PDA

View Full Version : Online racing incentive

mink
19-01-2018, 10:56
Is there any real incentive for racing online, or people just come and go through lobby match making? Don't get me wrong, it's fun to race with other people around the world..... but are there are no points to accumulate and is there any type of progression system?

Are the online championships only restricted to people on your friends list?

CoproManiac
19-01-2018, 11:24
Safety rating + Skill points. In a nutshell: Earn safety rating by racing clean against others online, earn skill points by winning races/finishing high.

You need to get invited for Online Championships or you need to invite people yourself. Can't join random championships.

mink
19-01-2018, 15:59
Ah ok, thanks, I don't know too many friends playing online so I'm never invited. I thought maybe I can view championships online and join the one I like. It's more interactive than safety rating and skill points, over time people won't care too much about these points.

CoproManiac
19-01-2018, 16:09
Nope, can't join random championships. Instead, you can check out one of these leagues tho http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60078-PCARS-2-League-Directory-*Will-Update*
Or make some more friends and see if they're interested in doing an online championship.
Check out Episode #7 for an in-depth explanation about Online Championships http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55787-THE-INSIDER-S-GUIDE-Weekly-In-game-Guide-by-Yorkie065&p=1401732&viewfull=1#post1401732

mink
19-01-2018, 16:35
Thanks for the info, thumbs up

Rodders
19-01-2018, 16:40
MP racing for me simply has meaning that AI races don't. I'm not in it for any feeling of progression and TBH I hate the driver rating system (safety rating is great though) and would switch it off if I could. MP racing just gives me a buzz that single player can never match. If I can't find a MP race or don't have a race to practice for I simply don't play the game.

davidt33
19-01-2018, 16:51
Best bet is to join a decent online private lobby....or two if you wish. They would have generally already built up a core group of friends/racers and meet on scheduled day/s for racing. The advantages are you would establish familiarity with a group of fellow racers, build comraderie, participate in some good racing...generally clean and be assured of a suitable amount of racers in the lobby during consistent scheduled dates.
They would usually have ratings on so you can improve your ratings according to your skill/results depending.

Herege
19-01-2018, 16:54
I only play games (all) that I can play online, because I like the people interaction, mistakes and the unpredictability of playing with people, up to a certain point. When a game can not satisfy me online, its days are numbered. I usually give time to time, but then it's over. This game specifically is not what most appeals to me to play online until this moment, but, I hope to change my opinion after the next patch, for that I still give the benefit of the doubt. But clearly it has very interesting moments when you really have interesting people, that above all play for the pleasure of playing and respect, and the rest is the least important in the middle of it all.

beatrunner
19-01-2018, 23:09
Don't get me wrong, it's fun to race with other people around the world..... but are there are no points to accumulate and is there any type of progression system?

this self made chart show's you how wrong you are about "there's nothing to accumulate" in online racing. you just need to join the "ranked" races and you have "lots of" possibility to gain skill(rating)points: