PDA

View Full Version : Online Races mostly GT3?

Cbrriderr
29-01-2018, 12:30
How come 90% of Online Racing is done on Gt3 cars? this Sim offers so many different Class of cars its not even funny, and most drivers choose a GT3 cars. one of the easist cars to drive.
It has Traction control, ABS. all need to do is step on gas and brake. I am trying to get my S license and get above 2000 but its kind of hard when all there is U1000 GT3 races.
Is there a more popular time when there is something other than GT3 ?

Bealdor
29-01-2018, 12:34
How come 90% of Online Racing is done on Gt3 cars? this Sim offers so many different Class of cars its not even funny, and most drivers choose a GT3 cars. one of the easist cars to drive.
It has Traction control, ABS. all need to do is step on gas and brake. I am trying to get my S license and get above 2000 but its kind of hard when all there is U1000 GT3 races.

You answered your question yourself:

...one of the easist cars to drive.
It has Traction control, ABS. all need to do is step on gas and brake...

Zaskarspants
29-01-2018, 12:43
I do see a lot more GT3 when I look at lobbys as I ponder actually racing online, but for me it is about 50 to 60% GT3. Still too many for me but I appreciate why people new to the game would stick with them.

V3nom
29-01-2018, 13:00
Just Join a racing league. ;)

Richie Padalino
29-01-2018, 13:05

I've wondered this myself.

And I don't get the, "easiest car to drive" explanation, as if it's your lobby, you can set assists to whatever you wish. Because of this, there are many different classes that could be used, but don't seem to be.

It's like people can't even be bothered to try something different.

Madhun67
29-01-2018, 13:14
yes im one of those also who is trying to get my feet wet in online racing.All i find is mostly GT3 and the lone Rx server i saw was rally x cars at a roadcourse :(

Madhun67
29-01-2018, 13:16
would be nice to have like beginner lobbies and such

FxUK
29-01-2018, 13:30
The way I see it is, a lot of people don't want to be a host and just join what's available. I know I don't, I cba choosing tracks and being moaned at because people don't agree with however I set it up (sometimes anyway).

Therefore, if you want something specific, set it up and see if people join. Although, timing will matter, since the online player base isn't that big, not really.
If you time it right so a few races are close to finishing, the chances are, after the races the lobby empties and they go looking for a new session.

The session emptying is helped along by the stupid bug that doesn't show the new tracks selected to other players, or sometimes car selection breaking / becoming locked to one type after host migration. I can't wait until that is fixed.

I won't deny that I do race GT3 on Monza when nothing else is available, but I would much rather be in a lively session for the evening with rotating tracks and even classes... it's not often that these exist or 'stay alive' though, due to the above bug, unless its when RWB guys are all online, in which case its then an epic night of racing, with variety.

Albertsen
29-01-2018, 13:32
Every time I see GT3 lobbies (on Monza) I get a bit tired.
There's SO MANY combinations of awesome tracks and cars. Yet let's pick something mundane.

( - Now, if this was reddit I would get downvotes to oblivion. :p)

Edit: I'ts like people don't bother...
Let's take the Sierra for example.. It's not just point and shoot. But with patience and setup tweaking this beast is a BLAST to drive.
Yet, so many people doesn't get to experience that. \_(ツ)_/

bloozmahn
29-01-2018, 19:38
server B class rotating

no gt3, check my post in multiplayer

Stewy32
29-01-2018, 21:21
It would be nice if an SMS Member went on from time to time and set up a random good lobby.

The only exception to the GT3 Armada I have seen in the games history is getting it down to 50%-60% both on the first couple of days and on the day before the Rolex 24 where it was all Daytona International Speedway Road Course either single class or multi class out of LMP2/GTE/GT3/LMP900/GT1/Group C but still having only 1 or 2 types of lobbies is annoying for proper racers

*not saying GT3 only drivers aren't proper but you aren't using the game properly if you haven't tried out at least some of the other cars.

bloozmahn
29-01-2018, 22:29
I keep wondering why SMS' problem is with dedicating some resources to having persistent tiered safety and/or skill rated lobbies for all platforms.
I'm no IT pro, but i managed to set one up with an old pc with about 5-6 hours work. there should be a public lobby for every type of racer: casual nonranked, safety minded, competitive, etc..

what is so difficult about understanding this basic premise of a game they touted as being heavily into esports and online racing???

awaite85
30-01-2018, 00:38

We hear you man. You gotta start new lobbies with other classes. That's what I do. Gotta be patient on waiting for people to join. But yes, there are a lot of us wanting to race stuff other than GT3. I do see a lot of GTE out there which is a lot of fun.

racesafegrandad
30-01-2018, 09:45
most drivers choose a GT3 cars. one of the easiest cars to drive.

Really? Just try racing on the limit against the really fast GT3 racers and then tell me they are easy!

