PDA

View Full Version : Devs, I have a solution to your license and e-sports problem

Campo675
10-01-2018, 07:44
I love the cars, tracks and handling model of PC2 but the online racing license system should be improved

So I made a post in this thread last night and would recommend to give that a read as it explains what the problems are that I have had with regards to the broken system: Time Trials-noone-can-access

Now for the solution (nothing is perfect but I believe this system would be better than current one)

* as PC2 is marketed as a sim and one of the best ever made with attention to details and representative of real Motorsport, points should be scored like it is in real Racing. ie: 1st-25, 2nd-20, 3rd-18(or 15). And then so on until the last point is given to the guy that finishes in 10th or 12th getting a single point.

* points should under no circumstances be removed because of being beaten by somebody that has less points than you. This is ridiculous for a number of reasons:

1. Different track suit different drivers

2. Different cars suit different drivers

3. Setups might be better or worse for that given race and or Conditions

4. Might be a much better driver than you but he honed his skill in single player so has less points on his License.
The current system where you either loose points or gain single digit scores for getting a good result (podium) against lower rated drivers actually does not represent your performance and respect the podium or your position and performance of the race.

A good example of how bad this is: imagine if Schumacher in the years that he dominated got 8 points for a victory instead of full points, with race direction telling him we will not give you full points because the guys that you beat aren’t as good as you, or their car is slower so you don’t deserve 25 points.
Or even worse comes 4th and looses 8 points because of the same reason stated above. Same goes to Valentino Rossi etc.

* like all professional racers, they have lifetime total points earned. Means that in a career spanning X amount of years, Damon Hill scores X amount of points in total, And one can rank all the drivers that have raced according to these points.
The PC2 license should follow this same concept. No points should be deducted. At all...
the question then comes but how do you penalize somebody that cheats or rams people out of the race, that should be moved entirely to your safety rating only. And perhaps make that more difficult to increase your rating. One can discuss in a different post how to sort this out better.

*. This might require the official online events to be increased in rating required, for example from 1600 being th lowest to 2000 being the lowest because points no longer get deducted. It can also be moved higher year after year if needed as everybody ranks up and increases their total points scored.

*. Points can only be scored in a race that has a grid size of the minimum required amount of drivers. ie: if it is decided that 10th position will get the last single point, the race must start with a minimum of 10 cars on the grid. This will divide the individuals that want to increase their rank for online races and the guys that do not care and just want to race for whatever reason other than that. Also, will ensure that we see more full lobbies instead of having 50 running lobbies with 3 cars on the grid Racing.

* this system will also reward and promote you to come race online and grind away as much as you can. Currently it doesn’t as the minute you rank up anything can happen in your next race to reduce your points again, this definitely ruins that drive and motivation to do another race and another and another...

I feel this system will be more representative of a simulation that wants to target competitive racing instead of your license representing a lotto system where points gained or lossed is determined by the amount of trolls you have in the lobby or the current “skill” rating of the other guys.

I also feel that the skill levels of all drivers (not the safety rating system or the system that indicates how long you have been driving with the colours) should get a reset before implementing this system. There will be upset people but there’s will also be people greatful for this as they lost many points because of crashes and bugs.

I will add more ideas to this post As I think of them

PoL
10-01-2018, 10:51
Wow! 'taking on the dev team'. I'm in QA for work and I know that this kind of thing has some suggestive undertones that devs don't always respond to so positively. So i'm commenting to add context where they might not.

I'm not saying I entirely disagree with your points above, actually it's quite good. BUT with all due respect, you are actually suggesting that WMD made the incorrect decision to go with online/eSports-like rating system (similiar to MMR in Dota2 or SC2).
Presuming they would have done their research (literally) before implementing this system, they are unlikely to revamp the entire system to simulate real life systems in championships for Online lobbies. Rather they are more likely adjust / amend what currently exists.

I love F1 as much as the next guy, probably a bit more, yeah sure you can't penalise a Schumacher because he is better - but at that level and in real life - it makes sense to award the full 25 points for that race for that season. When it comes to moderating a group of consumers in a fair manner for custom online races, the ranking needs to be somewhat standardised, however the hosts of online races determine the entry criteria e.g. a lot of guys host U100 even though they are like A1500 to get the party started.

