PDA

View Full Version : Aston at Le Mans?

SteffenStork
16-01-2018, 18:05
Hi there.

Could somebody help me with a tune/setup for The Aston Martin GTE. 24 hours endurance race at le Mans.

Thanks!

blinkngone
16-01-2018, 20:59
Hi there.

Could somebody help me with a tune/setup for The Aston Martin GTE. 24 hours endurance race at le Mans.

Thanks!

Hi SteffenStork, it says your Platform is PC. If this is correct you can go to Time Trial and share a Ghost/Tune. Of course you will have to make changes starting with Brake Ducts and Radiator opening to use the setup in a 24 hour race.

Nyreen
16-01-2018, 22:27
Guidelines for a Le Mans setup : high and loose suspensions. ~0:3 aero. Long gears to save fuel (short-shift if needed). Not too much camber. Not too low tire pressure either. Long straights, so no need to open up the ducts and radiator too much.

With enough practice, you can get 1H out of a tank of fuel. You decide if you change tires every stint or not, it takes 12 seconds. Will you save those 12 seconds with fresh rubber, or will you make mistakes and risk of crashing the car if not ?

SteffenStork
17-01-2018, 05:29
Hi SteffenStork, it says your Platform is PC. If this is correct you can go to Time Trial and share a Ghost/Tune. Of course you will have to make changes starting with Brake Ducts and Radiator opening to use the setup in a 24 hour race.

Hey there.

I'm new to this forum, and I did not know that you should specify whether you were a pc or console user.

It's correct now I'm using ps4 pro. Sorry. All the tips on ps4 and screen / graphics are also welcome.

But I'm looking for a setup for ps4.

We need to run 10 teams of 3 drivers each. for 24 hours.

SteffenStork
17-01-2018, 05:32
Hey there.

Thanks for the tips.

Is there not a basic set up that you can adjust to the Aston gte.?

There are really many parameters for a beginner like me. : D

blinkngone
17-01-2018, 10:27
Hey there.

Thanks for the tips.

Is there not a basic set up that you can adjust to the Aston gte.?

There are really many parameters for a beginner like me. : D

Hi Steffen, attached is a link to the setup. In the future if you would like a setup just find the Post "Setup requests for consoles(pictures) post patch 3.0". Post your request in there. For graphics setting tips go to your platform forum.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58129-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-3-0&p=1463055&viewfull=1#post1463055

SteffenStork
17-01-2018, 17:42
Ahhh. Great! Thanks.

Now i should be able to beat my friends!

But this setup is only for time attack, right?

If we use this setup as a base level, how should i change it up a bit, to do endurance? I guess that i need to save fuel and tires?

Nyreen
17-01-2018, 20:06
You won't beat anyone with the Aston *cough cough* I drove the Corvette to the 3:51 in Time Attack *cough cough*

But it required some tuning to do endurance racing. Mostly because I was only able to run 57 minutes with a full tank of fuel, which means I'm f** up on a 2H race. You need to short shift the car (and rely on torque more than usual), and use the longest 6th gear available by tweaking the final ratio to the maximum.

Also, you can add one or two clicks of aero to improve stability and not f* up your race or the tires in the long run.

SteffenStork
17-01-2018, 20:22
The Corvette, you say?

We have free picks between the GTE cars. An right now it looks like we have one Aston, one Ferrari and the rest ford.

The ford seems to be really easy and fast around the track without anything done to the setup.
Some of the guys are running 4:10 in practice.
My Aston is nowhere near that yet.

blinkngone
17-01-2018, 20:23
Ahhh. Great! Thanks.

Now i should be able to beat my friends!

But this setup is only for time attack, right?

If we use this setup as a base level, how should i change it up a bit, to do endurance? I guess that i need to save fuel and tires?

Hi Steffen, yes the setup is for time attack(TT). In your setup the brake ducts are open slightly so they might be ok(see Nyreen's post http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60211-Aston-at-Le-Mans&p=1462926&viewfull=1#post1462926).Same for the radiator. You use "we" in your post so I am assuming it is a group of you setting up a Le Mans race. You will have to practice to see what works best for you, As Nyreen mentions in his post you will have to come up with pit strategies for fuel and tires.

There is also an option you will find in the ECU section that changes the map to reduce fuel consumption. If there are several of you each can try a different map for example you try 0.95 and another tries 0.90 and someone else 1.00 to if there is a potential positive impact on fuel consumption without severely impacting lap times.

blinkngone
17-01-2018, 20:33
The Corvette, you say?

