PDA

View Full Version : Bug Disconnects and competitivo racing license

Tiagok
24-01-2018, 00:00
almost every day I get a message "you were disconnected from the session".

is a bug in the game, I have a connection of 60mps for download and 6 mbps of upload in optical fiber, ping of 25/30 ms on average.

I do not have this connection problem with any online multiplayer game.

I'm very disappointed in the game because of this.

another loss I have is in the competitive race license that decreases a lot every time I'm disconnected from a session.

surely the game does not know if it was disconnected by a problem or by the option of the player to update the competitive license.

how can you guys help me with these bugs? What are you going to do about it to fix my lost competitive license at each disconnect?

In Brazil, we have a group of more than 100 people, we promote project cars 2 championships. In all rounds, at least 30% of people have the problem "You have been disconnected from the session".

All these people, they report, that in other games like Asseto Corsa, Gran Turismo Sport and others, has no problem to play online.

Perhaps the game Project Cars 2, has a very demanding connection criteria, perhaps not sensitive to variations in connection.

The problem is not just me, it is generalized, many people are going through the problem.

Some are already complaining to consumer protection. They ask for the money back.

You can search on Google, on YouTube, "disconnect project cars 2" you'll see hundreds of people complaining about this problem.

It's very frustrating, I hope Patch 4.0 will solve this problem.

Tiagok
24-01-2018, 14:07
Can anyone from SMS help solve this problem or provide a solution in Patch 4.0?

awaite85
24-01-2018, 23:11
I saw this message for the 1st time the other day. Luckily it happened during practice. But yes frustrating especially since a lot of us are striving to improve our rating.

Jever
25-01-2018, 08:43
I saw this message for the 1st time the other day. Luckily it happened during practice. But yes frustrating especially since a lot of us are striving to improve our rating.

Monday and yesterday we had season start, 2 divisions in yesterdays race, 2 lobbies, both hosts got this disconnect at the same time. And it was from the game, we stayed in chat party.

It is so frustrating. It also happend in Pcars 1.

M1t0x_
25-01-2018, 18:32
almost every day I get a message "you were disconnected from the session".

is a bug in the game, I have a connection of 60mps for download and 6 mbps of upload in optical fiber, ping of 25/30 ms on average.

I do not have this connection problem with any online multiplayer game.

I'm very disappointed in the game because of this.

another loss I have is in the competitive race license that decreases a lot every time I'm disconnected from a session.

surely the game does not know if it was disconnected by a problem or by the option of the player to update the competitive license.

how can you guys help me with these bugs? What are you going to do about it to fix my lost competitive license at each disconnect?

In Brazil, we have a group of more than 100 people, we promote project cars 2 championships. In all rounds, at least 30% of people have the problem "You have been disconnected from the session".

All these people, they report, that in other games like Asseto Corsa, Gran Turismo Sport and others, has no problem to play online.

Perhaps the game Project Cars 2, has a very demanding connection criteria, perhaps not sensitive to variations in connection.

The problem is not just me, it is generalized, many people are going through the problem.

Some are already complaining to consumer protection. They ask for the money back.

You can search on Google, on YouTube, "disconnect project cars 2" you'll see hundreds of people complaining about this problem.

It's very frustrating, I hope Patch 4.0 will solve this problem.

this is a big problem I'm facing too. Please fix this!

Ole W
26-01-2018, 17:04
Project CARS 2 were made for use in eSports, you claim. Then it would be great to have this serious issue solved as soon as possible.

Regarding the unfair degrading of our Racing Licenses: Why don't you set a logic flag to OFF to indicate that no voluntary action have been taken to exit the ongoing online race? And then when a voluntary action to exit the race have bern taken then set this flag to ON. After having reentered the Racing Central then you may dish out a penalty if said flag is ON. And otherwise assume that the exit was caused by a disconnect.

To verify that the disconnect wasn't caused by somebody pulling the plug you may perform a quick connection test to your server. If this test doesn't start then the disconnect is caused by a power failure or somebody willfully closing down their console or pc while the race is running. If the test works then no penalty should be applied. A PSN failure should be possible to detect as well and so on.

The bottom line is that you will have to do something. Better to not punish a few wrongdoers than to keep punishing legit and fair racers. And we need the game to become much more stable while racing in Online mode too, please.

Ole W
26-01-2018, 17:22
Btw, I fully understand that my "solution" given above might not be possible for any number of good reasons. In fact, I fully expect a good solution to work in a different way. I just hope that you guys at SMS will give a solution to this matter your highest priority and do whatever is in your power to fix this.

Otherwise, I simply love your game. I own both the PS4 and PC version, and have played pCars since the originals release a few years ago. Thumbs up for your effort and dedication to make one of the best sims on the market.

SCClockDr
26-01-2018, 18:12
Clicking EXIT to rage quit should penalize the user, not a problem for me, with this. A power failure, ISP glitch, or PSN server issue should result in no penalty. If the user is involved in an incident (1 full lap or race complete would be required to reset this), retired to the pits, or presses the option button etc. set the voluntary exit flag in a hidden HHD file so a profile restore couldn't reset it.

I get there is no perfect solution to this but erring on the side of caution would be preferred IMHO.

Tiagok
29-01-2018, 22:13
Clicking EXIT to rage quit should penalize the user, not a problem for me, with this. A power failure, ISP glitch, or PSN server issue should result in no penalty. If the user is involved in an incident (1 full lap or race complete would be required to reset this), retired to the pits, or presses the option button etc. set the voluntary exit flag in a hidden HHD file so a profile restore couldn't reset it.

I get there is no perfect solution to this but erring on the side of caution would be preferred IMHO.
I agree with you, there are ways to know if the person left the game or was discounted. Including as last case the verification of history.

Tiagok
29-01-2018, 22:15
Project CARS 2 were made for use in eSports, you claim. Then it would be great to have this serious issue solved as soon as possible.

Regarding the unfair degrading of our Racing Licenses: Why don't you set a logic flag to OFF to indicate that no voluntary action have been taken to exit the ongoing online race? And then when a voluntary action to exit the race have bern taken then set this flag to ON. After having reentered the Racing Central then you may dish out a penalty if said flag is ON. And otherwise assume that the exit was caused by a disconnect.

To verify that the disconnect wasn't caused by somebody pulling the plug you may perform a quick connection test to your server. If this test doesn't start then the disconnect is caused by a power failure or somebody willfully closing down their console or pc while the race is running. If the test works then no penalty should be applied. A PSN failure should be possible to detect as well and so on.

The bottom line is that you will have to do something. Better to not punish a few wrongdoers than to keep punishing legit and fair racers. And we need the game to become much more stable while racing in Online mode too, please.

I do not want to turn off the license, I want to have the license evolution, but I do not want to lose points for a game problem, I do not think it's fair.