IMHO Hard points should be applied to careers/seasons. But yeah if they can find a way to give 'hard points' in an esports you would end up with like 5 gazillion points after 2 years of playing onlines.

I think the core of the problem is that you, the consumer (and me) have been given a simulation game worthy of simulating EVERYTHING even down to the points systems, but yet you (and me) have been ranked according to a lifetime rating for online gaming which is... seemingly inequitable, but i'm quite confident there is method to the madness. How else do you split the pros from the noobs?

Anyway nice and refreshing to read your thoughts.
GL HF

Oh to add to you list of reasons:
* points should under no circumstances be removed because of being beaten by somebody that has less points than you. This is ridiculous for a number of reasons:

5. Some drivers use assists and others not, also some glitches can cause this.

Sankyo
10-01-2018, 11:04
The current system where you either loose points or gain single digit scores for getting a good result (podium) against lower rated drivers actually does not represent your performance and respect the podium or your position and performance of the race.

A good example of how bad this is: imagine if Schumacher in the years that he dominated got 8 points for a victory instead of full points, with race direction telling him we will not give you full points because the guys that you beat aren’t as good as you, or their car is slower so you don’t deserve 25 points.
Or even worse comes 4th and looses 8 points because of the same reason stated above. Same goes to Valentino Rossi etc.

* like all professional racers, they have lifetime total points earned. Means that in a career spanning X amount of years, Damon Hill scores X amount of points in total, And one can rank all the drivers that have raced according to these points.
The PC2 license should follow this same concept. No points should be deducted. At all...
the question then comes but how do you penalize somebody that cheats or rams people out of the race, that should be moved entirely to your safety rating only. And perhaps make that more difficult to increase your rating. One can discuss in a different post how to sort this out better.

Championship points is something different than skill points. A system that does not deduce points does not include or represent current performance, only past performance.

If a 3-time champion suddenly cannot drive competitively anymore because the cars have changed that he cannot cope and he's only able to drive at the rear of the field, his points gathered in the past would still place him well above half of the field while his current performance doesn't agree. Only if points are deduced based on the other drivers' skill ratings, his skill rating would converge to his current ability as it should.

Mad Al
10-01-2018, 11:08
Sorry, but you appear to be getting confused between a ranking system and a championship points system.. they aren't the same, the license is all about RELATIVE performance, so yes, if you get beaten by someone who is a lower ranked player, you drop points whilst they gain them.

Just throwing 25 points to the winner of a race means, he who races most, ends up at the front.. and that's complete BS because it takes no account of the quality or depth of a field. Do I suddenly become a better racer because I beat a bunch of racers who I should have beaten... no I don't.

The current points system will eventually stabilise around where each player sits in relative terms, irrespective of cars, tracks or setups.. and use of different setups, input devices or assists is irrelevant.

Campo675
10-01-2018, 12:41
I didn’t not have any undertones in my heading. I posted this thread in a positive way as there are many complaints etc. but very few posts about or for honest improvements.

I am indeed not mistaking a ranking system for a championship system... PC2 is not an RPG. I fully understand that it is the creative freedom to do whatever you want with your creation. So if SMS is completely happy with this system then so be it. But honestly one must be extremely naive to believe that this system is currently working.

You guys gave examples as to why my idea might not work, and yes nothing will ever be perfect.
But, what is more fair:

* a racer that has gained points over the last year of Racing, then a latest build comes around and he struggles. You guys state that he should be evaluated on his current performance and not his past. But my system does just that, as he will then not score any points or if he comes 9th or 10th only get 1 or 2 points. This then will allow the guys that struggled with the previous build to catch up to the guy that did better. Hopefully this was understood as not easy to explain.

Or is it more fair for a good racer to be taken out by a dirty racer with lower points, The dirty racer goes and finishes ahead of the better cleaner driver and scores double points, while the better cleaner driver actually gets points deducted for contact and being beaten by the dirty driver. It would be much easier to stomach the race results if I don’t get points deducted by something that was out of my control. And people can say what they want, if somebody wants to take you out, they will do it, there will be very very few times where you can honestly avoid that situation.

I ask again, please read my post that I made in the other thread before dismissing what I am suggesting.

