PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] G29 and project cars 2

alexnos
20-01-2018, 01:49
my G29 isnt in the list of controls in my Project cars 2. i have a PS4 pro and have tried everything from re-booting my system with G29 connected to made sure that my G29 is set to PS4. even changed the USB ports. any idea ?
thanks

Porsch917
20-01-2018, 05:26
Hi,
Is there power going into the wheel ?(Green light on wheel should be solid).Does your wheel do the calibration setup spin when you first turn on your PS4, also is it the switch on top of wheel set on PS4

Vic Flange
20-01-2018, 07:31
Turn off your PS4 and then use the PS4 button on the wheel to start the PS4 (DON’T turn on the DualShock controller yet). Get PC2 started then you should see the wheel as an available controller option. Turn on your DS4 after you have calibrated and setup the wheel.

hkraft300
20-01-2018, 11:52
Turn off your PS4 and then use the PS4 button on the wheel to start the PS4 (DON’T turn on the DualShock controller yet). Get PC2 started then you should see the wheel as an available controller option. Turn on your DS4 after you have calibrated and setup the wheel.

I'll have to add that the ps4 (basic) doesn't turn on with the buttons on g29. Anyway, once powered on, let it do it's spinny thing, then press the PS button on the wheel and use the buttons on the wheel to select and start the game.

Does the pro need the g29 firmware to be updated?

Vic Flange
21-01-2018, 06:50
I'll have to add that the ps4 (basic) doesn't turn on with the buttons on g29. Anyway, once powered on, let it do it's spinny thing, then press the PS button on the wheel and use the buttons on the wheel to select and start the game.

I only tried the wheel once on my PS4 Pro and had the same issue as the OP. I’m sure I sorted it by starting the PS4 with the wheel. Hmmm, maybe I am mistaken.
Anyway, the crux of the matter is that you need to make the wheel the primary controller before starting PCars2. :)

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
21-01-2018, 09:39
People keep saying you need to connect the wheel before turning on the ps4, I've never done this I always start up the game 1st and when the game is loading I'll connect USB then switch the power on when the game screen says press x to start engine then after wheel calibrates to game then press ps button to comfirm who is using wheel then it will return to where it says press x to start engine use the x button on the wheel and it ready, never had a problem and my wheel always feels spot on

alexnos
21-01-2018, 17:49

IT WORKED ... CHEERS GUYS

NateDawg
22-01-2018, 03:28
People keep saying you need to connect the wheel before turning on the ps4, I've never done this I always start up the game 1st and when the game is loading I'll connect USB then switch the power on when the game screen says press x to start engine then after wheel calibrates to game then press ps button to comfirm who is using wheel then it will return to where it says press x to start engine use the x button on the wheel and it ready, never had a problem and my wheel always feels spot on

The key I think is you have to hit the PS button on the wheel and sign in with it. It doesn't matter what order you do anything else, if you're not signed in to the wheel it won't appear.