PDA

View Full Version : Tune Saving

D3L8OY
23-01-2018, 08:35
Ok this has probably been posted here before but I just couldn't be stuffed trolling through all the threads, so i hope someone can set me straight and help. I am on PC and just cannot get the tunes to update when I want to overwrite. I cant be the only one having this issue.

When I create a tune and save it to a new slot all good. When I make a change and overwrite the tune. the changes do not get applied. Can someone please help.

Atak Kat
23-01-2018, 08:42
I had the same issue on PS4 recently. I thought this all was fixed in the last patches.
But when saving over-top of another previously saved setup, it still doesn't seem to work for me either.

Zenzic
23-01-2018, 11:14
It's weird, I'm on pc and my setup changes do stick when I overwrite them. I specifically check now and again to make sure my setup values haven't reverted, since I know this bug exists.

Maybe we can try and pinpoint similarities and differences in our workflow?
- I'm solely racing in custom offline races.
- My setup changes are rather limited: tire type, tire pressure, brake pressure, brake bias, brake ducts, fuel load and radiator. I haven't seen any of these parameters revert after overwriting.
- I'm playing this game in a linear fashion, without mixing up cars: over the course of a few days I'll select one car and track combo, practice for hours, qualify, and have an endurance race. Only when that's finished I'll switch to a different car and track. Maybe that has something to do with it?

D3L8OY
23-01-2018, 11:27
It's weird, I'm on pc and my setup changes do stick when I overwrite them. I specifically check now and again to make sure my setup values haven't reverted, since I know this bug exists.

Maybe we can try and pinpoint similarities and differences in our workflow?
- I'm solely racing in custom offline races.
- My setup changes are rather limited: tire type, tire pressure, brake pressure, brake bias, brake ducts, fuel load and radiator. I haven't seen any of these parameters revert after overwriting.
- I'm playing this game in a linear fashion, without mixing up cars: over the course of a few days I'll select one car and track combo, practice for hours, qualify, and have an endurance race. Only when that's finished I'll switch to a different car and track. Maybe that has something to do with it?

I am playing through the career, using GT3. Currently on Red Bull ring changes tyre pressure, fuel load and camber, save over existing. click the edit setup again and the setting are not changed from the original, this is also happening offline and online. Driving me crazy. THe only way I can get it to change is if I save as new setup and and overwrite the original. Just cant get it to do incremental updates. Annoying.

CoproManiac
23-01-2018, 11:46
You're not the only one. Read this thread: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58458-Setup-Bug-or-something-wrong-with-my-PCars2
I figured out where it goes wrong and found a way to reproduce it: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58458-Setup-Bug-or-something-wrong-with-my-PCars2&p=1462639&viewfull=1#post1462639
The bug occurs when you've saved a setup, exited the game and restarted the game and then trying to load up the previously saved setup and trying to edit it by using the 'Overwrite over existing setup slot' option.

The workaround I currently use is also posted in the 2nd link, but I'll copy it in this thread too:
Only thing I can think of right now as a workaround, is to load up a setup (even if it's bugged) and save that setup to a new setup slot.
You can now use the 'Save over existing setup slot' option during the session, but the setup will become bugged again as soon as you quit the game and restart it.
So you kinda just have to repeat these steps when you encounter this bug.

SMS was made aware of the thread 8 days ago, unfortunately no response from them yet.

hkraft300
23-01-2018, 12:01
Save over existing and save new are both working on my ps4.

CoproManiac
23-01-2018, 12:03

Could you try these steps? I've been wondering if this is a multi-platform bug or merely a PC bug:
(skip #1 and #2)

1. Close the game.
2. [Optional] Move the 'tuningsetups' folder from C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\NUMBER\project cars 2\tuningsetups to a different location (don't delete it if you want to keep your setups).
3. Start up the game.
4. Start any gamemode and car + track combination.
5. Enter Tuning Setup menu and load up either 'Stable' or 'Loose' tuning, or neither and use the default setup.
6. Make changes to the setup.
7. Save to new setup slot (I called it 'Bug Test')
8. Exit gamemode.
9. Exit the game.
10. Start the game up again.
11. Now enter the same or a different gamemode, use the same car + track combination from step #4
12. Load setup from step 7 (Bug Test in my case).
13. Again, make a change to it.
14. Save it again, now using the 'Save over existing setup slot option'.
15. Go out of the Tuning Setup menu.
16. Re-enter Tuning Setup menu and Edit Setup.
17. Note how the changes made in step #13 didn't stick.

