PDA

View Full Version : too much disconnection in MULTIPLAYER SINCE FRIDAY 26 JANUARY

badaboum820
29-01-2018, 16:23
Hi all,
Since friday, too much disconnection in multi player game, cost me more than 50 points that put a lot of time to regain, lost point without even racing

This remove, in addition to the points, the whole interest of investing in this game!!!!

Please do something!

bloozmahn
29-01-2018, 16:44
i haven't had a disconnect since i went back to windows 7

Balles
30-01-2018, 04:58
My washing machine broke last week while I was playing, SMS has to do something for that too ! As I have no connection problem, I suggest SMS fix the washing machine problem first please.
Edit : I can provide photos of the washing machine and other informations if it can help to fix.

badaboum820
30-01-2018, 18:58
all drivers in the lobby have lost points, don t be so smug Balls...

hkraft300
31-01-2018, 14:14
all drivers in the lobby have lost points, don t be so smug Balls...

I had lost >500 points lost before patch 3 from disconnects. My internet connection is very unstable.

Since patch 3 there has been adjustments to the algorithm, and now I lose very few points for a disconnect.

It’s not sms changing anything to cause more disconnects. You should speak to your internet service provider to improve your connection. Nothing sms can do about it.

Balls isn’t wrong. Your attitude invites such reactions.

Atak Kat
31-01-2018, 14:37
Yes me too. I as 1100 something and recently just got back to 1500 thanks to the patch.

I have seen some recent disconnects more than normal though. But in my case im pretty sure its psn related.

hkraft300
31-01-2018, 17:05
. But in my case im pretty sure its psn related.

Anti-SMS conspiracy theory: psn allocating bandwidth to GTS and chopping PC2 :(

badaboum820
31-01-2018, 17:09
Thank you for your constructive response, I found an answer like that wrong. I do not doubt that Balles is a good person, we are all bound by the pleasure that this game gives us. Event closed for me. Have some good days! :)

DubAyyys
31-01-2018, 17:22
The game uses a P2P connection and not dedicated servers. If you are using a router check your Nat type... Type 1 and Open is preferred for pCars2... if you are on Type 2 it can cause disconnects. Also, lower end routers as well. I have a wired connection from a gaming router and average 80mbps download speeds. Zero disconnects.

Balles
01-02-2018, 05:02
Thank you for your constructive response, I found an answer like that wrong. I do not doubt that Balles is a good person, we are all bound by the pleasure that this game gives us. Event closed for me. Have some good days! :)

Sorry if it felt wrong, I just highlight the fact that SMS can't do everything with a bit of humour. By the way, my washing machine is still broken :(, lots of hope with patch 4 :D !

davidt33
01-02-2018, 08:35
The game uses a P2P connection and not dedicated servers. If you are using a router check your Nat type... Type 1 and Open is preferred for pCars2... if you are on Type 2 it can cause disconnects. Also, lower end routers as well. I have a wired connection from a gaming router and average 80mbps download speeds. Zero disconnects.

I've been doing a lot of research since so many users have been complaining about disconnects, lags etc during the game....mainly on PS4 (which I am on), apparently being experienced with PC users too. Some have recommended for the PS4... assigning a Static IP and/or DMZ...I've also seen mentioned discussions re NAT type 1 and 2.
There has been mixed reviews especially with regards the NAT options. Some say NAT 2, being moderately protected is better for most games and advise against changing to NAT 1 as being "Open" connection and vulnerable to attacks should they occur so I am in a quandary as to what to do myself as the last thing I want to do is leave my system PS4 or whatever vulnerable.

I've been contemplating asking/having my ISP provider to configure the connection to/for my PS4 to DMZ (since they won't allow me to log in to their supplied router to do it myself but said they would do it for me from their end if I request) but wondering, all things considered, if it would be prudent to do so....what are the advantages/disadvantages.

Ole W
01-02-2018, 10:19
Sorry if it felt wrong, I just highlight the fact that SMS can't do everything with a bit of humour. By the way, my washing machine is still broken :(, lots of hope with patch 4 :D !

Maybe - just maybe - SMS may not be responsible for the many disconnects but they should still try to address the problem. First and foremost by eliminating the penalty which we receive to our Driver Licenses.
Secondly - since we have always had these sudden disconnects then they could try to implement a measure that keeps the racer in the lobby/race even during a short disconnect event.
There might be many solutions to this problem but your attitude certainly don't do the community any good.

Zaskarspants
01-02-2018, 11:02
Maybe - just maybe - SMS may not be responsible for the many disconnects but they should still try to address the problem. First and foremost by eliminating the penalty which we receive to our Driver Licenses.
Secondly - since we have always had these sudden disconnects then they could try to implement a measure that keeps the racer in the lobby/race even during a short disconnect event.
There might be many solutions to this problem but your attitude certainly don't do the community any good.

I am the community too and I laughed. Too many people, for reasons that lurk in the ether, are clearly anxious to blame SMS and post repeat quibbles.