Johnny Tavares
10-01-2018, 12:52
I do not know if anyone here played "Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed", but there we started with 1000 points and we can increase or decrease according to our results, the system is equal to Pcars 2, but I feel the distribution is much fairer.

cpcdem
10-01-2018, 13:55
Just think of it again, with your system, if an average player plays the sim all day, he can easily do 20 races in one day. Even by finishing always 5th, he will accumulate 200 points this day alone. An excellent player who always win, but only has time for 2-3 races per day, will only accumulate 50-75 points...You cannot measure relative performance with your system, you can mainly measure for how much time each players spends racing.

The current system is good more or less, it is indicative right now of people's abilities. In my opinion the only problem is that points are removed (and not added to someone else) when rage quitting/disconnecting etc, and this is unbalancing the system, which resulted to making a win give more points after patch 3, which i suspect will further unbalance it after a while. But on the other hand, such quitting should definitely be penalized in sme way, and I can't personally think of a good alternative one.

That's about the performance ranking, the safety ranking is a completely different discussion and unfortunately a lot of people since confuse those 2. Maybe it would be a good idea for SMS to explain those 2 rankings in detail in game? Maybe some text in the affinity screen or somewhere similar...

Mad Al
10-01-2018, 14:08

I ask again, please read my post that I made in the other thread before dismissing what I am suggesting.

I have and you aren't getting the point.

It's about RELATIVE performances... with a simple points for places system, if you raced the same 25 people day in day out and always finish in the same order, the points spread would just continue to grow. With the current system, the points will eventually settle.

Someone scoring 5000 finishes of 1 point in your system is the same as someone scoring 200 finishes of 25 points.. you consider those to be equal racers ?

Campo675
10-01-2018, 14:22
I have and you aren't getting the point.

It's about RELATIVE performances... with a simple points for places system, if you raced the same 25 people day in day out and always finish in the same order, the points spread would just continue to grow. With the current system, the points will eventually settle.

Someone scoring 5000 finishes of 1 point in your system is the same as someone scoring 200 finishes of 25 points.. you consider those to be equal racers ?

So its relative performances loosing points because when you need to retire to pits because somebody scrapped your car?
Its relative performances loosing points for giving back positions gained when having to avoid a wreck fest in front of you?
"" loosing points when the game crashes, or some other bug causes you not to finish etc?

with the system that is implemented at the moment, not only do my points mentioned above hold true, but also, unless your are an alien, qualify in first and go through the corner before the guys from the back can take you out in the first couple of corners and then drive away from danger. the opportunity to rank up is extremely extremely small and unfair

Campo675
10-01-2018, 14:25
So its relative performances loosing points because when you need to retire to pits because somebody scrapped your car?
Its relative performances loosing points for giving back positions gained when having to avoid a wreck fest in front of you?
"" loosing points when the game crashes, or some other bug causes you not to finish etc?

with the system that is implemented at the moment, not only do my points mentioned above hold true, but also, unless your are an alien, qualify in first and go through the corner before the guys from the back can take you out in the first couple of corners and then drive away from danger. the opportunity to rank up is extremely extremely small and unfair

I didn't fully explain that very well. think of it like this, with the current system, you say that I can be judged on my rating I have at this very moment, but how is that a reflection on my performance if I have lost more than 400 points in unfair situations. surely then my rating is not actually representative of my actual capability?

Also, if you just think about it, my system will eventually also balance itself in the long run. there are thousands of players, those that can manage to win race after race will all end up with the highest ratings, so will automatically make it into the top tiers. so to the guys that finish mid pack and tail enders.

Campo675
10-01-2018, 14:27
Also, I just want to Thank you Mad Al ad Pol for commenting and replying to my posts, its very great to see you guys active in discussions about this and can only result in better and smoother experiences for us

Mad Al
10-01-2018, 14:30
You lost points... sh*t happens.

As for your current number being under what it should, in that case you should have no problem increasing it.

rich1e I
10-01-2018, 14:36
This thread is once again proof that there must be some in-game info referring to the forums where the Competitive Racing License is explained in details.

PoL
10-01-2018, 14:40
Campo675, stay awesome.

