PDA

View Full Version : New to the game (and sim-racing), just wanted to say hi

Tom L
08-01-2018, 11:52
Hi everyone,
Tom from Sweden here. Just thought that I should take a couple of minutes and say hi as I'm new on the forum and to sim-racing in general. Back in the day I played TOCA 2 and the first GT on the PS (that is how old I am) and enjoyed them very much but since then I haven't really played a lot of racing games.

I've always thought that it looked kind of fun to try a racing game with a good wheel and got lucky and found a T300 for 650kr (around 65 euro) and a set of pedals for 350kr about a week ago. Bought PC2 right away and have logged about 10h so far. I'm enjoying it but it is a hard game for sure.

So far I've only been driving test-laps and time trials at Long Beach. First in a Radical (which is a nice car as it is pretty fast and easy to control at the same time imo) and now in a Formula Rookie for the last couple of hours. I'm learning slowly and about to switch of the racing line as I don't need it anymore on that track.

Anyway, this seems like a good place to stop by and get advice from more experienced players from time to time. My biggest question right now is how I am supposed to get my own ghost uploaded in TT. Can't seem to make it work in spite of trying everything that others in the forum have posted before. Does anyone know if this is a common problem on the PS4?

Tom L
08-01-2018, 13:52
Hi everyone,
Tom from Sweden here. Just thought that I should take a couple of minutes and say hi as I'm new on the forum and to sim-racing in general. Back in the day I played TOCA 2 and the first GT on the PS (that is how old I am) and enjoyed them very much but since then I haven't really played a lot of racing games.

I've always thought that it looked kind of fun to try a racing game with a good wheel and got lucky and found a T300 for 650kr (around 65 euro) and a set of pedals for 350kr about a week ago. Bought PC2 right away and have logged about 10h so far. I'm enjoying it but it is a hard game for sure.

So far I've only been driving test-laps and time trials at Long Beach. First in a Radical (which is a nice car as it is pretty fast and easy to control at the same time imo) and now in a Formula Rookie for the last couple of hours. I'm learning slowly and about to switch of the racing line as I don't need it anymore on that track.

Anyway, this seems like a good place to stop by and get advice from more experienced players from time to time. My biggest question right now is how I am supposed to get my own ghost uploaded in TT. Can't seem to make it work in spite of trying everything that others in the forum have posted before. Does anyone know if this is a common problem on the PS4?

CoproManiac
08-01-2018, 13:56
Welcome Tom!

I believe you can only add ghosts from the top 30 on PS4, IIRC.

Keena
08-01-2018, 14:09
Welcome Tom. You'll find this forum an absolute gold mine of information and Project Cars 2 very rewarding. It's got so much depth to it. Enjoy.

blinkngone
08-01-2018, 15:56
Hi Tom, welcome. If you need any help with your setups you can use the Garage as well as your own platform forum. Sorry but the Ghost issue is here to stay.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?156-The-Garage-Car-Setup-Talk

Tom L
08-01-2018, 17:50
Thank you for the welcome.

To bad about the ghost. Don't have much use of loading ghost from elite drivers in a Formula X when I'm driving the rookie Formula in at a +35 second/lap pace :) I can't seem to sort the leaderboards by car type either. Only from class. Is that a known issue on the PS4 also?

Zaskarspants
08-01-2018, 18:09

To bad about the ghost. Don't have much use of loading ghost from elite drivers in a Formula X when I'm driving the rookie Formula in at a +35 second/lap pace :) I can't seem to sort the leaderboards by car type either. Only from class. Is that a known issue on the PS4 also?

Sadly on consoles Microsoft and Sony restrict the number of slots available. PC has car per track.
This restriction varies across titles due to individual agreements but afaik there is no chance of the PC system coming to the consoles.

If you want to set a top tt time you need to use the competitive cars each class.

blinkngone
08-01-2018, 18:28

Hi TomL, sorry I wasn't clear earlier, I can use the PC leaderboard in TT because I am on PC but the console drivers are the ones with the issues. You can search the WMD portal here http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=4241994684&vehicle=2219682419 then go to the Garage and request a setup of a particular track/car combination so you can see what others are doing in the Setups for consoles thread or just go straight to the Setups for Consoles Post Patch 3.0 and request a setup there.http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58129-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-3-0

FOG-Smokebeer
08-01-2018, 18:30
I am not totally sure but you might need your time to be in the top 10 for it to make the ghost upload for others.If your going to be risking online its looking like you need some gt3 skills 7/10 rooms seem to run them BOO HISS ;)

SCClockDr
08-01-2018, 20:45
Welcome to the game! I'm 71 years young & making progress. I find PC2 a bit more challenging than PC1. Never give up, keep at it, I've had some podiums gifted to me when the leaders went for it & failed.

fBomb220
09-01-2018, 02:15
The ghost saves are currently buggy and not saving but you can still add your "best in session" ghost and race against yourself after a good lap is completed.

Tom L
09-01-2018, 07:57
The ghost saves are currently buggy and not saving but you can still add your "best in session" ghost and race against yourself after a good lap is completed.

That would be great. How do I do that? No matter what I try in TT my own ghost doesn't upload, even if my best lap saves correctly.

Bealdor
09-01-2018, 07:59
Threads merged.