Gysepy
01-02-2018, 12:26
Happening me now more that too often on Xbox also. I usually get an hour or so for racing each night if i am lucky, last few nights i have attempted to join lobbies with success, entered into the Pits for qualy session, loaded the setup and went out, the minute i got out of the pits i got disconnected form multiplayer session. Upon trying to join the same lobby again i just get connecting to multiplayer session window which never connects.

I was luck enough to actually get a good room last night, GT3 race at the Algarve with the Renault GT3 car. Put in a 1:46 to qualify second and kept it between the white lines. Anticipating the race start only to be placed back into the pit garage where i could not move, i could hear all the other cars getting ready for the start of the race and hear them accelerate to the first corner. Then bang you have been disqualified and i drop 100 points.

Thats enough MP for me on PC2 for now as all it is doing is leading to frustration. Sigh!!!

rich1e I
01-02-2018, 13:20

True, SMS could shift to dedicated servers to have better online stability, but I'm not in the business and I have no idea about the costs and overall details in a pro and con evaluation, so the thing I can do as a customer is accept the fact that they have decided to go with a peer to peer system. The reason why it can't be only the game is that many people have no problems with constantly being disconnected. If it's the game it must be the same for everyone, but it isn't. What we can do is make sure we have a low ping, that means that data packets can travel without too much delay from one console/PC to another, but this isn't enough. If there's 3 or more players in the lobby with a high ping (red bars) the exchange of data packets can't be guaranteed anymore. I think this is not the best for lobby stability.
Also, make sure you use a cable to connect your PC to the router, and the NAT has also been mentioned, so there's a lot we can do to avoid this. If you see many people with a high ping, leave the lobby or risk it and get mad after you disconnected again.
I'm not here to defend SMS or lick some a$$ (sorry for the vulgarity :p) but blaming everything on SMS got so old and is too easy, but that's what people do when they don't understand things: they simplify everything. The world is complicated, understand this and get over it! Rant over :D

Ole W
08-02-2018, 12:18
True, SMS could shift to dedicated servers to have better online stability, but I'm not in the business and I have no idea about the costs and overall details in a pro and con evaluation, so the thing I can do as a customer is accept the fact that they have decided to go with a peer to peer system. The reason why it can't be only the game is that many people have no problems with constantly being disconnected. If it's the game it must be the same for everyone, but it isn't. What we can do is make sure we have a low ping, that means that data packets can travel without too much delay from one console/PC to another, but this isn't enough. If there's 3 or more players in the lobby with a high ping (red bars) the exchange of data packets can't be guaranteed anymore. I think this is not the best for lobby stability.
Also, make sure you use a cable to connect your PC to the router, and the NAT has also been mentioned, so there's a lot we can do to avoid this. If you see many people with a high ping, leave the lobby or risk it and get mad after you disconnected again.
I'm not here to defend SMS or lick some a$$ (sorry for the vulgarity :p) but blaming everything on SMS got so old and is too easy, but that's what people do when they don't understand things: they simplify everything. The world is complicated, understand this and get over it! Rant over :D
I can't say that I disagree with you on this matter. Of course we have an obligation to do whatever is in our power to make sure that our connections are as stable as possible. But since these disconnects still occurs pretty offen then at the very least SMS should suspend the penalties we get to our Driver's licenses when we do suffer from a Disconnect.

rich1e I
08-02-2018, 12:38
I can't say that I disagree with you on this matter. Of course we have an obligation to do whatever is in our power to make sure that our connections are as stable as possible. But since these disconnects still occurs pretty offen then at the very least SMS should suspend the penalties we get to our Driver's licenses when we do suffer from a Disconnect.

As far as I know the penalty for leaving a lobby deliberately or by disconnect has been easened so you lose less performance rank points.

KANETAKER
08-02-2018, 13:16
While no longer lose 40 or more points as it was before patch 3, equal 20 or 25 points is still a considerable loss especially in higher skill levels where earning license points becomes more complicated as you increase your skill range, because if the difference with the other players in the room is huge or there are few players of rank close to yours, the point gain will be minimal or almost nil, but instead the loss of points (if you end up behind them) is growing.

I think that SMS still has to improve the system in the matter of knowing how to recognize when a player has VOLUNTARILY left the Lobby (during the race, put the Menu and click on the option "Register Session"), and when for some problem with the game server, PSN, Steam or the Internet provider are disconnected from the game ... The worst is when these involuntary disconnections occur just when you are doing a good race (winning points) or on the contrary you try to overcome a result adverse (minimizing losses).

The ideal would be to penalize only players who voluntarily leave a game, and not those who suffered an involuntary disconnection ... because in fact it does not make sense for someone to abandon a race while leading the game.

