PDA

View Full Version : Weather and its randomness!

OddTimer
24-01-2018, 11:20
Hi! Something that have been annoying me a bit lately…

Live track is amazing, no denial here. But, racing single player with random weather is a bit of mess, mainly because I don’t want to race on extreme weather (snow, ice, heavy fog and thunderstorm).

A suggestion here, wouldn’t it be easy to create weather playlists? Like:

1-random weather: all dry weather
2-random weather: all wet
3-random weather: all dry plus all wet:confused:
4-random weather: all wet including thunderstorm

etc….

It just seems to me that SMS has implemented such a great feature in PC2, but somehow I am not making the most out of it, and possibly many other player are not either?

Does anyone know if SMS is planning to improve the randomness of the weather system? And how do you guys make the most out of it?
Thanks!

Konan
24-01-2018, 11:27
IF i do a custom race (mostly only play career) i set the weather slots to the types i like (or like to have)...

MaXyM
24-01-2018, 12:02
But then it's not random any more.

On the opposite side, selected some weather modes gives some variability. For example The Sun sometimes shines through clouds while they are moving. It gives a lot of real feel like experience.

Richie Padalino
24-01-2018, 12:05
Hi! Something that have been annoying me a bit lately…

Live track is amazing, no denial here. But, racing single player with random weather is a bit of mess, mainly because I don’t want to race on extreme weather (snow, ice, heavy fog and thunderstorm).

A suggestion here, wouldn’t it be easy to create weather playlists? Like:

1-random weather: all dry weather
2-random weather: all wet
3-random weather: all dry plus all wet:confused:
4-random weather: all wet including thunderstorm

etc….

It just seems to me that SMS has implemented such a great feature in PC2, but somehow I am not making the most out of it, and possibly many other player are not either?

Does anyone know if SMS is planning to improve the randomness of the weather system? And how do you guys make the most out of it?
Thanks!

Yeh, I'd say with the ability to input 4 slots, (is it 4?), then you can put in each one of these 'playlists'.

Although, then you would know exactly when certain slots are coming up, which isn't really random. But I guess that's how real life works, with the detail that can now be achieved within weather reports themselves.

OddTimer
24-01-2018, 13:16
Yes, I think at the moment it is better to manually select the weather manually what spoils the element of surprise as you know for sure that particular weather is going to come into play.

In a hypothetical playlist scenario: let's say you selected all dry weathers plus all rain (minus thunderstorm). There is still an element of randomness as that slot could present you with only a dry race.

Zenzic
24-01-2018, 14:07
I made a little tool for PC and PS4 that randomly sets weather slots. You can choose which weather types it picks from and set probability of adverse weather. I've been using it successfully for some time now. More info and download here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56777-quot-Custom-Random-Weather-Automator-quot).

OddTimer
24-01-2018, 14:16
I made a little tool for PC and PS4 that randomly sets weather slots. You can choose which weather types it picks from and set probability of adverse weather. I've been using it successfully for some time now. More info and download here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56777-quot-Custom-Random-Weather-Automator-quot).

yeah, I've seen that. It looks great, but I am on the Xbox and as far as I know the Xbox app does not do the arrow thing.