everything (Pirelli World Challenge is 4 10 minute races as a min, but is against a full field so can be a little tricky to get past without the odd scrape)

All in, it takes a couple of hours to do the lot from start to finish.

isamu
09-01-2018, 18:39
Why would anyone want to rush through the career? God doesn't anyone enjoy *PLAYING* the campaign in racing games anymore?

Schnizz58
09-01-2018, 19:50
Why would anyone want to rush through the career? God doesn't anyone enjoy *PLAYING* the campaign in racing games anymore?

I do.

John Hargreaves
09-01-2018, 21:11

Wouldn't be my choice either, but I guess once you have bought the game, you can play it however you like. Maybe you and I just aren't in tune with the 21st century :surprise:

yannara
10-01-2018, 14:03

Let me explain.
1. I donīt enjoy driving only one class and only one championship all over again (because I canīt make it 3rd).
2. I donīt enjoy competing with AI with lower strenght (because I would have to lower them, to make it pass).

If I could make an efford, I would change the "policy" from 3rd to 10th.

Schnizz58
10-01-2018, 15:44
Let me explain.
1. I donīt enjoy driving only one class and only one championship all over again (because I canīt make it 3rd).
2. I donīt enjoy competing with AI with lower strenght (because I would have to lower them, to make it pass).

If I could make an efford, I would change the "policy" from 3rd to 10th.

As John said, you are free to enjoy the game in any way you want. But I don't really see the difference between getting credit for finishing 10th in the championship and slowing the AI down. I would think that if you set the AI so that you're competitive with them that it would be much more of a challenge and thus a greater sense of accomplishment when you succeed. If that's not appealing to you then maybe Career Mode is not for you. Also, it's rare that you see a driver finish 10th in a championship and then get called up to a higher class.

Konan
10-01-2018, 16:25
Maybe you and I just aren't in tune with the 21st century :surprise:

Count me in...:p

yannara
10-01-2018, 21:13
As John said, you are free to enjoy the game in any way you want.
You are wrong. I canīt enjoy championship set of any class I want. Quick race is boring.

Schnizz58
10-01-2018, 21:29
Quick race is boring.
How is quick race boring but career races aren't?

yannara
10-01-2018, 22:40
How is quick race boring but career races aren't?

Youīre missing points archivements overall.

Okay guys, I feel no one understands me here, but lets compare this game to Formula franchize.

- In Project Cars 2 you have Quick Race and Career. Career archivement is limited due that if you miss under 3rd place, you will not proceed.
- In F1 2016-2017, you have Weekend (=Quick race), Single Championchip with all tracks and Career. The career will cary you much longer of you "suck".

Cristi
10-01-2018, 22:49
In F1 2016-2017, you have Weekend (=Quick race), Single Championchip with all tracks and Career. The career will cary you much longer of you "suck".

No, it won't. You won't progress. You won't win races. You won't make it to 1st driver. All you'll be able to do is drive the same exact car until your team fires you. That's exactly what happens if you can't win in PC2. You don't advance and you're stuck in the same car.
Also, if you somehow bypass the lower tiers and go straight to tier 1... what do you achieve? You'll still have to either lower the AI to be competitive, or finish last, without getting any achievements.

You're free to do whatever you want, really. I just don't understand what it is you actually want to do.

Schnizz58
11-01-2018, 01:07
Youīre missing points archivements overall.

I don't know what that means but what are you achieving from advancing by only finishing 10th? The game isn't supposed to be easy. If it's that important you can create your own championship and make the rules whatever you want them to be.

yannara
11-01-2018, 15:29
Lets think about other drivers in LIFE. You have 18-22 drivers in race and in a championship. What the rest of 15-19 those drivers will do? Stay unemployed?

I claim, that this policy to finish 3rd at least is very unrealistic.

Schnizz58
11-01-2018, 15:35
Lets think about other drivers in LIFE. You have 18-22 drivers in race and in a championship. What the rest of 15-19 those drivers will do? Stay unemployed?
I know what they won't do: advance to the next higher series. They'll either stay at that level or lose their seat.

I claim, that this policy to finish 3rd at least is very unrealistic.
Then let's see some examples of drivers that have finished 10th and moved up.

Konan
11-01-2018, 15:37
This is going round in circles instead of leading to something...besides the question was answered...closed