Another problem is the loss of points because of BAD LOSERS who participated as Host ... Some of them create games with parameters according to which they can win without any seriously rival, but as soon as another player manages to defeat him on the track, the Host kick him before the Impossibility to follow his pace or even after having failed in his attempt to block his overtaking or to throw him off the track. This usually happens more often in the last laps when the Host is already unable to stop the Race Leader by their own means. It is a very dirty way both to earn points and to avoid losing them ... and in their endeavor end up hurting the other player who unfairly ends up losing many points just for having been better than the Host.

rich1e I
08-02-2018, 17:51
If someone just pulls the cable it'd be also deliberately leaving a lobby without having to press the "button" the game recognizes as quitting.

KANETAKER
08-02-2018, 19:13
If someone just pulls the cable it'd be also deliberately leaving a lobby without having to press the "button" the game recognizes as quitting.
It would be an extreme and rare case (seen usually in other games such as Dota 2 or LoL) ... but the issue is that there are still points lost due to involuntary disconnection during a race, even if only 20-25 and not 40 points but depending on the case it is easy or difficult to recover the lost points. In my case to have exceeded the range of 1700 pts I do not earn as many points as I was when I had 1400 pts, mainly because I can not find lobbies that have a good number of players with ranges of 1600, 1700 or 1800+, and because almost no there are games with license points activated in the categories where I have a good performance; Unfortunately, most of the lobbies are from GT3 and entering them would mean for me having to lose points in a stupid way because I can not fight among the first 3 because I still do not have good race setups for the GT3, I only have TT setups that's not works fine in races (many people prefer not to share their race setups to not be defeated by other players.)

And to complicate things, in Steam most games are configured WITHOUT LICENSE POINTS, mainly due to all these problems and BUGS of the game, so many players prefer to avoid exposing themselves to those risks that are totally OUT OF THEIR CONTROL (no it is the same to lose points for having been defeated on the track by another player, to lose points when disconnected from the game while leading a race in a comfortable way and without any danger).

But the problem that there are many games without license points is not only due to errors in the game or connection, but also because of dirty players ... It seems that these players prefer to enter very often in games with License Points activated precisely because their goal is to annoy and ruin the races to other players and make them lose points, ramming them into the 1st corner at the beginning of a race or when they are reached by lap, they ram the race leaders ignoring the BLUE FLAGS. It also seems that as soon as they see that a player with a range much greater than theirs enters the room they automatically make it their MAIN OBJECTIVE since they know that that player has many points that they can lose, and in turn the other players can earn many points. simply finishing the race ahead of that unfortunate player. So the race becomes a butcher ...

Mad Al
08-02-2018, 21:08
It would be an extreme and rare case (seen usually in other games such as Dota 2 or LoL) ... but the issue is that there are still points lost due to involuntary disconnection during a race, even if only 20-25 and not 40 points but depending on the case it is easy or difficult to recover the lost points. In my case to have exceeded the range of 1700 pts I do not earn as many points as I was when I had 1400 pts, mainly because I can not find lobbies that have a good number of players with ranges of 1600, 1700 or 1800+, and because almost no there are games with license points activated in the categories where I have a good performance; Unfortunately, most of the lobbies are from GT3 and entering them would mean for me having to lose points in a stupid way because I can not fight among the first 3 because I still do not have good race setups for the GT3, I only have TT setups that's not works fine in races (many people prefer not to share their race setups to not be defeated by other players.)

And to complicate things, in Steam most games are configured WITHOUT LICENSE POINTS, mainly due to all these problems and BUGS of the game, so many players prefer to avoid exposing themselves to those risks that are totally OUT OF THEIR CONTROL (no it is the same to lose points for having been defeated on the track by another player, to lose points when disconnected from the game while leading a race in a comfortable way and without any danger).

But the problem that there are many games without license points is not only due to errors in the game or connection, but also because of dirty players ... It seems that these players prefer to enter very often in games with License Points activated precisely because their goal is to annoy and ruin the races to other players and make them lose points, ramming them into the 1st corner at the beginning of a race or when they are reached by lap, they ram the race leaders ignoring the BLUE FLAGS. It also seems that as soon as they see that a player with a range much greater than theirs enters the room they automatically make it their MAIN OBJECTIVE since they know that that player has many points that they can lose, and in turn the other players can earn many points. simply finishing the race ahead of that unfortunate player. So the race becomes a butcher ...

You can easily find a 1700 + lobby where the host can't kick you... start it yourself

KANETAKER
09-02-2018, 01:41
You can easily find a 1700 + lobby where the host can't kick you... start it yourself

I'm trying but apparently I have very bad luck ... or people do not enter my lobby because my game do not appear in the list of available games, or do not enter because they simply do not like the track and the category of cars selected (I do them Multiclass), or maybe it's the time of day that I can connect to play (East USA time zone) and the other players that like the WEC are sleeping or working. However, sometimes I leave my lobby to find the unpleasant surprise that there is another room created almost with the same parameters as mine.

Or... Maybe people know that I'm very good with the prototypes and maybe they do not want to enter a game where they know they can only fight for the 2nd position, while the dirty players know that the host can not be attacked since they will undoubtedly It will kick them, and the joke for them is to ruin the race to every player who is not the host... unless the victim is a friend of the host and then they are kicked after all.