PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having this issue with mute?

Alfisti
08-01-2018, 14:55
So you start a qualifying session and as per usual one or two players have their mike wide open, cue overbearing engine noises, dogs barking, nagging wives or if Australia a torrent of swearing (it's in our DNA).

So you go to the lobby, shift to the right and select the offending player by pressing X, instead of their short profile and an option to mute coming up, it just reverts back to the previous page listing times.

Happened to me in two of four online races last night.

hkraft300
08-01-2018, 15:20
So you start a qualifying session and as per usual one or two players have their mike wide open, cue overbearing engine noises, dogs barking, nagging wives or if Australia a torrent of swearing (it's in our DNA).

So you go to the lobby, shift to the right and select the offending player by pressing X, instead of their short profile and an option to mute coming up, it just reverts back to the previous page listing times.

Happened to me in two of four online races last night.

Same happens to me always, except if Iím still in the lobby (before I join the session).
I have to turn on my ds4, scroll with the R stick select and mute. Then it works, sometimes if thereís a decent enough connection.

Sorry for the foul language :D

leeroy98
08-01-2018, 15:27
I start a party before joining a lobby these days got fed up of people with loud mics messing up my laps and having to mute them individually now its just my engine I hear :D

Alfisti
08-01-2018, 15:31
I have to turn on my ds4, scroll with the R stick select and mute.

Isn't that what I am doing??

V3nom
08-01-2018, 15:33
Well if you pay attention, everyone's voice is too loud. It is an issue with project cars. It is also the only audio channel that does not have a slider for balancing in the audio settings.
I have created a topic on this issue and it has been reported to the devs today.
If you don't require listening to anyone as in league races then just create a party through the PlayStation function.

Alfisti
08-01-2018, 15:42
Well if you pay attention, everyone's voice is too loud. It is an issue with project cars. It is also the only audio channel that does not have a slider for balancing in the audio settings.
I have created a topic on this issue and it has been reported to the devs today.
If you don't require listening to anyone as in league races then just create a party through the PlayStation function.

Or i could just mute players, if it worked.

hkraft300
08-01-2018, 15:45
Well if you pay attention, everyone's voice is too loud..

My mic isn’t too loud. I have a slider to reduce my mic volume so it doesn’t make others ears bleed.

Or i could just mute players, if it worked.

Or

I start a party before joining a lobby

The mute doesn’t always work for me, only sometimes.

V3nom
08-01-2018, 15:50
@hkraft
I know you can adjust your mic loudness but from default everyone's voice is too loud. I guess you can't expect everyone to change it..
I'm just annoyed that SMS put in 10 sliders in the audio settings for things that IMO don't need adjustment but they left this one out.

hkraft300
08-01-2018, 22:56
Ye... I don't like it either.