PDA

View Full Version : how do i keep my ratings if i'm on a new machine?

bloozmahn
29-01-2018, 03:21
I've done a new install and for some reason my rating snaps to U 1500 even when i use the old install files copied over from my old drive. i see no option for using the cloud save and it doesn't ask me it just overwrites my A1460 rating every time.

really, really, frustrating.

it's a good thing this game plays well...

any help is appreciated.

Albertsen
29-01-2018, 09:24
Hmm that sucks. It ought to be liked to your steam account instead of some ingame thingy.

Sankyo
29-01-2018, 10:02
I've done a new install and for some reason my rating snaps to U 1500 even when i use the old install files copied over from my old drive. i see no option for using the cloud save and it doesn't ask me it just overwrites my A1460 rating every time.

really, really, frustrating.

it's a good thing this game plays well...

any help is appreciated.

Do you have Steam cloud saving enabled? If yes, make sure that writing to the cloud is not blocked by some application, and that your user account has sufficient rights to do so.

bloozmahn
29-01-2018, 15:15
it was enabled and i switched it off hoping it would upload my rating from the local machine but it shows my license history as resetting from A1465 to U1500, it only happened when i switched back to win 10 to try something and then i switched back to my new install.

i guess it really doesn't matter as i run a dedicated server and i can join it regardless of my rating, but what a terrible system, why it isn't stored online, at least the safety rating?? i really could care less about the skill rating to be honest.

Mad Al
29-01-2018, 15:41
it was enabled and i switched it off hoping it would upload my rating from the local machine but it shows my license history as resetting from A1465 to U1500, it only happened when i switched back to win 10 to try something and then i switched back to my new install.

i guess it really doesn't matter as i run a dedicated server and i can join it regardless of my rating, but what a terrible system, why it isn't stored online, at least the safety rating?? i really could care less about the skill rating to be honest.

It is stored online...

bloozmahn
29-01-2018, 16:06
It is stored online...

then why won't it download to my machine?

davidt33
29-01-2018, 16:11
then why won't it download to my machine?

Just a wild guess, but probably because previously you switched of the "Steam cloud saving enable" thingy.

bloozmahn
29-01-2018, 16:16
i enabled it and it instantly switches to U1500 when going online

FxUK
29-01-2018, 19:16
Hmm, this is odd. The following won't help at all, just my experience of doing similar...

The other night (for different reasons - ffb problem) I turned off cloud sync, renamed the MyDocuments/project cars 2 folder and started the game.
My stats had all cleared but when I joined an online lobby, my licence came back to what it should be, leaving my stats all cleared.

Originally, I thought removing this folder / save data would reset the licence, but for me, it didn't (which I think is great, btw) so not sure why it's misbehaving for you. It didn't rely on cloud sync (at least, im 99% sure it didn't) and seemed to be stored on a central server.

p.s I'm S1460 (ish) so wasn't trying to reset my licence anyway and was thankful that it didn't

Edit: Maybe, because of family sharing options in steam, it is stored against a machine ID online???
I haven't tried PC2 on another PC, but that could be the reasoning.

bloozmahn
29-01-2018, 21:24
it's the same account and pc , but i went from win 10 to win 7, which initially was fine but having to do some tweaks and file transfers something got set the wrong way, but i can't imagine having the online rank being stored anywhere on your local machine as it would invite hacking.

i'll try the delete the whole folder thing and see if it works, thanks!

Sankyo
30-01-2018, 06:42
Also make sure that the game has online access in the firewall that you're using.

bloozmahn
30-01-2018, 16:48
i fixed it by disabling cloud and using the backup folder.
strange because it took a few tries before it worked

Vozim
30-01-2018, 23:39
its stupid. No player should have access to the rating files. They should be saved on PCars servers, NOT STEAM CLUOD...

bloozmahn
30-01-2018, 23:47
its stupid. No player should have access to the rating files. They should be saved on PCars servers, NOT STEAM CLUOD...

that's what i couldn't understand.. plus it showed my ranking progress and then the reset to baseline in the little graph on the player stats page. i try not to complain too much, but some really fundamental stuff is seriously wrong with the way they do things... SMH

Vozim
30-01-2018, 23:54
yeah. So we can delete the races log and stats but keep the player rating - lol
-happened to me some time ago uppon game reinstallment. Will have to do it again.