Cbrriderr
30-01-2018, 12:07
where can I find a racing League?
is there one for Nordshefle?

beatrunner
30-01-2018, 13:37
i don't think there is a league only for driving at the nordschleife.

to the OP telling GT3 is the most easy car's to drive: just not true. there's gt4/gt5 that really are slow and (IMO) boring.

instead of thinking "all the guys who "only" drives gt3" are noobs. try to be fast in a gt3 and you'll be suprised at how hard it is to compete with the fastest guys. nothing of your "these cars are so easy to drive" will stand after a race against (us) top gt3 drivers.

and don't be blinded: you think "we" couldn't drive much faster cars? wrong! i could, but i can see that about 80% of players are allready struggling with keeping a "so easy to drive gt3 car" on track for more then 1 lap without going off track / spinning out. and as long as this is fact, i just don't dare to join a faster car lobbie with these guys (because they put me in danger even in the "so easy to drive" gt3 class...

i'd suggest jump down from your "high up horse" and try to either a) drive something else or b) try the "so easy to drive gt3 cars" against us - the S1800+ drivers. you'll having a hard time, i promise :glee:

Deckman
01-02-2018, 15:48
I have been driving the Touring cars lately and I find because they have less power there are less of the dive bombing idiots wiping out cars in the first corner etc. Actually starting to really enjoy racing in those lobby's. Driving ability is critical to getting good lap times compared to needing straight line speed with the GT3 cars. I still like the GT3 but too many idiots ramming into everyone on the first turn whether it is Monza, Barcelona, Imola, Red Bull Ring etc.

cpcdem
01-02-2018, 15:57
Yeah, also in the PC there are plenty TC lobbies lately! I still like GT3s, but TCs are such a nice alternative class to race on, hope it keeps getting momentum.

Deckman
01-02-2018, 16:04
Yeah, also in the PC there are plenty TC lobbies lately! I still like GT3s, but TCs are such a nice alternative class to race on, hope it keeps getting momentum.

I wonder if there are less lunatics on PC versus PS4. I also race in other lobby's on my PC (Race Room etc.) I would bet there are less because of the investment necessary with using a PC versus a PS4. I also race in a league which definitely eliminates any idiots screwing up your race, but that is once a week versus getting on anytime I have some free time.

bloozmahn
01-02-2018, 16:10
if SMS would bother to straighten out the dedicated server issues there could be momentum on having some dedicated servers that cater to people that want to take advantage of the other classes and the safety ratings.

i spent quite a bit of time configuring a server with a varied rotation of interesting car/track combos. but it rains no matter what anyone seems to do for a rotation based lobby.

i guess we're all supposed to race gt3 @ spa forever.. can i get 3/4 of my money back?

Chin
01-02-2018, 16:52
...to the OP telling GT3 is the most easy car's to drive: just not true. there's gt4/gt5 that really are slow and (IMO) boring.

instead of thinking "all the guys who "only" drives gt3" are noobs. try to be fast in a gt3 and you'll be suprised at how hard it is to compete with the fastest guys. nothing of your "these cars are so easy to drive" will stand after a race against (us) top gt3 drivers.

and don't be blinded: you think "we" couldn't drive much faster cars? wrong! i could, but i can see that about 80% of players are allready struggling with keeping a "so easy to drive gt3 car" on track for more then 1 lap without going off track / spinning out. and as long as this is fact, i just don't dare to join a faster car lobbie with these guys (because they put me in danger even in the "so easy to drive" gt3 class...

i'd suggest jump down from your "high up horse" and try to either a) drive something else or b) try the "so easy to drive gt3 cars" against us - the S1800+ drivers. you'll having a hard time, i promise :glee:

I didn't see the comment that they are easy...they are "one of the easiest". That is indeed true. All of the GTx cars are the easiest, including the GT4/5 as you noted. I think people are drawn to the GT3 because they are more recognizable and are faster. I personally don't agree that the lesser GTs are slow or boring. I spend most of my time with the GT4 as they are a good mix. These 'slower' cars create better racing as you have to focus on how to drive, rather than the more point and shoot nature of the higher HP GT3 cars.

Also, there was no reference to being fast relative to other drivers (other than the point that most of the lobbies are U1000). Put an alien in any car and lesser drivers will struggle, it is by no means isolated to the GT3 cars.

Get off your high horse... You completely missed the point of the post; must be the rarefied air up there. :o

TwilightUA
01-02-2018, 18:31
Really? Just try racing on the limit against the really fast GT3 racers and then tell me they are easy!

Every car on the limit is hard to drive, but GT3 offers much more grip and overall stability. Road C class cars, for example, have the same or even more power output with way worse tyres and softer suspension. That's where all the fun starts.
Plus I've noticed that more crashes are happening in GT3 races, low tier road classes and GT4/TC are much cleaner.

By the way I used to hate GT3 in PCars1, I thought that multiclass races (in PCars2) would be a thing so there would be more LMP/GT3/GT4 races (a la Nurburgring 24). And that didn't happen, so I had to adapt to multiplayer situation and now I'm in love with my Bentley :rolleyes:.