PDA

View Full Version : Tyre Temps in the Rain

Richie Padalino
12-01-2018, 14:35
Okay, firstly, the tyres and how they react at different temperatures is one of the things I enjoy the most about this game, coming from certain games where your tyres being cold did the square route of F all to the overall handling.
I actually love the fact that if you push too hard when your temps are not up to where they should be, the car spits you out, and puts you firmly in your place, love it :)

But please can someone help me with what I can do to keep the temps at a decent level in the rain, as currently I can't do more than 8 minutes max on the Red Bull Ring, GT4, first career race.

Rolling start, nice, temps are therefore good. Then they slowly decrease, bit by bit, until by about 12-13 minutes to go, they're blue, and then that combined with the rain, makes the car feel as though it's on ice.

I really want to be able to crack it, but nothing seems to be working.

Schnizz58
12-01-2018, 14:48
Maybe try closing the brake ducts partially or even completely? The heat transfer from brakes to tires isn't efficient but it can help.

Maskmagog
27-02-2018, 22:14
Struggling with this now. Just started practice session, tyre temps (wet) are 15-20 degrees, and it’s very hard for me to stay on track. Suggestions?