PDA

View Full Version : Help! Mclaren 650s GT3 Monza, very slow.

Bultaco85
20-01-2018, 17:01
Hi people,

Ive seen some mates doing 1.46s laps at Monza w/ the Mclaren. Im killing myself to put up 51s, i understand that some people are very fast, but sometimes 6 seconds faster isnt real...and im not a noob.

Somehow car understeers a lot midturn and in the chicanes, ive tried everything to solve it but its been impossible.

Also, AI eats me alive on the straights even if i go with no aero.

Does anyone have a clue on whats going on?

Thanks!

AbeWoz
20-01-2018, 17:25
close brake ducts and radiator.

what are your tire pressures after 4-5 laps?

try softer ARBs as well.

Bultaco85
20-01-2018, 17:29
Hello,

If i close the ducts and radiator, i think i wont be able to do more than 3 laps.

My pressures are 26 psi in the 4 tires and the ARBs are not very hard also.
What bugs me is the range in dampers between soft and hard, way too broad.

blinkngone
20-01-2018, 17:46
Hi people,

Ive seen some mates doing 1.46s laps at Monza w/ the Mclaren. Im killing myself to put up 51s, i understand that some people are very fast, but sometimes 6 seconds faster isnt real...and im not a noob.

Somehow car understeers a lot midturn and in the chicanes, ive tried everything to solve it but its been impossible.

Thanks!

Hi Bultaco85, I have attacked a screenshot of the duct openings from a TT run made by Rinpoku-pc, as suggested by AbeWoz, they aren't closed but are reduced. Aero is reduced but not eliminated. Also, here is his LSD setup as well where he changed the Power ramp angle from Default 45 to 65. All the top 3 times are running ramp angles of 60 to 70. Also, since the Patch 3.0 you can reduce the camber somewhat, it depends on where you are, I have seen 1:46 setups running front camber at -2.0 and rear at -1.7.
The run is 1:46.381 FYI.

AbeWoz
20-01-2018, 19:21
Hello,

If i close the ducts and radiator, i think i wont be able to do more than 3 laps.

My pressures are 26 psi in the 4 tires and the ARBs are not very hard also.
What bugs me is the range in dampers between soft and hard, way too broad.

I never said close all the way, just close them to keep heat in your brakes and engine cool. Monza has long straights so you dont need your radiator or brake ducts fully open.

Bultaco85
20-01-2018, 21:24
Gonna check it thank you!

hkraft300
21-01-2018, 09:15

McLaren at Monza?
You haven't tried everything.

Also don't compare TT records with race lap times. TT records are set with 0 damage, 0% ducts, 1L fuel etc.

Bultaco85
21-01-2018, 09:22
Yes, i've tried everything within setup possibilities, 6 seconds is too much even if they are on time trial, with they are.

Is've sent a twitt to one of the guys and he says that i have to use hard tires, that soft are bugged...very strange stuff.

Gysepy
21-01-2018, 09:29
Hi people,

Thanks!

If you are understeering mid corner try to soften front arb and stiffen the rear together.

hkraft300
21-01-2018, 09:35
Yes, i've tried everything within setup possibilities, 6 seconds is too much even if they are on time trial, with they are.

Is've sent a twitt to one of the guys and he says that i have to use hard tires, that soft are bugged...very strange stuff.

If you haven't tried hard tires, you haven't tried everything.

Soft tires aren't bugged, they just don't work at high temperature.

blinkngone
21-01-2018, 10:00
If you haven't tried hard tires, you haven't tried everything.

Soft tires aren't bugged, they just don't work at high temperature.

Bulttaco85, listen, I can't find anyone running softs at Monza.
Old Patch
Patch 3.0

Bultaco85
27-01-2018, 17:00
So is it correct, that softs are bugged? cause man, its so strange, the car udersteers so much... i have use Jussys calculator, i have an oversteer setup, and specially in race it understeers in lesmos and the last chicane is terrible.

sbart_uk
27-01-2018, 18:13
The McLaren took a huge hit in the last patch. It went from being fast to stupidly slow i used to do low 46's easy then after the patch 48 was a struggle

and softs are totally useless unless its stupidly cold. like 30f or below.

blinkngone
27-01-2018, 21:07
So is it correct, that softs are bugged? cause man, its so strange, the car udersteers so much... i have use Jussys calculator, i have an oversteer setup, and specially in race it understeers in lesmos and the last chicane is terrible.
Hi Bultaco85, here is a link to setup for you try. remember HARD tires. Also, if you think it is still understeering too much you can decrease the Power Ramp angle and or increase the Front Slow bump.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58129-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-3-0&p=1467690&viewfull=1#post1467690

hkraft300
27-01-2018, 21:32
... i have use Jussys calculator, i have an oversteer setup, and specially in race it understeers in lesmos and the last chicane is terrible.

175 front 245 rear springs is minimum front, Max rear adjustment range but that is still 18% stiffer front according to Jussi's calculator. So not sure what you mean by oversteer setup.

You'll just have to trail brake heavily and be aggressive on the throttle to hustle the car. It's not hugely fast (consistent 1:50 race pace) but it's idiot proof.