PDA

View Full Version : ESL stopped GO4 Cups. Is PC2 the problem?

tipostrano
29-01-2018, 16:23
With this annuncement:

https://forum.eslgaming.com/discussion/52077/go4-cups-come-to-a-stop#latest

ESL stopped PC2 weekly Cups. This news is really sad, but, more sad, is no one explain why they stopped Cups.
Is a ESL problem?
Is the lack of a stable base, for a fair e-sport racing experience, of PC2?
Someone knows more?

boris_s.
29-01-2018, 17:02
i bet its the buggy PC2 software... But, anyways, esl is arcade shit.

sas5320
29-01-2018, 18:22
Maybe this hack/cheat ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVHeZ776KTE

tipostrano
29-01-2018, 18:43
Mmm.. i don't think was so crucial, and almost everybody knows this, it's not a really a cheat, well....there are 2 default setups indeed...just a little on the exploit way

V3nom
29-01-2018, 18:54
The relative small league that I am racing in(10-16 people per race) witnesses problems every race of the week. Being it disconnects, problems with pit stops/strategies and more annoying issues.
I can't imagine how it must be for such a giant of a league.

AEIDOLONE
29-01-2018, 20:21
With this annuncement:

https://forum.eslgaming.com/discussion/52077/go4-cups-come-to-a-stop#latest

ESL stopped PC2 weekly Cups. This news is really sad, but, more sad, is no one explain why they stopped Cups.
Is a ESL problem?
Is the lack of a stable base, for a fair e-sport racing experience, of PC2?
Someone knows more?

Post #2 :D

https://play.eslgaming.com/projectcars/pc/news/274747

sas5320
29-01-2018, 20:40
The relative small league that I am racing in(10-16 people per race) witnesses problems every race of the week. Being it disconnects, problems with pit stops/strategies and more annoying issues.
I can't imagine how it must be for such a giant of a league.

ESL races are usually 8-12 laps (about 30 minutes) so do not require pit stops and I believe they are forced to default setups also and plain dry weather. This way the ESL races avoid many of the pitfalls/landmines rest of us deal with.

V3nom
29-01-2018, 20:52
Exactly this decision has been made for our next race and probably all the races in the future until this issues get fixed.
Now our crazy 80 minutes race, where pit strategies do play a big role, has now been in two 40 minutes races so nobody has to pit.
You'd think a racing game would have a working pit strategy/stop mechanic half a year after release.
Let's hope the next patch fixes something that is really crucial this time.

Project CARS Esports
29-01-2018, 23:06
Hello everyone.

As we have said before here in the forum, the default setup issue will be fixed in the next game update. However this is not the reason that the Sunday cups are taking a break

The cups are just taking a short break while the focus at weekends is on the A1 esports league for the time being. The Sunday Cups will return in the future.

Richardo1701
30-01-2018, 10:58
A1 esports league is just on the PC though isn't it? So where does that leave us on the Xbox and PS4 for the time been? Is there anything else in the mean time we can do ( other than regular online races that is) i.e any other esports events coming up I mean?

Project CARS Esports
30-01-2018, 14:22
A1 esports league is just on the PC though isn't it? So where does that leave us on the Xbox and PS4 for the time been? Is there anything else in the mean time we can do ( other than regular online races that is) i.e any other esports events coming up I mean?

The A1 league is on PS4 as well.

Sign-ups will also open soon for the next season of the Apex Online Racing (AOR) GT3 league, which runs on all three platforms and anyone can join in. We'll share AOR's sign-up links on our social media pages once they open up within the next couple of weeks.

Richardo1701
31-01-2018, 11:10
Hi thanks for the reply, I'm on the Xbox is it coming to that too?

ProDriver
31-01-2018, 11:33
Hello everyone.

As we have said before here in the forum, the default setup issue will be fixed in the next game update. However this is not the reason that the Sunday cups are taking a break

The cups are just taking a short break while the focus at weekends is on the A1 esports league for the time being. The Sunday Cups will return in the future.

That's awesome!!! Please allow fuel tank and tyre compound in the default setup issue. Moreover if you change for stable setup or also the possibility to choose stabe/unestable set up, would be fantastic as well.

Stewy32
31-01-2018, 21:14
Hi thanks for the reply, I'm on the Xbox is it coming to that too?

AOR is all 3,A1 is just PC & PS4 as far as AI am aware.

Richardo1701
01-02-2018, 09:51
Ah ok mate thanks for letting me know, think I need to get a PC, there is definitely more choice for sim racing on PC anyways, it's just the price of a decent system that is holding me back from purchasing one:confused:

satco1066
03-02-2018, 23:26
the most problem i've seen there were unstable p2p connections and incompetent hosts and some unfair drivers.
IMHO there should be a dedicated server for every session and an official person that does the setup of the server and is race director.
He could give penalties and warnings and kick rammers.
Especially in the qualification sessions there are people who kill the race for some.

i joined as spectator in the Go4Cup #13 Group7 Qualifier and captured the race.
0:52 CUL ramming VAR
1:31 CUL offtrack, no penalty
1.45 CUL pushes VAR from track
2:47 TRI looses control over car. IMHO this guy should not attend to such races
3:59 FOZ & TRI crashed. Don't know who triggered that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVX1EglFAJs

Stewy32
04-02-2018, 13:42
the most problem i've seen there were unstable p2p connections and incompetent hosts and some unfair drivers.
IMHO there should be a dedicated server for every session and an official person that does the setup of the server and is race director.
He could give penalties and warnings and kick rammers.
Especially in the qualification sessions there are people who kill the race for some.

i joined as spectator in the Go4Cup #13 Group7 Qualifier and captured the race.
0:52 CUL ramming VAR
1:31 CUL offtrack, no penalty
1.45 CUL pushes VAR from track
2:47 TRI looses control over car. IMHO this guy should not attend to such races
3:59 FOZ & TRI crashed. Don't know who triggered that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVX1EglFAJs

That sort of stuff is ridiculous.I think you can just about get away with being slow in a qualifier but you at least must be clean.

Morgenmuffel
06-02-2018, 09:21
Lol...thats an official ESL Race/Quali? Really??

Now i know why Pcars is/was "in" the ESl. Thaks for the explanation

D-Vibes
06-02-2018, 19:53
how can you say pcars 2 is buggy :rolleyes: the game works perfect... Ian says (irony off) :D