The WMD guys did their research I'm dogmatically convinced of that. I actually agree with the majority of your points and the other guys comments too. I feel that it would be valid for WMD to do some 'balancing' of the points system or at least provide more info to the users. (instead of just this one page (https://www.projectcarsgame.com/competitive-racing-license.html?lang=en))

At least threads like this should raise a discussion point on the current ranking system.
WMD Dev's .. please refine our scoring.. I promise you I'm actually pro!

wesker6664
10-01-2018, 15:03

You won't lose points if you retire to pits and watch the race, just don't leave the lobby (well i think it works that way, i've done it twice and didn't get penalized). When the game came out, i've rage quitted a few times and quickly learned to never do it again :p

Campo675
10-01-2018, 15:20
You won't lose points if you retire to pits and watch the race, just don't leave the lobby (well i think it works that way, i've done it twice and didn't get penalized). When the game came out, i've rage quitted a few times and quickly learned to never do it again :p

Well, I lost points... 248585 from 1559 to 1529. so if it was not from retiring to pits then it must have been because I got rammed into the wall passing a guy on the straight as I explained in my previous post on another thread

Campo675
10-01-2018, 15:28
I am sitting on 85 online race starts with 10 wins, 35 podiums, 45 top 5... not the best stats ever but I the points I lost werent because I was finishing 13th or 14th etc. they were almost all because of bugs, trolls bashing my car up or other unfair incidents that did not reflect my potential at all

I have many single player races, but I have VR and the only one in the family and group of friends and neighbours with a VR headset and wheel etc. so many of the single player stats are from people coming over to race and feel VR. Actually really great to see how much people enjoy it!

( I did not post these stats because I think I'm good or I think I suck, I just posted it for added visual information to aid in explaining my idea)

cpcdem
10-01-2018, 15:36
I am sitting on 85 online race starts with 10 wins, 35 podiums, 45 top 5... not the best stats ever but I the points I lost werent because I was finishing 13th or 14th etc. they were almost all because of bugs, trolls bashing my car up or other unfair incidents that did not reflect my potential at all

Agreed, it sucks when this happens, but it happens to everybody, so it's not that the system is unfair to you.In my opinion the right question to ask is how to get rid of those trolls or avoid them, not how to change the rating system. Also to point (..) out that some more fixes are necessary, in order to avoid points removed due to bugs. But as I said, this happens to everybody anyway.

Campo675
10-01-2018, 15:54
Agreed, it sucks when this happens, but it happens to everybody, so it's not that the system is unfair to you.In my opinion the right question to ask is how to get rid of those trolls or avoid them, not how to change the rating system. Also to point (..) out that some more fixes are necessary, in order to avoid points removed due to bugs. But as I said, this happens to everybody anyway.

I definitely did not mention this because I feel that it is only unfair to me, lol. I mention this as I think there is a better way to do it. I am not a coder or developer but I cant imagine it being easier to sort out a system that gives points when it should and not deduct when it shouldnt or deduct when it should, moderate every single incident on track, calculate if whos fault it was, how hard the impact was, was it deliberate etc etc. (it cant be easy thing to write and I do have great respect for the amount of work needed to do something like this.) vs. just not deducting points... all the incidents that are currently happening will still happen, but for the people on the receiving end it wouldnt feel like a double wammy

cpcdem
10-01-2018, 16:06
OK, so what do you suggest should be done to avoid people quitting races when they see they do not win? In the first game, this was a nightmare, we had races that started with 20+ people and only 3-4 remained till the end. The current system of deducing points when not finishing the races has been working brilliantly in that matter so far, usually more than 75% of the players stay till the end.

It worked also for me personally, at some point I was also very angry about the trolls or idiots, so that when they rammed me, I just quit, instead of returning the favor. At some point I reached 1200 ranking or lower and did not care at all, but when I saw that there are events that require high rating, I changed my mind :)

Campo675
10-01-2018, 16:08
You lost points... sh*t happens.

As for your current number being under what it should, in that case you should have no problem increasing it.

Well... dang... thats a bit spicy but guess I can and should take it considering some of my post.

I do not believe that I am good, I wish I was...

also, about the loosing points shit happens... That kinda not a very nice response considering that currently loosing points is not just a matter of oh well, it actually prevents me from entering some of the challenges. So PC2 puts great importance on having points and exclude people based on those points. I am only putting importance on the points because PC2 puts importance on the points.

Something I thought about that might ring true to some of the posts and the relationships between company and clients: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" the more marketing buzz that gets created, the more emphasis there is on how great a game is, how competitive it will be etc. the more passionate the people will react when those statements do not match the experience.

