PDA

View Full Version : New Dedicated server up, cool and varied rotation!

bloozmahn
26-01-2018, 20:16
I've finally managed to get my dedicated server up and running with a pretty good rotation of cool stuff.

It's safety rated to C class and above.
the races are short, ten minute qualifying and races that are around 8-15 mins each.

setups are allowed, realistic driving aids, fuel and tire wear is on.
once i get a few days under the belt and see how it performs i'll likely add another server with all vintage cool stuff for the real racers here!

rotation is as follows, and bear in mind this is a total PITA to set up. it literally took me 5-6 hours just to get to this point, and there's a bunch more setting up i would like to do in regards to weather etc.. but for now this is the rotation.

Rx lites at oulton park
Road B at brands indy
V8 supercars at long beach
touring cars at Brno
group c at lemans
group 5 at donnington
gto at nurb gp
gt1 at watkins glen
lmp1 at daytona road
Group C at barcelona
lotus 49c at rouen short
group a at red bull gp
road d, hockenheim middle
formula rookie at brands hatch indy

there are plenty of unrated GT3 crash fests out there, i'm trying something different and interesting.

try it out if you can, feel free to hit me up at my FB group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2405597529664944/?ref=bookmarks

Let's race!

Server name is CSR C Class Rotating

scottbed
27-01-2018, 19:51
How did you get 'MinimumOnlineRank' setup? I see the value in a file with the text to not edit the file directly. I don't anything about lua. Thanks!

bloozmahn
27-01-2018, 23:44
i ended up copying someone else's, i'm not at home at the moment but i'll try and post later. the rank is numerical starting at 0=U where b=5.

nono782
28-01-2018, 01:08
Thanks for not adding GT3 !

poirqc
28-01-2018, 04:06
I tried to check the server, but i couldn't find it. Even with filters removed.

scottbed
28-01-2018, 17:00
i ended up copying someone else's, i'm not at home at the moment but i'll try and post later. the rank is numerical starting at 0=U where b=5.

I found another thread that had the info. Thanks. Just search for Dedicated Server Configuration Sample and you should find it.

bloozmahn
28-01-2018, 18:25
it's called b class rotating , let me know if you can see it, i can only check it from my house and it shows up in the list there

poirqc
28-01-2018, 21:32
it's called b class rotating , let me know if you can see it, i can only check it from my house and it shows up in the list there

I have some suggestions:

For the time being, i would leave rain aside. There's a know bug currently where water placement, on the track, isn't the same for everyone. This is looked at for Patch 4 iirc.
Since it's a public lobby. People rely in the lobby information to see the weather. Currently, you can only see the first weather spot and the last. This means you can't know rain will be there if it's set in the middle spots. Having to change Tires for a quick 7 laps race might be too disruptive.
While AI filling is ok, they seems set not fast enough. They we're going almost standstill @ Donnigton GP, Grp 5.

Keep in mind i didn't spend much time on your server, i only ran 1 Q and 1 Race. I was alone with bots.

Besides that, things seemed to work as intended.

Cheers!

bloozmahn
28-01-2018, 21:53
thanks. there's a bug where the first race always has AI in it.

I'm not sure why it's raining as none of the parameters are set for it. i'm going to try some more tweaking when i get my new hard drive cloned and i can join the server.

after the first race, you're alone usually. it's never rained before on the server until today so i have no idea what the hell is up with that.

thanks for the feedback though!!

i'll keep working at it.

bloozmahn
05-02-2018, 02:01
reconfigured and functional again , CSR B SAFETY ROTATING

bloozmahn
06-02-2018, 16:43
still random weather..

FIX YOUR PRODUCT SMS.

Rummy63
24-05-2018, 04:26
I just rented a server today but was not provided with any guide about how to select tracks or cars. I hosted Assetto Corsa for the past 3 years so I figured configuring the server would be just as easy. Any help or guides or websites you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you.