PDA

View Full Version : more than one instance of a dedicated server?

bloozmahn
29-01-2018, 18:10
I can't find any guides or information on this.. do i just run a VM and steam is ok with multiple instances of a server on the same account?

Asturbo
29-01-2018, 18:13
It worked for me in PC1, but I don't test it already in PC2.
You have to use different ports for the two instances (edit the INI listening ports in second one). Obviously, you have also to redirect the new ports on your router to the private IP of your DS.

Asturbo
29-01-2018, 21:27
I forgot to say, that obviously the two instances must be in different folders.

When it works, you can use the RunAsSvc tool to start the DSs without login in the VM. To start/stop the DS you can do it from Control Panel / Services

bloozmahn
29-01-2018, 22:21
to be clear, do i need to run VM or no? just a new command prompt from a different folder?

i'll need to install to a diff folder or could i just copy my existing folder over, with the obvious tweaks to ports etc..

thanks!

Asturbo
29-01-2018, 22:26
No, both DS can run in the same machine (virtual or physical). No different machines needed.
I've 2 DS running in the same physical server. You can copy the folder of the original DS to another folder, change the ports in the INI, set the port redirecton in the router, and that's all.

bloozmahn
29-01-2018, 22:55
thanks!

cjohnrobin1
17-02-2018, 14:21
Hello,
A great answers from you and I am very thankful to you people such a wonderful answer from you.

Jetsun
17-02-2018, 14:35
May I ask here what are the system requirements for DS, same than that of the game or lower ?

Visceral_Syn
17-02-2018, 15:13
System requirements have never been specified, some information here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22370-Dedicated-Server-HowTo-(Work-in-Progress)

Asturbo
17-02-2018, 15:29
May I ask here what are the system requirements for DS, same than that of the game or lower ?
As Jetsun said, no official info, but much lower. I was using an old HP microserver (also TeamSpeak server) and works fine until last update*. No much CPU and memory usage, but avoid intensive traffic from other apps, antivirus or software firewalls to keep ping low.

*PS: After patch 4, a higher pings issue was reported. Waiting for a hotfix...

Jetsun
18-02-2018, 06:59
Nice thank you, then gonna make some tests in the coming year :)