We have free picks between the GTE cars. An right now it looks like we have one Aston, one Ferrari and the rest ford.

The ford seems to be really easy and fast around the track without anything done to the setup.
Some of the guys are running 4:10 in practice.
My Aston is nowhere near that yet.

Sorry Steffen but unless you are a much better driver than your friends you might have a big problem.
The same person whose tune I gave you, Rinpoku-pc, for the AM also has the WR's for the C7.R, Ferrari 488 GTE and the Ford GT.

C7.R 3:51.500!! Lapin's in 2nd at 3:51.739 and he is an Alien which is why he is coughing at the AM GTE, not a chance.
488 GTE 3:53.396
Ford GT 3:53.034

Nyreen
17-01-2018, 20:36
I was looking for an ECU tune but didn't use it because it made sense, to me, only if you could bind it to the wheel instead of using the ICM. So you can enable the lean mix for the corners (esses, Arnage and Maison Blanche) then switch back to full power on the straights (while still short shifting).

If you're thinking about the Vette, I can post my Le Mans set up that I used for my 2H Le Mans race here. I was running consistent 3:57 and 3:56 with fresh rubber (with a full tank of fuel, short shifting, and using long gear ratios).

Edit : yeah, Rinpoku beated my laptime on the Vette some days ago, we had a little battle between each other, he's trying hard to keep the WR on Le Mans. But since I'm not running this track anymore, and TTing it is wayyy too long and exhausting (especially to improve at least 0.3, not worth it), I let him this one.

blinkngone
17-01-2018, 20:47
I was looking for an ECU tune but didn't use it because it made sense, to me, only if you could bind it to the wheel instead of using the ICM. So you can enable the lean mix for the corners (esses, Arnage and Maison Blanche) then switch back to full power on the straights (while still short shifting).

If you're thinking about the Vette, I can post my Le Mans set up that I used for my 2H Le Mans race here. I was running consistent 3:57 and 3:56 with fresh rubber (with a full tank of fuel, short shifting, and using long gear ratios).

Edit : yeah, Rinpoku beated my laptime on the Vette some days ago, we had a little battle between each other, he's trying hard to keep the WR on Le Mans. But since I'm not running this track anymore, and TTing it is wayyy too long and exhausting (especially to improve at least 0.3, not worth it), I let him this one.

Hi Nyreen, thank you very much. If you have the time go ahead and post your race setup, even if Steffen doesn't use it someone else could find it useful.

SteffenStork
17-01-2018, 20:47
Nyreen, please do.

I've hopefully have some time for testing tomorrow, so I will give the corvette a try.

And thanks for the help, to you all. Now I've have something to work with.

And yes, each team consist of three drivers. 9 or 10 teams confirmed so far. We gonna do the full 24 hours one week before the real Le Mans. Alle the teams at the same place, and pretty much the same seat configuration.

Nyreen
17-01-2018, 21:11
* -1 for french. It says hard tires by the way
*closed radiators because mechanical damages were disabled.
*damn those tire pressures were weird af. And worked damn right.
*didn't touch the diff, but you can if you want
*car is very loose, that's expected with so little aero
*credits : suspension work is Rinpoku's one
*you should shift when the first shift light comes on, try to do a one hour stint with that

https://i.imgur.com/kFxNbFt.png
https://i.imgur.com/3SqNuoM.png
https://i.imgur.com/OcXIExV.png
https://i.imgur.com/bXITTVO.png

blinkngone
17-01-2018, 21:16
Nyreen, please do.

I've hopefully have some time for testing tomorrow, so I will give the corvette a try.

And thanks for the help, to you all. Now I've have something to work with.

And yes, each team consist of three drivers. 9 or 10 teams confirmed so far. We gonna do the full 24 hours one week before the real Le Mans. Alle the teams at the same place, and pretty much the same seat configuration.

Hi Steffen, in the future, please consider using the WMD portal for the TT times on the PC platform. By searching the tracks and cars you can get a good idea what cars are performing better at which tracks which will help you make a more advantageous choice.
http://cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=1740968730&vehicle=1401532035

SteffenStork
22-01-2018, 10:47
Hello again.

I had time to test a little over the weekend.

