PDA

View Full Version : Are flags coming?

TheBaldReverend
06-01-2018, 20:07
Apologies if this is answered elsewhere but are the devs planning on introducing flags and the appropriate rules, especially blue flags?

Getting taken out passing back markers is really starting to get on my man boobs.

Marlborofranz
06-01-2018, 20:24
There should be flags already, but they are barely noticable and don't show up all the time.

At least on AI multiclass races I've getting a blue flag when a faster car approached from behind. But the yellow ones I barely see. Using the optional CrewChief software instead of the in-game one, he's at least sometimes telling me "yellow flag in sector two" and such stuff. But I don't always see yellow flags from PCars itself. They could be a bit more dominant. And I have the feeling, they're not working 100% well as of now, so might could need some tweaking.

sas5320
06-01-2018, 20:32
The penalties and flags only apply to the player, not AI. I dont think any "fix" or adjustment will come for it in his game, too difficult. Thats something you need to decide to commit to early in the project

TheBaldReverend
06-01-2018, 20:37
Sorry, I should have said that I am referring to online play not against the AI.

Marlborofranz
06-01-2018, 21:18
Haha no issues. What I said is for AI offline games and online multiplayer.

Like I said, blue flags seem to be there when you're being lapped. But usuallly, if it's not F1, blue flags are more of an information rather than an order to let the car pass.
Yellow flags are sometimes there, but don't seem to be triggered all the time. I found out that using the CrewChief sofware I get the best information about yellow flags and in which secotrs they occure.

menos
07-01-2018, 01:02
Also yellow flags are broken.

In online races you often have cars stuck at the grid during the entire race.
When that happens yellow flag is show ( and Crew Chief will warn you about the danger in sector 3) AFTER you have driven through T1.

Basically this trigger of the yellow flag is entirely useless when shown much after the actual danger, hence also no appropriate penalties for not slowing down and overtaking under yellow could be applied if the trigger for yellow flags is already broken.

The one single major issue in online racing with inexperienced racers is behavior in danergous zones under yellow.
People will have their foot planted on the throttle in hopes of gaining positions no matter what the consequences are and you have these huge explosions of the entire fields under yellow as these kids plow into each other.

It is the absolute opposite of a healthy human reaction - it is like running into fire or running off a cliff or plowing willingly into the back of a traffic jam with their foot heavy on the throttle - complete madness.

This immature behavior should be heavily punished - a person should get instantly black flagged when:
- causing any sort of contact under yellow due to not lifting or even overtaking under yellow just to teach these kids normal behavior and clean up these heavy incidents under yellow.

Blake-Lee43
07-01-2018, 03:18
I've said it again and again here but its always ignored the Flag system is horrible. It's literally the biggest let down for me.

J4M35_R
07-01-2018, 06:01
It hasn't been improved at all since PC1. I thought when PC2 came out they would of improved the flag system, but it looks like they can't do it. This is one of the main improvements needed going forward as a good flag system on race day is what a SIM racing game should have.

Marlborofranz
07-01-2018, 10:51
At least we all agree on the flag system needing an overhaul. :P

Raklodder
07-01-2018, 14:27
I wouldn't hold my breath, but let's keep hope alive.