PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Finding Online Races

dougdude9
12-01-2018, 17:19
Hey all,
I'm wanting to get my rating up so I can compete in some of the time challenges that require a rating of 1600 or more. The first time I went to the online hub to find a race, I couldn't find one to join for open wheel cars. I was filtering/searching and there were none for me to join.

Does anyone else have problems finding ranked races to join for the cars they enjoy?

I'm sure I could find a race to join, but it would probably be already in progress (what's the point) or some car I have never driven on a track I'm not familiar with.

Thanks,
Doug

FxUK
12-01-2018, 17:32
There's usually around 50 (ish) lobbies available at any one time, for me anyway.
Most are GT3 on Monza or a few other common tracks.

So, if you want to race something you enjoy, the best bet is to create your own lobby with a 10/15 min qualifying and hope people join. Being too restrictive on some things will leave you forever alone though, as in, some people don't want forced setups, forced single car (by class is better), forced assists, forced this/that/the other.

Also, If you get the timing right, most people leave the gt3/monza lobbies at the end of the race and search for new ones, hopefully something a bit different, so you might get ppl join.
Not everybody likes hosting a lobby and being in control, so people might welcome something different, but not necessarily set it up themselves.

dougdude9
12-01-2018, 17:44
There's usually around 50 (ish) lobbies available at any one time, for me anyway.
Most are GT3 on Monza or a few other common tracks.

So, if you want to race something you enjoy, the best bet is to create your own lobby with a 10/15 min qualifying and hope people join. Being too restrictive on some things will leave you forever alone though, as in, some people don't want forced setups, forced single car (by class is better), forced assists, forced this/that/the other.

Also, If you get the timing right, most people leave the gt3/monza lobbies at the end of the race and search for new ones, hopefully something a bit different, so you might get ppl join.
Not everybody likes hosting a lobby and being in control, so people might welcome something different, but not necessarily set it up themselves.

Thanks for the tip. Sounds like I need to learn some GT3 at Monza!

I'll keep checking it out. Perhaps setting one up myself is worth a try.

Thanks,
Doug

Boneboys
12-01-2018, 19:55
How many have a rating of 1600 ?

PostBox981
12-01-2018, 20:03
You could increase your steam ping rate to 5000. That should give you a wider choice. I usually get some 150-200 lobbys, including both P2P and dedicated servers.

Grinthock
12-01-2018, 20:17
What kind of dedicated server are you looking for?

Alfisti
12-01-2018, 20:23
Monza... freaking Monza. Relentless.

I do wish there was a filter to remove races you cannot join because a) you don't qualify or b) the race has started already!

dougdude9
12-01-2018, 20:57
Monza... freaking Monza. Relentless.

I do wish there was a filter to remove races you cannot join because a) you don't qualify or b) the race has started already!

Yea, that would be nice. I'm not really interested in races that already started.

As for how many have 1600, I'm not sure. Regardless of wanting to increase my ranking, I find it difficult to find online races.

As far as what kind of dedicated server I'm looking for... I'm not sure I understand the question. Say I'm wanting to race Silverstone with any open wheel... couldn't find one race.

Keena
12-01-2018, 21:28
Yea, that would be nice. I'm not really interested in races that already started.

As for how many have 1600, I'm not sure. Regardless of wanting to increase my ranking, I find it difficult to find online races.

As far as what kind of dedicated server I'm looking for... I'm not sure I understand the question. Say I'm wanting to race Silverstone with any open wheel... couldn't find one race.

Ive just been running a series in the formula rookie at mainly UK tracks which has seemed reasonably popular. Moving to Ginetta Juniors tomorrow so that may not float your boat. Keep an eye out, typically at about 1930 GMT, lobby called New Drivers Welcome or something similar. Everyone very well behaved. Probably return to Knockhill tomorrow.

Herege
12-01-2018, 21:33
That happens to all of us, many times I wast time trying to get in on some race and then I can't join..., again the narrow rules here makes participation at certain times too restrictive, to the point where I abandon the multiplayer mode often. Or I make my own server.

...some car I have never driven on a track I'm not familiar with.

Why not? One of those proposed in having several circuits and fleeing from the monotony of always drive the same, and the same goes with the cars too. Try to get out of your comfort zone and you can have good surprises and even continue on some different tracks or even cars. Try it, it's free.

A few days ago, I have nices races with guys that come from GT1 to... GT5, and they loved, and they had never experienced. It's just that it makes me a little confused not to try other tracks and cars that are included in the game. Helps to open new horizons.

beatrunner
13-01-2018, 14:53
OP is right: there's not many open wheel car lobbies. i've run a few races yesterday and today with the Renault 98T, at Fuji and Le Mans.

To be honest: i don't think we are all ready for the fast open wheel racers out there in open lobbies. believe me: "we" just aren't there yet :-)