PDA

View Full Version : getting alot of disconnections in MP

thomasjohansen
22-01-2018, 19:39
is there a log where to see why I get disconnected from mp games?

I have a 130mbit/40mbit so its proberly not the internet speed.
and I have A1494 rating.

It has happended alot last two days

Visceral_Syn
22-01-2018, 19:47
Bandwidth capacity has 0 effect on connectivity. If you are on cable, and there is a noise problem on your segment, your internet connection could be going up and down a bajillion of times.

FxUK
22-01-2018, 20:12
Wired or Wireless?
Changed anything recently?

I see you use CrewChief, do you have UDP turned on?
For me, having UDP on (not required when CC is on same PC) caused havoc with Wifi, making it unavailable for any other devices whilst PC2 was running, even though I use an Ethernet connection on this PC, so my PC / game was unaffected, but if I was on wifi, no doubt it would have been a nightmare.

Other than that, I have no ideas. Not having any issues myself :(

poirqc
22-01-2018, 21:13
You'll get a disconnected from an MP lobby if your Steam connection drops. Even for a quick glimpse.

The first thing to check when getting a disconnect is to shift-tab and check if you're still online on steam. If so, check something else.

Most networked system don't disconnect you right away when there's timeouts(Thoses happends before disconnections).

eracerhead
22-01-2018, 21:37
Are we talking just disconnection, or bugsplat crash? I get periodic, random bugsplats in MP that I canít trace to any specific cause. CPU/GPU usage and temps are good, for instance.

Iím on cable, but am using a powerline setup to transfer the connection from the basement entry point to my third floor office. Do you reason that this connection method would cause such issues, or is it more likely to be the cable line itself? Is there a good way to monitor connectivity, in order to track packet loss at the moment a crash occurs?

Visceral_Syn
22-01-2018, 21:50
I’m on cable, but am using a powerline setup to transfer the connection from the basement entry point to my third floor office. Do you reason that this connection method would cause such issues, or is it more likely to be the cable line itself? Is there a good way to monitor connectivity, in order to track packet loss at the moment a crash occurs?

Noise on the cable plant, is most often caused by something external. Which means not usually from within a residence, sadly this does mean squirrels chewing on an arial drop, can cause noise. Exposed taps, where water can get in. Taps that are in bad need of repair. Sometimes, but not very often, the cable modems the cable company provides can shoot noise back into the plant ( rare ).

Depending on your cable modem, you should be able to browse to the webserver in it, and see your signal levels. You may need to contact your cable company to find out what the operational parameters are, be prepared, most of the people who work at the cable companies can not answer these kinds of questions. Cable field technicians also hate it when you know what the required RF specs are, so that they can't get away with a half-ass job, so many of them do installing cable services.

I don't know very much about ethernet over power, to tell you what could cause interference there.

thomasjohansen
22-01-2018, 22:35
thx for all the constructive suggestions.

Yes Im on cable, wired, running Crewchief(pcars2) and Shakeit(projectcars) and fanaleds and game runing pcars2 udp freq 4.
But the 3rd part programs havent been a problem before.

must try to check Steam next time, and check my cable modem for low pweformance, though speedtest.net says ping 10ms, and a quite steady curve for speed

thomasjohansen
22-01-2018, 22:46
Im joining a race, and can drive 2-3 turns then I get disconnected.
Same pattern.... logged in for about 1 minute or so, as if my MP connection gets evaluated and den disconnected.

bloozmahn
23-01-2018, 03:54
i get this as well, tried 4 other multiplayer games with NO ISSUES, this needs to be fixed.

FxUK
23-01-2018, 11:58
thx for all the constructive suggestions.

Yes Im on cable, wired, running Crewchief(pcars2) and Shakeit(projectcars) and fanaleds and game runing pcars2 udp freq 4.
But the 3rd part programs havent been a problem before.

must try to check Steam next time, and check my cable modem for low pweformance, though speedtest.net says ping 10ms, and a quite steady curve for speed

Is Criew Chief & Shakeit running on the same PC, if so, try turning of UDP frequency, its only needed if using apps on another device. See if it helps, it might not.

spritable
23-01-2018, 20:30
Im joining a race, and can drive 2-3 turns then I get disconnected.
Same pattern.... logged in for about 1 minute or so, as if my MP connection gets evaluated and den disconnected.

I have the same issue. 5-6 out of 10 games that I join I get kicked out from the qualifying after 2-3 turns with error "You have been disconnected from the multiplayer session.".

My internet connection is ok, because I have hundreds of hours playing other multiplayer games without such problems.

Probably a numeric indicator of the ping to the host will be better that those bars.

poirqc
24-01-2018, 02:47
Might check your VAC(Valve Anti-Cheat system) status to be sure everything is ok there. You can check your status in the settings.

spritable
24-01-2018, 20:13
Might check your VAC(Valve Anti-Cheat system) status to be sure everything is ok there. You can check your status in the settings.

It is not that. The result is: "You don't currently have any VAC or game bans associated with your Steam account. Thank you for playing fairly and not cheating."

I think the problem is very high ping to some of the lobbies. That is why I mentioned that a numeric ping indicator in the multiplayer browser is a good solution, because this way you won't join lobbies with high ping.

Visceral_Syn
24-01-2018, 20:20
the red colored triangle means high ping, yellow is inbetween, and green colored bars is good ping...

Mad Al
24-01-2018, 21:01
It is not that. The result is: "You don't currently have any VAC or game bans associated with your Steam account. Thank you for playing fairly and not cheating."

I think the problem is very high ping to some of the lobbies. That is why I mentioned that a numeric ping indicator in the multiplayer browser is a good solution, because this way you won't join lobbies with high ping.

I've played with people who had pings over a second.. other than making it difficult to judge getting close to them, it didn't cause disconnects