PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye from LFO Club

fresquito
14-01-2018, 18:28
We started our activity with Project CARS before the first game released. We've endured a ton of hurdles, came up with imaginative solutions to all the problems and shortcomings we found. We enjoyed ourselves, despite everything. We worked hard to up the level for Project CARS 2, thinking it would be an ideal platform to grow. It was the natural step up and we were hopeful that this time it would be different. Sadly, five months in, we have to face reality. We started today our GT3 Series and were met with a ton of connection problems, using a DS. Through our effort, we were able to convince 29 people to race, two more to make a broadcast. But we couldn't. Kicked out of the server several times, sync problems, people dropping dead during the race... Enough is enough. This is the end of our journey along the Project CARS brand. Through these years, we have spent thousands of hours to make everything work, but in the end, there's just so much one can do when the game can't hold itself. We can't spend more time giving our face for a game like this. We have to say sorry to every racer that joins our activities when things go wrong. They understand it's not our fault, but we still feel responsible for encouraging them to spend hours training for a race that, like today, will not happen in the end.

We will wait no more for promised fixes for a game that, in words of the CEO, is not broken. Allow me to disagree. Your game is very broken. You can't do something the game is supposed to do: play online championships without major issues like the ones we have had to face. It's not an isolated case, either; you already know. Let me add that I wanted this game to work, and I have mad respect for the dev team and I'm not ignoring this is not a fairytale and there're development realities at work here and despite them, when the game works, there's nothing like it. It's just that you can't make anything serious with it because it's too unstable. And since we take our job very seriously, this is not a game for our community anymore.

Farewell.

MISTER WU
14-01-2018, 19:21
We started our activity with Project CARS before the first game released. We've endured a ton of hurdles, came up with imaginative solutions to all the problems and shortcomings we found. We enjoyed ourselves, despite everything. We worked hard to up the level for Project CARS 2, thinking it would be an ideal platform to grow. It was the natural step up and we were hopeful that this time it would be different. Sadly, five months in, we have to face reality. We started today our GT3 Series and were met with a ton of connection problems, using a DS. Through our effort, we were able to convince 29 people to race, two more to make a broadcast. But we couldn't. Kicked out of the server several times, sync problems, people dropping dead during the race... Enough is enough. This is the end of our journey along the Project CARS brand. Through these years, we have spent thousands of hours to make everything work, but in the end, there's just so much one can do when the game can't hold itself. We can't spend more time giving our face for a game like this. We have to say sorry to every racer that joins our activities when things go wrong. They understand it's not our fault, but we still feel responsible for encouraging them to spend hours training for a race that, like today, will not happen in the end.

We will wait no more for promised fixes for a game that, in words of the CEO, is not broken. Allow me to disagree. Your game is very broken. You can't do something the game is supposed to do: play online championships without major issues like the ones we have had to face. It's not an isolated case, either; you already know. Let me add that I wanted this game to work, and I have mad respect for the dev team and I'm not ignoring this is not a fairytale and there're development realities at work here and despite them, when the game works, there's nothing like it. It's just that you can't make anything serious with it because it's too unstable. And since we take our job very seriously, this is not a game for our community anymore.

Farewell.

Very well said and i think you will find alot of people feel the exact same way. We were promised issued that arose in pcars1 to be fixed in pcars2 but they simply just carried over to the next game.
Another issue is waiting too long for patches, last time it was every month to the day basically and now we are left wondering if at all when the next will come.

All i know is i ended up spending 30 bucks on DLC for RRE the other day so i could play a game that doesnt keep changing my fuel, my setups work the same as they do in quals and racing, and i can cope with the penalty system.

I too have stopped defending this game and like you said, when it works its fun but go read the steam forums and see many spending hours and hours just trying to get the basics to work (Thats also another issue with no General forum and people wont post here for fear of being banned and or their thread deleted, this is TRUE moderators so dont deny it, please)!.

Anyway, im sure this will be deleted or we might be both banned so good luck in your next venture mate.

Morgenmuffel
14-01-2018, 19:25
Sadly in my mind i hear the CEO say with a devil smile in his face:
you are wrong,
cant use the server,
you must be too dumb to play the game,
you must have a bad hardware,
you must have a bad ínternetconnection,
you must be a bad bad haterboy and any forumsmod will shortly ban you

..But bro..You are so right!

the third one?

V3nom
14-01-2018, 19:30
Who the Ferrari got banned for reporting his love or hate towards this game in a decent manner?

jimortality
14-01-2018, 19:33
I think it's nicely polite worded op and a little sad that they are having to give up.

Stewy32
14-01-2018, 19:36
Politely put and it is sad to hear the decision the LFO Club made.

Konan
14-01-2018, 19:40
If there are more posts like #2 and #3 than yes...this thread will be closed...
The OP shared his frustration in a civilised manner indeed...the two following posts were just rants...you have been warned...

SlowBloke
14-01-2018, 20:37
What I think would really be helpful is if you took a top 5 / top 10 (hell top 50 if its as broken as you suggest) issues that are the major contributions to the decision - that to me at least shows that you have "mad respect for the dev team".

MISTER WU
14-01-2018, 20:59
If there are more posts like #2 and #3 than yes...this thread will be closed...
The OP shared his frustration in a civilised manner indeed...the two following posts were just rants...you have been warned...

And i shared mine Konan (I understand the next post is a rant), so where in my post does show me ranting?
See its responses like this from Mods that is exactly what im talking about.

I too shared my frustration and that of others who have tried to post theirs but have been either banned or their posts deleted and for those asking who has been? go tot he steam forums and see for your self.

Sorry to say fellas but you cannot simply ban or delete your way out of peoples frustrations because we ALL want this game to be 100% solid as it can be, we ALL want this game to go that extra mile and in some respects it does that but its them small niggly issues that keep arising that people like OP have to cut their losses and then leave.

Instead of disabling this thread why cant we not talk it out, atleast acknowledge they exist and try and get the OP and his mates back to the game, come one lets be fair here, its been what nearly 6 months already.

Gloomy
14-01-2018, 21:00
What I think would really be helpful is if you took a top 5 / top 10 (hell top 50 if its as broken as you suggest) issues that are the major contributions to the decision - that to me at least shows that you have "mad respect for the dev team".

Sounds like connection and sync issues were the main issues from the op. This could put a hamper on any league setting.

I don't really do online racing anymore so it's a non issue for me. But I used to do some league racing, so I know how frustrating that can be.

V3nom
14-01-2018, 21:06
And i shared mine Konan (I understand the next post is a rant), so where in my post does show me ranting?

"Anyway, im sure this will be deleted or we might be both banned so good luck in your next venture mate."

Not a rant but to me this is bs and not welcome or encouraging when trying to make a statement about the given topic.
It makes ones opinion pretty hard to take serious.