PDA

View Full Version : Request FFB on shift change.

nabezokodaikon
22-01-2018, 09:30
I experienced a shift change FFB with RACEROOM.
I felt it was very good.
I request for PROJECT CARS 2 to also implement shift change FFB.

Cristi
22-01-2018, 10:19
My opinion is that FFB is there to tell you what the front wheels are doing. So if you won't be able to feel a gear change in a real car, you shouldn't be able to feel it in game either. What's more, it sounds like a canned effect. No one likes those.

Ciccina2016
22-01-2018, 10:26
My opinion is that FFB is there to tell you what the front wheels are doing.

Are you sure you are talking about pc2?

Cristi
22-01-2018, 10:28
Are you sure you are talking about pc2?

Yes. What is the FFB for then?

Zaskarspants
22-01-2018, 10:41

I think s/he ( ciccina2016) is trying to be funny, check posting history for more great lines and you will see what I mean.

Ciccina2016
22-01-2018, 10:42

there are plenty of posts from players complaning about lack of details on the wheel especially when breaking or when turning .

Zaskarspants
22-01-2018, 10:52
there are plenty of posts from players complaning about lack of details on the wheel especially when breaking or when turning .

You appear to constantly spread misinformation and perpetuate untruths and exaggerations and derail threads by referring to those untruths and exaggerations, over and over again.

It is disrespectful to other posters.

Zaskarspants
22-01-2018, 10:54
FFB on shift change.

In many circumstances I can feel the gear change through the ffb as the car moves slightly. It can be subtle / absent or strong depending on many factors.

Ciccina2016
22-01-2018, 11:04
You appear to constantly spread misinformation and perpetuate untruths and exaggerations and derail threads by referring to those untruths and exaggerations, over and over again.

It is disrespectful to other posters.

I disagree, I am expressing my opinion without insulting anyone.
I commented on the technical question regarding the FFB. THis is you who are "derailing" the conversation.

Cristi
22-01-2018, 11:07
I disagree, I am expressing my opinion without insulting anyone.
I commented on the technical question regarding the FFB. THis is you who are "derailing" the conversation.

Regardless of what other players are reporting or not reporting, FFB is supposed to represent what the front wheels are feeling. You can argue all you want about how good or bad PC2 is at delivering that feeling, but that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. In other words, your opinion, as insult-free as you think it may be, is not on topic.

Ciccina2016
22-01-2018, 11:12
Regardless of what other players are reporting or not reporting, FFB is supposed to represent what the front wheels are feeling. You can argue all you want about how good or bad PC2 is at delivering that feeling, but that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. In other words, your opinion, as insult-free as you think it may be, is not on topic.

I am really sorry if I have upset anyone of the community commenting on the FFB of PC2 .
I am truly am.

Madhun67
22-01-2018, 11:12
i wonder of the OP is really meaning "movement" or visual cues ,when weight transfer occurs during shifts ?

nabezokodaikon
22-01-2018, 11:20
I see.

The idea differs among people depending on how FFB should be.
In fact, I know that some FFB evaluations are high in games that do not have FFB on shift change (assetto corsa etc.).

I would like to request again that we would like to implement FFB on shift change to customize FFB.

Gloomy
22-01-2018, 11:36
If you use transducers and simvibe you can get that effect.
Gear Shift – Simulates the vibrations caused by gear engagement throughout the vehicle. • Gear Grinding – Provides grinding sensation for missed gear shifts.

I personally wouldn't want to feel these effects through the wheel. But that's just me, if they added something like that I wouldn't complain though.

MisterBronze
22-01-2018, 12:30
Options for personal preference are great. Although canned ffb vs not canned is probably a topic in itself.

For me though, I pretty quickly turned off the Gear Shift FFB in RaceRoom. There was plenty going on with the wheel as it was :)

skoader
22-01-2018, 12:34
There is a shift effect in the ffb, but it's pretty light in most cars. Using auto clutch also significantly reduces it.

Turning up FX will help, but bringing it out any further than that will require tweaking the effect in a custom ffb file.

nabezokodaikon
22-01-2018, 13:14
There is a shift effect in the ffb, but it's pretty light in most cars. Using auto clutch also significantly reduces it.

Turning up FX will help, but bringing it out any further than that will require tweaking the effect in a custom ffb file.

I changed the setting of FX, but I could not feel anything.

I would like to do it if possible by setting esoteric ffb_custom_settings.txt.
...Do you know instructions document of ffb_custom_settings.txt?