PDA

View Full Version : [PC] & all plateform ?? License calcultation problem

jehuty59
14-01-2018, 10:57
Hi,

With my team, we made test to understand how the License point was calculate by the game and we found a bug....
The system doesn't use the ranking of the race but the order of the player pass the finish line after the 1st.
For example : On race with 20 racers, if you are last, just wait the first and when it take 1 lap on you, pass the finish line.
For the license system you finish 2nd and you win points..

We made a lot of test and last wednesday we made a 1hour endurance race, and only the 1st and who take 1lap win points...

Sorry for my poor english, but i really hope this bug will be correct ...

FxUK
14-01-2018, 20:34
100% something is wrong here and needs to be fixed.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?59395-License-point-drops&p=1461028&viewfull=1#post1461028

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?59395-License-point-drops&p=1461061&viewfull=1#post1461061

If you lap somebody in a race, expect incorrect point assignments..
Also those purposefully sitting around on the track to ram...well, this works in their favour because they only have to be behind P1 or P2 when the race is ending to earn skill.

I just purposefully tried it again, was about 25th (terrible destruction derby) but because I crossed the finish behind 1st a lap down, I got rewarded with skill points when I should have lost them. Ooooops!

beatrunner
14-01-2018, 22:52
omg...when this is really the case then it makes so many "strange situations" on track and few of the "point surprises" explainable to me. i'm one of the guys lapping other guys (newbies, victims of crashes) quite frequently and saw some guys beeing slow on purpose.

this really needs to be adressed. not only because of the "undermining the idea of a license system" but also because such people are a real danger for the fast guys fighting for position and all....(waiting to be lapped and all that "non racing arcade shitty stuff"). i'm so sure that youtube and all the media will be full of such "suggestions to gain ranking fast shit"...and we - the PC2 lovers - will be the one's to suffer.

so many times we (the leading bunch) just are lucky enough not to getting destroyed by such "license kiddies". but more often it leads to ...u all know: that situation you'd love to....

FxUK
14-01-2018, 23:17
Well, if they were not aware already, I hope SMS see this, check it out, and fix it for Patch 4.

Skill points have even less meaning / integrity now, for me at least.

Keena
15-01-2018, 09:12
So be suspicious of anyone driving really slowly or parked by the start finish line then. Someone needs to develop a blue rotating light mod that I can stick on the roof of my car! I hope this gets urgent attention as it undermines the esports aspect pretty significantly.

jehuty59
15-01-2018, 19:58
We made a lot of test, and we ever note the same result.. It's amazing that's not be test during the dev ...

cpcdem
15-01-2018, 20:08
We made a lot of test, and we ever note the same result.. It's amazing that's not be test during the dev ...

Well, if you think about it, there have been several thousands of people racing PC2 online for a few months now, but only last week we realized that there's such an issue! I don't think we can blame them (devs) for not finding this earlier than any of us did...

rich1e I
15-01-2018, 20:26
Omg, if more people find out about this races are going to be a farce. Even less people will use the license for their lobbies. How should the rank reflect anyone's racecraft at this point?

cpcdem
15-01-2018, 20:53
But this does not affect the safety rank, only the performance rating. And judging from most people's performance "number", a lot of them don't care about it, so I don;t think it will be a big problem (until it is fixed). People can continue using the safety rank limit in their lobbies as usual, nothing changes in that regard.

rich1e I
15-01-2018, 21:00
But this does not affect the safety rank, only the performance rating. And judging from most people's performance "number", a lot of them don't care about it, so I don;t think it will be a big problem (until it is fixed). People can continue using the safety rank limit in their lobbies as usual, nothing changes in that regard.

Yeah I know, only the skill rank. I have the impression that the majority of people care more about their performance rank. You say people can continue using the SR limit. I didn't know people ever started using it :p

cpcdem
15-01-2018, 21:06
Yeah I know, only the skill rank. I have the impression that the majority of people care more about their performance rank. You say people can continue using the SR limit. I didn't know people ever started using it :p

Yeah, at least in PC they do. Not too many yet, but I am optimistic they will increase!

dam09fr
20-01-2018, 20:04
Big thank you jehuty59 for reporting this.
This bug is exploited at this time and can causes massive mess in PCars 2 drivers' ranking !

I'm very worried about one thing : this thread didn't have an official answer from SMS ... Please can you confirm us this bug is fixed in patch 4 ?

poirqc
21-01-2018, 04:00
Big thank you jehuty59 for reporting this.
This bug is exploited at this time and can causes massive mess in PCars 2 drivers' ranking !

I'm very worried about one thing : this thread didn't have an official answer from SMS ... Please can you confirm us this bug is fixed in patch 4 ?

Since it could be used as an exploit, i guess they might want to not confirm so that trouble makers try it while being sure it's disruptive.