PDA

View Full Version : Invitational historic event with Ford Sierra Cosworth

flowerdealer
25-01-2018, 00:12
In career mode, I've unlocked the invitational event for Ford Sierra Cosworth (in France?). Forgot the track name, but the event is at night. My question is how do you drive this car? I just feel like I'm on ice and constantly spinning out, even on very fast corners. The physics of it feel completely different than any other car/track that I've tested, so not sure how to drive it, and can't keep up with the AI at all, even at low AI levels. Any ideas?

Konan
25-01-2018, 05:28
This might help you further...not exactly about the Sierra but to improve consistency in general...(still looking for a Sierra specific solution)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?50921-Improving-On-Consistency

Cholton82
25-01-2018, 12:05
It's a blooming hard car to drive , when the turbo kicks in you better have her pointing in a straight line or she will try and kill you . Turn the boost down a bit so it's not so aggressive is all I can offer .

Madhun67
25-01-2018, 13:03
watch some good onboards from BTCC in the era or Australian touring footage.The car is a blast if you respect it:) Wicked raw!

g33k hack3rs
25-01-2018, 19:20
I went to TT and tried a few setups for the car/track combo and that helped a lot. Finally made it through the first lap and thoroughly enjoyed the race. A blast to drive when you have a controlled car.

flowerdealer
25-01-2018, 20:45
I went to TT and tried a few setups for the car/track combo and that helped a lot. Finally made it through the first lap and thoroughly enjoyed the race. A blast to drive when you have a controlled car.

What did you try on your setups?

g33k hack3rs
26-01-2018, 14:28
What did you try on your setups?

What I mean is that I downloaded some setups from Time Trials and just tested a few until I found one that suited my driving style. Can't remember which but I usually try at least top 3 or 5 that I can download and then adjust dampers and fuel to suit racing rather than TT. Many of the setups will have 0 on dampers and brake ducts and only 1 to 5 liters of fuel. That isn't the best for actual racing so remember to adjust those after downloading the setup.

Albertsen
26-01-2018, 16:18
... A blast to drive when you have a controlled car.
It sure is. After adjusting this for a day it just went from a stupid undrivable car to one that's really really fun and challenging to drive. (And I even turned the boost UP!) :very_drunk:

@ Cholton82 Be patient, it will reward you.