The Aston is driving much better with Blinkngone's setup, personal best time for me is now 4:06 on soft slicks. Maybe I can pick up a few more seconds. I only have 10 hours under the belt on project cars 2.

I will test a little petrol economy the next couple of times + soft slicks vs. hard slicks.

As it seems now, a set of soft slicks is done after 15 laps and then I will change each time i fill up.

Maybe hard slicks are better? Please come with inputs.

Regards.

blinkngone
22-01-2018, 12:06
Hello again.

I had time to test a little over the weekend.

The Aston is driving much better with Blinkngone's setup, personal best time for me is now 4:06 on soft slicks. Maybe I can pick up a few more seconds. I only have 10 hours under the belt on project cars 2.

I will test a little petrol economy the next couple of times + soft slicks vs. hard slicks.

As it seems now, a set of soft slicks is done after 15 laps and then I will change each time i fill up.

Maybe hard slicks are better? Please come with inputs.

Regards.

Hi Steffen, I have checked the top times and even in Time Trial I haven't found soft slicks being used. Have you tried the C7.R yet?

rich1e I
22-01-2018, 12:22
3:51s are pretty fast times, but 0/3 aero on La Sarthe? I'd just add 1 rear wing just for the Porsche Curves.

blinkngone
22-01-2018, 13:01
3:51s are pretty fast times, but 0/3 aero on La Sarthe? I'd just add 1 rear wing just for the Porsche Curves.

Hi rich1e I, there are only 2 3:51 times posted, both C7's. More of the rest of the times are high 3:58's low 4:03's . Not a lot of times posted for the Le mans track, not as popular this time around(PC1 had 156 times posted for the AM GTE compared to 25 for PC2). The Aero is common on PC, 0 front 3 rear, at least for the top times I checked.

rich1e I
22-01-2018, 13:32
Hi rich1e I, there are only 2 3:51 times posted, both C7's. More of the rest of the times are high 3:58's low 4:03's . Not a lot of times posted for the Le mans track, not as popular this time around(PC1 had 156 times posted for the AM GTE compared to 25 for PC2). The Aero is common on PC, 0 front 3 rear, at least for the top times I checked.

My guess is that in TT with closed radiator and brake ducts people can compensate the loss of top speed with 0/3 aero. You only have the last sector with mid/high speed corners, in race conditions 0/1 aero is enough in my view. On Daytona where you don't have any high speed corners (maybe the little kink after T2) you can run 0/0 aero.
I used to pick the Aston some time ago and it actually became my favorite GTE. I actually like all GTEs except the Ferrari, it seems it's just not 'my car', neither in GTE nor in GT3 class.

SteffenStork
22-01-2018, 14:07
I have not tried the Corvette yet, we will try an see if we can make some decent times with the Aston first. Even though its not as fast as the Corvette.

I will also try an make a pass with hard slicks. soft slicks just felt like a little more grippy.

rich1e I
22-01-2018, 14:16
I have not tried the Corvette yet, we will try an see if we can make some decent times with the Aston first. Even though its not as fast as the Corvette.

I will also try an make a pass with hard slicks. soft slicks just felt like a little more grippy.

You should always go for hard slicks. Soft tyres are good for a few laps, so you can run them in qualifying or on tracks below 15 or 20C (track temperature, not ambient temperature) as hard tyres struggle to get some heat. The Aston is definitely on par with the Corvette in terms of top speed at least. Don't know about acceleration though.

Nyreen
23-01-2018, 11:46
0/0 on the Corvette ? It's already a soap box on 2/7 :rolleyes: I never ran Daytona, but I think the car will struggle for aerodynamic grip on first corner (steering + braking) and the bus stop chicane. You carry really high speed with transitions !

rich1e I
23-01-2018, 13:18
0/0 on the Corvette ? It's already a soap box on 2/7 :rolleyes: I never ran Daytona, but I think the car will struggle for aerodynamic grip on first corner (steering + braking) and the bus stop chicane. You carry really high speed with transitions !

You can brake into the first corner in an almost straight line with minimal steering (https://twitter.com/Scuderia_Corsa/status/955787879707561984), the bus stop is perhaps a mid-speed corner. Maybe you could be quicker through the bus stop with 1 or 2 aero but I think it's not worth it considering the loss of top speed for the entire oval section. I was practicing mainly with the Ford on Daytona, I'll try the Corvette today with 0/0 aero but I think it should be fine.