This statement holds true in all parts of life, with everything. So Please realize that if it was the purpose of all the marketing was to create a passionate need to buy and play the game... if the marketing succeeded... the clients will react strongly and passionately on forums etc.

Campo675
10-01-2018, 16:15
OK, so what do you suggest should be done to avoid people quitting races when they see they do not win? In the first game, this was a nightmare, we had races that started with 20+ people and only 3-4 remained till the end. The current system of deducing points when not finishing the races has been working brilliantly in that matter so far, usually more than 75% of the players stay till the end.

It worked also for me personally, at some point I was also very angry about the trolls or idiots, so that when they rammed me, I just quit, instead of returning the favor. At some point I reached 1200 ranking or lower and did not care at all, but when I saw that there are events that require high rating, I changed my mind :)

lol, no in fact in my first post I actually literally say I did not quit the race because I feel that behavior should be punished. In my post on another thread I mention this incident, I already had to go into the pits to repair my car once after a first corner incident where somebody came from the back of the pack without brakes and took me and the 2nd placed guy out. Then after catching back up to the pack and passing a driver on the start finish straight, as I came alongside him he turned into me and crashed us into the pit wall. I decided its pointless to go into the pits and repair a second time as the race was almost done and I wanted to avoid getting rammed again to protect my rating. I think retiring to the pit was the right thing to do

*Edit* not in response to the quote

also consider the following, isnt there perhaps a chance that the current system limits the car classes and tracks we find in lobbies? If guys want to increase their ranking and do not want to loose points, chances are they will only enter (or create) lobbies choosing a car and a track combo that they know they are good with. Instead of creating an environment where you give it a car/track combo a go that you either dont know or arent good with, because you dont have to worry about loosing points. And joining a lobby that has the ratings set on off is an absolute nightmare if you want to actually race.

cpcdem
10-01-2018, 16:47
As I said before, so this is that thing that should "fixed". We must find a way to get rid of the trolls, or to not allow them to mess with our races anymore. It will all work much better afterwards.

Mad Al
10-01-2018, 16:55
Well... dang... thats a bit spicy but guess I can and should take it considering some of my post.

I do not believe that I am good, I wish I was...

also, about the loosing points shit happens... That kinda not a very nice response considering that currently loosing points is not just a matter of oh well, it actually prevents me from entering some of the challenges. So PC2 puts great importance on having points and exclude people based on those points. I am only putting importance on the points because PC2 puts importance on the points.

Something I thought about that might ring true to some of the posts and the relationships between company and clients: "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" the more marketing buzz that gets created, the more emphasis there is on how great a game is, how competitive it will be etc. the more passionate the people will react when those statements do not match the experience.

This statement holds true in all parts of life, with everything. So Please realize that if it was the purpose of all the marketing was to create a passionate need to buy and play the game... if the marketing succeeded... the clients will react strongly and passionately on forums etc.

Everyone has days when they drop points.. and sometimes it's not down to anything you can control.. but, everyone is in the same boat and eventually the scores should even out. Whether that means you get to play in the big league, or turn out to just be a jobbing club racer, it is what it is..

Campo675
10-01-2018, 19:36
Everyone has days when they drop points.. and sometimes it's not down to anything you can control.. but, everyone is in the same boat and eventually the scores should even out. Whether that means you get to play in the big league, or turn out to just be a jobbing club racer, it is what it is..

it is what it is indeed, and I guess I knew that it would be very unlikely that the rating system will change from what it is. I am def. a club racer lol, but I'm not upset about that. I guess I just feel that maybe this rating system is just too complex to really have control over. But then again, I am not a developer, so maybe in the next patch or two all these problems will be sorted as its not just trolls. Its the other problems I mentioned also. If these things can indeed be controlled then it probably will be a good system.

Oh well, I at least tried to make a positive type of post with a possible solution instead of just going crazy on the forum.

g33k hack3rs
11-01-2018, 16:01
There are definitely pros and cons to both a rating system like we have and a points system. Neither is perfect and both really indicate past performance. Or more accurately prior performance. Even in a rating system if I finish 1st in 100 GT5 races and have a high safety and skill level that is no indication of how well I will do in an open wheel race or LMP race. It seems as if there should be some adjustment to indicate skill level based on a level playing field.

