PDA

View Full Version : Ben's encouraging words

oliie
12-01-2018, 08:58
"If anybody can do it, it's you. Keep pushing".

Am I the only one who loves this stuff? Not only does it make me feel great and cool in game but... those words ring in my ears in real life too. I've been through some shit recently and remembering those words and similar stuff Ben says in game has genuinely helped me and made me feel better.

Thank you for this motivation Ben. And whoever came up with the idea of putting this in the game.

beatrunner
12-01-2018, 11:58
i agree its good to hear such things. i often hear something like "you are in another league / world" or something like that when i'm really leading a race.
also good to hear is "you are leading by xy seconds, keep it going" ...

but my problem i have with ben is, i try to put it in kind words: DON'T yell at me how great i am before or in the most dangerous corners on earth while i try to point my wheels the way they should while my car is jumping over the bump right in front of the second bridge in Bannochbrae.

Please Ben, you can congratulate me later or let's say 10 secs before....but just don't do it there :-))))

he quite often also says something like "if you have anything left, then push it right now".....i most often hear this also when leading and allready have to deal with "damn, i just need to keep the car on track" (you know, the times when you feel there's no grip and all)...so he yells at me i should try to push harder while im allready struggling not to loose control.

but i love it anyway. that's for sure.

dodge33cymru
12-01-2018, 13:03
If you're on PC OP, thoroughly recommend trying the amazing Crew Chief app by Mr Belowski. It's like Ben on verbal steroids, and you can even talk back if you have a mic...

freeon
12-01-2018, 13:12
If you're on PC OP, thoroughly recommend trying the amazing Crew Chief app by Mr Belowski. It's like Ben on verbal steroids, and you can even talk back if you have a mic...

I agree. I love crew chief. It has made the it so much more immersive.

Schnizz58
12-01-2018, 14:28

You don't need to be on PC to enjoy Crew Chief. And I agree it makes the game much more fun. In addition to words of encouragement, he also gets on you if you're slacking. I had to pause the game one time I was laughing so hard. I got off to a bad start and was in the middle of the pack and he said, "You f'ed up the start, mate. Don't f up the race too." He also acts as a spotter, tells you when something's wrong with the car (brakes getting too hot, e.g.), gives you split times and much more.

davidt33
12-01-2018, 15:57
You don't need to be on PC to enjoy Crew Chief. And I agree it makes the game much more fun. In addition to words of encouragement, he also gets on you if you're slacking. I had to pause the game one time I was laughing so hard. I got off to a bad start and was in the middle of the pack and he said, "You f'ed up the start, mate. Don't f up the race too." He also acts as a spotter, tells you when something's wrong with the car (brakes getting too hot, e.g.), gives you split times and much more.

Yup. Crew Chief is the best. Love the raunchy comments too.

Balles
12-01-2018, 17:49
Agreed !

In PC3 I'd love to hear a famous pilote of my own country saying that to me (let's say Alain Prost for me).
Some words depending on the language you use in the game.

VelvetTorpedo
12-01-2018, 17:57
the crewchief app also has name personalizations, so you might be able to hear your real name (Mine is Dustin, for the clip below) being said by the spotter during those words of encouragement :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVwevJPpXbw

Raklodder
12-01-2018, 18:33
My crew chief is muted, but I will have to check this out.

Herege
12-01-2018, 18:42
Do not forget to mark the swear words on the CrewChief, something that also helps to give courage and immersion :p

Djuvinile
12-01-2018, 19:44
Great op! :D i like it as well.. unfortunately i had to mute Mr Collins a bit because him and Mr Belowski together is a bit much. i agree on Crew Chief being an awesome app! i got it for the spotter function on pc1. i remember how surprised i was on all the detailed info and options you're getting along with it. definitely worth a try.

J4yR3yn0ld5
13-01-2018, 04:49
It sounds like CrewChief is almost essential. Will download immediately. :)

chieflongshin
13-01-2018, 08:10
Can this be used on the one x?

Zaskarspants
13-01-2018, 10:40
Can this be used on the one x?

Yes, I have not used it yet as I recently sat on my tablet computer, but yes it is an android app that works via the UDP data output thingy. Sound comes from the device running the app.

As for Ben's encouraging words, I seem to often prang after his " great overtake " and other encouraging stuff.

Balles
13-01-2018, 11:06
There is one flaw though. He doesn't stop saying all I do is great and I'm starting to believe him ! :D

Gregz0r
13-01-2018, 12:27
Can anyone tell me what Ben’s on about during the last lap of this race? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XbxRuNVi0