PDA

View Full Version : Understeer in slow corners

Alfisti
19-01-2018, 19:07
Looking to improve my speed mid corner on regulation slow/medium turns. So for example, at chicanes i an get the car to switch left/right Ok but say T3 at Ring GP I am horribly slow.

I have set my Coast LSD to 90, I understand this is as "loose" as it gets but is there anything I can do to free the car uop mid corner without making it twitchy on longer ones?

blinkngone
19-01-2018, 21:16
Looking to improve my speed mid corner on regulation slow/medium turns. So for example, at chicanes i an get the car to switch left/right Ok but say T3 at Ring GP I am horribly slow.

I have set my Coast LSD to 90, I understand this is as "loose" as it gets but is there anything I can do to free the car uop mid corner without making it twitchy on longer ones?
Hi Alfisti, happy to see you still are trying, and making progress too. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?59707-I-need-a-lot-of-help-unplayable-for-me-right-now

I don't know about your 90(off) Coast ramp theory. We have a really good gamepad driver on PC(Rinpoku-pc) and he doesn't use that. Here is his LSD for the BMW M6 GT3 at Red Bull Ring GP for example.
Also, see his Power Ramp at 55, if you want LOOSE lower this number. If you can post your LSD settings.

blinkngone
19-01-2018, 21:27
Hi Alfisti, this is his Audi, it uses the Clutch LSD but it was setup by Jussi just for this GT3. If you want to try 90 on the Coast then you also want to go 90 on the Power and then you need higher preload for stability as well. If you insist on the 90 Coast then try increasing your preload.

i-darxide
21-01-2018, 19:42
So on a clutched lsd the higher the coast the higher preload should be used?

blinkngone
21-01-2018, 21:52
So on a clutched lsd the higher the coast the higher preload should be used?

Hi I-darxide, alfisti has his at 90(which is off), if you want Coast off then you could probably use more pre-load. It will depend on what car you are running. The example I used you will find as the Default Stable setup for the Audi R8 LMS. It is unusual to run Coast off in the GT3's. I have seen it on lower HP cars though.
Usually I find the "90" ramps in Combination LSD's(Geared and Clutch) such as this Mustang Stable.
And, this Ginetta Junior Stable.

So, I can't make the assumption you asked for because I don't know if and how much preload to add by reducing(higher number) the Coast ramp, sorry. You will have to try for yourself.

Link to the LSD Sticky.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52783-Magic-inside!-Need-Help-With-Differentials