Say we take AI at 100 skill rating as the default standard. Then skill should be based on consistently outperforming that AI skill level rather than some random player in the lobby. Even when crashing in a 10 lap race. Say it is a T1 incident then I might go into the pits so both lap 1 and 2 will be slow but if I then put in 8 laps with laptimes better than what would be expected from AI 100 then I should get points for a high skill level. This will help to even things out so someone who races in a lobby with low skill level players can still gain the same amount of points as one who enters a lobby with high level racers.

The other advantage of a system like this is that consistency and lap times get evaluated equally regardless of disconnects or other failures from the server or locally.

I've been in many lobbies with high safety ratings but then the skill levels are below my current level. Yes, it is great to race with them since I rarely get into accidents but increasing my skill then becomes much more difficult. The driver that is able to qualify in 1st, pull away from the pack and finish 1st should be compensated according to his skill and not his ability to come from behind and overtake lower ranked drivers.

And potentially adding a class designation to the skill might help. I would think that my skill level is much higher in GT cars and TC cars than open wheel. I just don't usually drive open wheel cars and tend to join lobbies with GT and TC classes.

I think you have some good ideas but I tend to agree that going to a completely different system doesn't seem likely. Rather adapting the current system to something a bit more objective rather than subjective could benefit all.

Campo675
11-01-2018, 20:10
Say we take AI at 100 skill rating as the default standard. Then skill should be based on consistently outperforming that AI skill level rather than some random player in the lobby. Even when crashing in a 10 lap race. Say it is a T1 incident then I might go into the pits so both lap 1 and 2 will be slow but if I then put in 8 laps with laptimes better than what would be expected from AI 100 then I should get points for a high skill level. This will help to even things out so someone who races in a lobby with low skill level players can still gain the same amount of points as one who enters a lobby with high level racers.

The other advantage of a system like this is that consistency and lap times get evaluated equally regardless of disconnects or other failures from the server or locally.

I've been in many lobbies with high safety ratings but then the skill levels are below my current level. Yes, it is great to race with them since I rarely get into accidents but increasing my skill then becomes much more difficult. The driver that is able to qualify in 1st, pull away from the pack and finish 1st should be compensated according to his skill and not his ability to come from behind and overtake lower ranked drivers.

Wow, I think your idea is brilliant! Especially considering what we mentioned about the difficulties of completely chainging the system. And your point about the safety rating in relation to your skill ranking is spot on.

Possibly also, with the online time challenges, currently you are only locked out based on skill points and it’s open to U safety ratings. Maybe putting that up to at least an A or B. Will promote people to drive better too

I did mention it in a previous post but will again to get clarity with regards to this. In the race that I retired to the pits after getting rammed a second time, did I loose points because the guys rammed me or was it because I retired to the pit? I think If one can retire to the pit without loosing points, will lead to allot less frustration

cpcdem
11-01-2018, 22:00
I did mention it in a previous post but will again to get clarity with regards to this. In the race that I retired to the pits after getting rammed a second time, did I loose points because the guys rammed me or was it because I retired to the pit? I think If one can retire to the pit without loosing points, will lead to allot less frustration

Why would you lose points because someone rammed you? That could have a (small) impact on the safety ranking (due to the contact), but why would it affect the performance ranking at all? Of course it is not this that affected your points.

About retiring to pits, I am not sure if that action by itself loses you a lot of points now, but at least it should lose you as many points as if you had normally finished the race in last position. And if there were a lot of people racing in the lobby, then that could still mean a lot of points!

Actually all that is explained in a video posted by the devs, but I'm not so sure if that actually works like that in practice. For example, it's supposed to be that if you're in the first places in the last laps and for some reason you're out of the race, then points loss should be minimal. But couple days ago when Steam went down in the last corner of the last lap, both myself and another guy who were in the first 2 places lost 25 points..

PoL
12-01-2018, 12:35
Oh well, I at least tried to make a positive type of post with a possible solution instead of just going crazy on the forum.

