PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVEd] Help, PC2 is not downloading the full game

Sukhisb
07-01-2018, 11:03
Hi all, PC2 is not downloading the full game, Iíve still only got the McLaren 720s and long beach, itís been stuck on 26% since Boxing Day, Iíve deleted the game and installed it again. Any ideas? Does it have to be on PC2 and just left? It is connected the the internet

davidt33
07-01-2018, 11:22
Are you downloading from the Playstation Store or Steam? I'm assuming "Steam" since your platform says PC.

Sukhisb
07-01-2018, 11:29
PS4, not sure how to change platform as I’m new to this forum

davidt33
07-01-2018, 11:49
PS4, not sure how to change platform as I’m new to this forum

Ok. That makes it very confusing for others to identify which platform you're using. To change, do this:
On the top right of this page you will see some menus: "Welcome", Notifications", "My Profile", "Control Panel" etc.
Click on "Control Panel". Then on the left hand side panel you will see under "My Settings" section: "Edit Profile". Click on that.
Scroll down till you see the drop down list "Platform". Select the respective platform. Now click "Save Changes" bottom button of page. Done.

In the meantime I'm searching Google for your problem. Do above steps in the meantime.

Sukhisb
07-01-2018, 11:55
Done the changes, thank you

davidt33
07-01-2018, 11:59
Nice. I see you've now successfully changed your Platform to "PS4".
Before we continue, are you sure you have enough available storage space on the PS4 for further downloads?
According to what I've seen, you need approx twice times the available storage space available to the size of download.

Sukhisb
07-01-2018, 12:09
I’ve got about 60gb of storage left

davidt33
07-01-2018, 12:13
I’ve got about 60gb of storage left

That could be why. Remember you need approx twice times the available HDD storage space on the console depending on the size of download. How much is the download size?
BTW, how are you connected to the internet? Wi-Fi or wired?

davidt33
07-01-2018, 12:53
Please answer how you are connected to internet. Wi-Fi or Wired.

In any case I'm 99.999% sure your problem is with available HDD storage space on the console.
You said you have 60GB right? Well the download size of the game is 39.31 GB. Remember you need at least 2x the available storage space which means you have less than required.
What you need to do is free up available storage space. You can do this by deleting one or two games already stored, perhaps you no longer need.

HDD space

We’ll usually let you know if you don’t have enough free HDD when you buy something from PlayStation Store, but check https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/content/dam/get-help/help-library/scee/furniture/notifications-icon-01-ps4-eu-29jul15.gif [Notifications] as we’ll also let you know if download fails because you didn’t have enough HDD space.
Your PS4 needs enough free HDD equal to the size of the game plus 50GB. For example, you need 70GB to download a 20GB game. Go to https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/content/dam/get-help/help-library/scee/furniture/settings-icon-01-ps4-eu-22jul15.gif [Settings] > [System Storage Management] to check your HDD space.
Delete content to create enough space to allow download.

To delete a game to free up storage space:
Go to Settings.....Systems Storage Management.....Applications.
Select whichever game....Click on Options button. You will see some options available. Make sure a checkmark next to the game (and not any other). Now select Delete....and confirm. (This should now free up some storage space). If not enough, delete another. If sufficient, proceed to continue downloading.

Additional note: Further patches released from the Day One release also require more space (and you will want to install those patches) so make sure you have more than enough available storage space for the further patches/downloads.

Sukhisb
07-01-2018, 15:43
I normally use a WiFi cfor nnection, but have changed to using a waisted connection for this purpose, I’ll delete some other stuff and report back

davidt33
07-01-2018, 17:11
I normally use a WiFi cfor nnection, but have changed to using a waisted connection for this purpose, I’ll delete some other stuff and report back

If the Wi-Fi speed is sufficiently fast it's all good, otherwise a wired connection is often preferred....assuming of course your download speed is of the fast/er variety. I have no idea what your download speed is because you didn't say. But as I said nevertheless I believe your issue was with available free storage space.

BTW, once you free up sufficient space there's no need to stop or delete the download to start all over again. Once you free up space the download should continue from where it left off. If it doesn't continue automatically check notifications/downloads or whatever and tell it to continue.

Sukhisb
08-01-2018, 18:07
Thanks for your help, Iíve only got a 500gb PS4, Iím going to pair an additional 320gb external HDD, and try from there

davidt33
08-01-2018, 21:02
Thanks for your help, I’ve only got a 500gb PS4, I’m going to pair an additional 320gb external HDD, and try from there

Glad to help. I myself have a 500GB PS4 but you probably have more games downloaded than me. I also had to delete one or two games myself though.
I'm looking to get sometime soon an external expansion drive also.
I'm going to get the Seagate 2TB Game Drive for PlayStation 4 Portable External USB Hard Drive

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LPMSN1/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=ISHOBVRLARO13&colid=26I96LN2ERFZF&psc=1

Konan
08-01-2018, 21:23
Glad to help. I myself have a 500GB PS4 but you probably have more games downloaded than me. I also had to delete one or two games myself though.
I'm looking to get sometime soon an external expansion drive also.
I'm going to get the Seagate 2TB Game Drive for PlayStation 4 Portable External USB Hard Drive

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LPMSN1/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=ISHOBVRLARO13&colid=26I96LN2ERFZF&psc=1

I have 1TB and that still wasn't enough....:cool:
Maybe because i don't like to delete my games....

davidt33
08-01-2018, 21:36
I have 1TB and that still wasn't enough....:cool:
Maybe because i don't like to delete my games....

I hear ya. It pained me to delete the one or two I had to delete to make space but it was a necessary evil. Nice to have them in case you want to have a go some time. The expansion drive should do the trick quite nicely.

Sum Dixon-Ear
08-01-2018, 22:45

Noice! I might just bag one of those myself, good find.

Minimitch
09-01-2018, 08:45
Damn that's an expensive 2tb HDD

Sukhisb
13-01-2018, 12:48
Itís working now, Thank you for your help