Sankyo
23-01-2018, 12:13
The Save Over Existing bug is known.

hkraft300
23-01-2018, 12:27
17. Note how the changes made in step #13 didn't stick.

Ye mate. Done this process many times. I'm always tinkering with my tunes.
Before patch 3 the save existing didn't work, but that's working now.
But: I think it might change itself between sessions (eg practice to quali or quali to race). So I make sure to load he setup I want at the start of the session too (inc ready screen before race).

Atak Kat
23-01-2018, 13:04
Ye mate. Done this process many times. I'm always tinkering with my tunes.
Before patch 3 the save existing didn't work, but that's working now.
But: I think it might change itself between sessions (eg practice to quali or quali to race). So I make sure to load he setup I want at the start of the session too (inc ready screen before race).

Me too. Sometimes even going into Edit to double check it again. Then, re-save, reload, etc. It's borderline paranoia.

ShneebnaMRR108
23-01-2018, 13:31
It's borderline unbelievable that a basic game function still doesn't work without issues.

hkraft300
23-01-2018, 14:41
It's borderline paranoia.

I like to call it micro-managing. :o

D3L8OY
24-01-2018, 06:18
You Know, ass long as SMS know about this ad are working on a fix i'm ok with the wait. The save to new slot works most of the time. I don't mind bugs as long as there is a resolution. I am sure there is a lot of work in progress.
Cheers for all the advice from the community, you guys rock.

davidt33
24-01-2018, 08:49

Mine stick too, ever since the last patch. But I check and double-check them just in case as though I have OCD.

V3nom
24-01-2018, 09:27
Yeah same here on the PS4, works almost every time. It only happened twice since the patch that it switched to default setup.
The checking on the default screen has become a strong habbit. :cool:

hkraft300
24-01-2018, 10:52
Sometimes my tunes will go hide in the "all tracks" section.
Cheeky buggers.

Zaskarspants
24-01-2018, 11:05
Mine save and load ok.
I have only just started doing set ups and not noticed anything weird.

Sankyo
24-01-2018, 11:31
Cheeky buggers.
Known with the devs.

hkraft300
24-01-2018, 11:44
Known with the devs.

Cheers mate. I'd hate to be the bloke trying to pin this one.
Seems totally random.

CoproManiac
24-01-2018, 12:48
Cheers mate. I'd hate to be the bloke trying to pin this one.
Seems totally random.

Not sure how it is for PS4, but it's not random on PC and I have no problems reproducing it.
But thanks to your comment I found out something new about the saving setups bug on PC :) Might also be helpful to SMS.
Will post in my original thread.

hkraft300
24-01-2018, 14:07
Not sure how it is for PS4, but it's not random on PC and I have no problems reproducing it.

This one?

It's no biggie on ps4. Just check under the all tracks section if a tune seems AWOL.

CoproManiac
24-01-2018, 14:15
This one?

No, I was aware of that one.
The one I meant was that when you try to save over a setup with the 'save over existing setup slot' option while it was bugged, it wouldn't properly apply the changes.
If you then save the setup without making any changes, using the 'save to new setup slot' and overwrite the bugged setup, then somehow the changes you made before saving it over existing setup slot are applied.
But I guess it's just a PC thing, as console players don't seem to experience the bug with saving over existing setup slot.

Step #20, or 2:08 - 2:48 in the video.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58458-Setup-Bug-or-something-wrong-with-my-PCars2&p=1466034&viewfull=1#post1466034