PDA

View Full Version : Any possibility to replace livery of cars?

skylinegtr34
13-01-2018, 11:02
hi, i would repleace the skin of original cars, like group C with original livery, like silk cut on jaguar ecc, it's possible??
because i want use this livery in career... thanks!

ecstaticbrick
13-01-2018, 16:30
Check the database to see if anyone has created the skin you want for which cars and if they have select the custom livery in the livery select screen. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?155-Vehicles-Custom-Paints-Download-DB

If they haven't you can ask someone to make it for you or try making it for yourself.

Albertsen
13-01-2018, 22:01
I don't think you can replace anything apart from the custom skins without hacking into the game files, and that's a big nonononono.

skylinegtr34
19-01-2018, 16:34
i don't play the game online at the moment, the haking for me it's not a problem...if possible i repleace the skin foir career, after finish career, restore original files and go online, what is the problem?

Brainbug
19-01-2018, 18:48
Hmmm, imagine an extern little „tool“ for replacing specific car livery by seeing the thumbnail from game.

;)

Albertsen
20-01-2018, 12:40
Weren't the custom Livery tool for PC1 only?

Schumi-
20-01-2018, 15:40
Hmmm, imagine an extern little „tool“ for replacing specific car livery by seeing the thumbnail from game.

;)

What are you trying to say :eek:

satco1066
24-01-2018, 00:32
Crowtrobot, the coder of the PC1 custom livery tool, wrote somewhere in the forum, it would be to much effort to do it currently.
He waits until hopefully SMS decides to open up the system for the well known mods.txt method.

Schumi-
26-01-2018, 19:36
Crowtrobot, the coder of the PC1 custom livery tool, wrote somewhere in the forum, it would be to much effort to do it currently.
He waits until hopefully SMS decides to open up the system for the well known mods.txt method.

Shame that, we have so many talented artists on this forum, and it is a shame to restrict thier livery's to one per class, i know myself, i just cannot decide on which liverey to race with, be nice to see all the custom ,liverys all on track.

Traction
27-01-2018, 14:46
More of a shame that only you can see your own livery.. No, wait I can see my livery on another car......when other drivers choose custom,
What is the point..???

Traction
27-01-2018, 14:49
AGREE Shumi.....It would be great if it worked like rF2 where every driver can have there livery seen by all....makes everything more interesting....

Stocky
27-01-2018, 23:51
This thread should be joined with the mods.txt thread.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56099-Will-Mods-txt-be-a-thing

Tar Heel
01-02-2018, 03:33
More of a shame that only you can see your own livery.. No, wait I can see my livery on another car......when other drivers choose custom,
What is the point..???

It adds immersion if you can set up a grid of cars whether it is offline or online where everyone is running the same series of liveries. For instance I have collected and created an offline grid that simulates the current IMSA setup where all the cars in GTLM (GTE) and GTD (GT3) have the official IMSA number plates. It is a small detail that honestly makes the game a lot more enjoyable. If that doesn't matter to you that is fine, but to many people it does matter and it is something that was available in PC1 and it would be nice to have it available again in PC2.

Franco Ferrari
01-02-2018, 09:00
that was available in PC1 and it would be nice to have it available again in PC2.

I may be wrong but, as far as I remember, it was not possible to do this, at least *officially*, in pCARS1.
There was no "change predefined liveries" option in the game menus.
Any changes made using external tools, modifying game files etc., it's not what I'd call... "available".

PS: the Jaguar already has the Silk Cut livery.