LoL. I think this thread went full retard. Never go full retard.
Anyway you have contributed. I reference this post made by cpcdem

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?59395-License-point-drops&p=1453545&viewfull=1#post1453545

PoL
12-01-2018, 14:35
Yorkie uploaded a video last year explaining everything down to the tee if you still have any unanswered questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WFDKD99SKg

Campo675
13-01-2018, 17:56
LoL. I think this thread went full retard. Never go full retard.
Anyway you have contributed. I reference this post made by cpcdem

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?59395-License-point-drops&p=1453545&viewfull=1#post1453545

Lol, well... I still feel that loosing points for retiring to pits, game crashing, loosing points to cheaters and trolls absolutely benefits no one.

If the system is there to represent your performance than none of these things that can lead to loss of your performance that actually are not performance related should exist.

Easiest way to do that is by not deducting points and just going with a different point system. But seems that I am in the extreme minority that feels this way.

Will just have to continue on this path or not play if I donít agree with it as SMS wonít be open to looking at alternatives.

So yeah, lol guess the thread went full retard. Was very pointless

satco1066
25-01-2018, 14:59
In high speed situation its often not easy to see who is the troll and for the program its also not easy to make the right choice.

In following situation ( league race with all members in Teamspeak channel ) both drivers complained about the troll in the red Ferrari, that checked them.
After this slow motion replay both apologised.

I think everything is clear from this view, but in their own restrickted cockpit view they thought they were right just in the moment.
In many public races i saw similar situations where the wrong people complain.

BTW: since that race, proximi indicator is obligate in our events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24IsDoVrUdc&feature=youtu.be

PoL
26-01-2018, 13:36
I love the cars, tracks and handling model of PC2 but the online racing license system should be improved

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60127-PC-amp-all-plateform-License-calcultation-problem/page2

I just found this topic posted which kind of addresses our questions on how the system works. This is a ridiculous bug and should apparently be fixed in Patch 1.4 according to the WMD/SMS members.

Tosch001
02-02-2018, 10:37
I totally agree with Campo675 when he states "I still feel that loosing points for retiring to pits, game crashing, loosing points to cheaters and trolls absolutely benefits no one." This is mainly the reason that a friend of mine - and me also from time to time - gets so frustrated during online racing that he 's thinking about quitting playing PC2 overall! This means that I loose a hobby too because I love the Saturdays that we meet and race against each other and others (if not trolls!) during online races.

Stewy32
03-02-2018, 08:06
A couple of points about the OP
People can cheat this system so easily:2 players,1 lap of Knockhill Tri-Oval,swap positions each time,picking up 43 points every 5 minutes.
Also,the system means that new players don't have a chance of competing with other quick drivers unless quick drivers do slow driver lobbies.
You talk about real life points-the majority of global series do different points so does that mean that NASCAR races are worth more than FA or Ginetta Junior more than LMP1.

Killg0re NL
03-02-2018, 12:13
Why is everybody focussing on the license system so much?

I buy games to have fun...
And true you don't want to get rammed of the circuit.

Same as for 1st person shooters. Joining a multiplayer session always have some jokers in your team.

When i played fps games, i joined a community.
They had rules and a pw protected server. So no jokers there. And some orginised warfare.

Back to racing, join a online community for organised racing. And join a (random) server when 'you just want to race' And from there you just have to put up whats in there. (Even the jokers)

The system will never be to everybody's liking. When X is implemented, person Y disagrees with his system. So this will be a never ending story..

MOTOJUNGLA
04-05-2018, 22:23

Wtf? How the fux you earned 69 points in one race?

Sankyo
07-05-2018, 07:18

Language, please, no matter how flabberghasted you are :)

Ofnir4
07-05-2018, 10:02

I'm not sure the chart tracks race by race, if you do 3 races in quick succession it may be counted as one improvement when you log out.

But you can technically do it in one race, if you are low rating (like a 1300 against 1500) or low in relation to your opponents. (1500 against 1750)

MOTOJUNGLA
07-05-2018, 23:03
lol :o

MOTOJUNGLA
07-05-2018, 23:05
I'm not sure the chart tracks race by race, if you do 3 races in quick succession it may be counted as one improvement when you log out.

But you can technically do it in one race, if you are low rating (like a 1300 against 1500) or low in relation to your opponents. (1500 against 1750)

It is very difficult to earn points when you are high. Now im s1725 and i just lost 4 points even finishing second of 10. The maximum i get for a clean race finishing first is 8-14 points with 20-25 racers. The problem is that its difficult to find lobbies with a high license