PDA

View Full Version : Steering problem (ginetta&GT4)

BaR0
25-01-2018, 19:01
Hi all
Everytime i try to steer in a fast turn, the front tire that is opposite to the turn direction, locks. (If i turn left, the right one lock, the same on the other side). So the effective trajectory is quite larger, and ofter i end up in the grass.
Wheel also smoke a lot ( only the locked one), and the temperature go up reeeeally fast in the front wheels. Is there any settings in the garage that i can adjust to correct this? Happened with every car so far.

im playing on pc with an xbox 360 joystick.
Thanks

blinkngone
25-01-2018, 20:56
Hi all
Everytime i try to steer in a fast turn, the front tire that is opposite to the turn direction, locks. (If i turn left, the right one lock, the same on the other side). So the effective trajectory is quite larger, and ofter i end up in the grass.
Wheel also smoke a lot ( only the locked one), and the temperature go up reeeeally fast in the front wheels. Is there any settings in the garage that i can adjust to correct this? Happened with every car so far.

im playing on pc with an xbox 360 joystick.
Thanks

There is a Sticky for controller problems. But, here are some settings I found http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21858-Xbox-One-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions&p=883144&viewfull=1#post883144.
If you don't think it is your controller problem then just go to Time Trial and share a setup for the car/track you want. The smoking tires don't necessarily mean you have a single wheel/tire locked up, there is a smoking tire bug. If you pick the wrong tire for the track you are driving they will heat up and lose grip quickly, softs for example when you ahould be on hard tires instead.

drathuu
26-01-2018, 11:05
Sounds like your turning too much, getting the outside tyre past its friction point (Lateral force is too high) for tyre to maintain traction (too much turn reducing contact patch. You could try turn in smoother (not just straight to full lock turn), to allow smoother weight transfer. You could also stiffen roll bars or suspension, to limit weight transfer, but the cars are generally good default. Alternatively you may be carrying too much speed.

Alfisti
26-01-2018, 15:17
This is a VERy stable car, i suspect you're carrying too much speed. Also make sure stabilty control is off.