PDA

View Full Version : Balance between AI strength and assists

yannara
13-01-2018, 11:47
Lets talk about AI strenght and realism, because if the AI is too hard for you, it is not fun to drive. If AI is too easy for you... well, it is not fun to drive either, right? The Ideal situation would be, that you place your qualify stand somewhere in TOP-10 and then fight for your position and points, right?

I have been having troubles to adjust AI for my match for ages, in several games, itīs pain in the ### for me. Currently I drive with no assits (only auto gears) and I keep the AI at 50%. I see here and there, that lot of players have MUCH more higher AI. The problem I have now, is that results varies a lot. Last race I now had, I could make only 22/24 in qualify, but during the race I overtook everyone and came first - canīt happen in real world, can it?

About assits, I found out only today that in real life, drivers have assits in their car (from F1 I thought that no one have ABS or TC), but during car selection, I see in discription what assits these cars have. So I assume, that in real life TC and ABS are used in GT3 and GT4? If I turn off assits, how it reflects on AI, do they loose ABS and TC as well as me, or not?

So... I also noticed, that AI 80% or higher brings AI to opportunity to tweak their car setup. Saying that, maybe next time I try enabling assists and put it to 80%.

yannara
13-01-2018, 18:41
I did some testin on Laguna Seca with GT4's AMG car. The track is very familiar to me. I drove at least 3 laps per set, and here are best results;

Assits OFF = 1.29.4xx
ABS ON = 1.27.373
ABS + TC = 1.28.3xx

Then, I kept my ABS on, TC=off, changed the AI level from 50% to 80%, drove qualify with 1st place. Also I could keep my grid during the race fine. Quite amazing result if highing AI so much at the time.

kevin kirk
14-01-2018, 03:48
I have been all over the place trying to set a good AI strength. When i find a setting that is a good challenge for me, its a good 1st part of the race but the moment when we start hitting lapped traffic they allway damage themselfs trying to pass lap cars. Then I proced to just run away with the race from what seems to be them damaging thierself so much they cant keep pace with me anymore. Then that forces me to jack up the AI strenth so they are fast enough to keep pace with thier damaged car. The way the races are for me at the moment from having to do that is the AI taking off and leaving me with a big gap thur the first of the race or first part of a run after a pitstop. Then once they damage them selfs on lap cars, I catch up and try to form a race with me racing a grid of damaged AI cars.

Mad Al
14-01-2018, 10:02
In options -> gameplay, just set assists to authentic. You will then get whatever the real car has... with the option to still turn them off if you don't want them.

yannara
14-01-2018, 13:46
I feel that TC is useless. It slows my acceleration down, but I canīt trust it fully. I still spin the car. Without it, I trust my own skills only and donīt spin it.

ECAR_Tracks
14-01-2018, 14:08
I have been all over the place trying to set a good AI strength. When i find a setting that is a good challenge for me, its a good 1st part of the race but the moment when we start hitting lapped traffic they allway damage themselfs trying to pass lap cars. Then I proced to just run away with the race from what seems to be them damaging thierself so much they cant keep pace with me anymore. Then that forces me to jack up the AI strenth so they are fast enough to keep pace with thier damaged car. The way the races are for me at the moment from having to do that is the AI taking off and leaving me with a big gap thur the first of the race or first part of a run after a pitstop. Then once they damage them selfs on lap cars, I catch up and try to form a race with me racing a grid of damaged AI cars.

This old issue comes from the old GTR series. Good thing was you could manually increase a variable called "aero damage" in TXT car files and you'll be fine. It prevented AI from completely screw their pace after slight contacts. No idea if something similar can be done in PC2.

kevin kirk
14-01-2018, 17:35
This old issue comes from the old GTR series. Good thing was you could manually increase a variable called "aero damage" in TXT car files and you'll be fine. It prevented AI from completely screw their pace after slight contacts. No idea if something similar can be done in PC2.
Being on the xbox i have to rely on them making it better thur patches. I read somewhere on here they have a couple of things they want to work on the AI with patches so maybe they can do something to improve it. For the moment i just have damaged off to keep it a actual race but of course that sucks to have to do that.

Mahjik
14-01-2018, 18:10
I feel that TC is useless. It slows my acceleration down, but I canīt trust it fully. I still spin the car. Without it, I trust my own skills only and donīt spin it.

It depends on how you have it setup. Just enabling "TC" is only one part of it. You have to adjust how TC is applied to the car in the setup.