PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled multiplayer / Sim Racing System feasible ?

SlowBloke
30-01-2018, 11:10
Would Project Cars 2 be feasible to work with SRS ?

I know they would need to develop their side - but would the Project Cars 2 API be able to support that ?

If not I think it would be really great if we have a Project Cars 3 that it would support that in game or allow SRS to work with it (assuming they are still going in a few years ofcourse).

I and I think a fair few others would really like scheduled races in addition to what we have now where its random and you hope there is a race you can join.

If its scheduled every hour or so I think it would concentrate people better as your able to plan within your own evening and be pretty much guaranteed a race at your convenience.

I would not be surprised if its one of the reasons AC numbers are so good still.

Mbondracing
26-02-2018, 14:24
Would love to know if this is possible. Scheduled racing would really enhance the online racing in project cars 2 especially as its 90% of what I do in game. Sadly because of my work schedule a lot of my race time is mid afternoon and it can be quite hard to find races worth joining!

Stewy32
27-02-2018, 16:30
The best we can do is set up our own on the forum.If this gets 40 likes I'll start work on a "daily lobby" list where someone will set up a lobby at a set time for people to join using a variety of content.

Mbondracing
27-02-2018, 17:45
I emailed SRS today asking if there was any interest on their part. The response was

“We are always interested in new sims for SRS.
Of course, advantages and disadvantages must be always taken into account. I believe it would require some opening from SMS”

If there’s a Dev reading this or a Mod who can contact any relevant Devs it may be good to open a dialog.

Spiderx
27-02-2018, 18:28
Even before Raceroom was worked on SRS i placed a thread here in the hopes someone would gather interest from SMS, it didnt :) lets hope they see it this time.

Echo_29
27-02-2018, 22:44
I would love scheduled races along side the current system, best of both worlds.

Mbondracing
27-02-2018, 23:00
Meanwhile I have reinstalled raceroom, also bought automobilista (50% off this week on steam) to see how this whole SRS thing runs. I’ve seen lots of positive comments though which makes me think it’s a good way forward for my online racing to be more consistent ( see my precious post re: Lack of racing time!)

Downside is that nothing else feels as good as pcars 2!

Mbondracing
04-03-2018, 10:19
Having done a few races now on R3E and Assetto on Sim Racing System I really think it would be a great addition to the online side of Project Cars. The structured races have made R3E really popular online again, and there always seems to be 50+ people signing up for each race and because of the safety ratings and punishment for no shows or bad driving etc the racing is really good.

https://youtu.be/iEtRguQrM7Q

Check out Gamermuscles video on it here.

Please please please Devs get in touch with SRS! I don’t want to play other Sims but online without any structure I’m kind of being forced to! League racing just isn’t an option for me!

nuGat1337
18-03-2018, 10:39
yes that would be a huge step for Pcars 2.
I never really played R3E before. Now bought the content and had a lot of fun with it.

Borrer0
19-03-2018, 20:01
I would love for SRS to be supported...or at least some system of official scheduled races
SRS is the reason why I currently play AC and R3E and not PC2

Mbondracing
19-03-2018, 22:01
I would love for SRS to be supported...or at least some system of official scheduled races
SRS is the reason why I currently play AC and R3E and not PC2

If AC and R3E were as good I’d play them more but Pcars 2 is just so much better for me. Would love scheduled races though!

Borrer0
20-03-2018, 00:30
If AC and R3E were as good I’d play them more but Pcars 2 is just so much better for me. Would love scheduled races though!

I can not say the same. Although I agree that PC2 has the potential to be my favorite racing game, however as it is today for me it is one step below the others because what I like is to be able to run easily in good races that do not be a chaos for the most part.

I do not want to say that in PC2 good races are not possible, but they are not easy to find:

We have two options ... you enter a room with the hope of having been lucky, or you join a community in a forum, you register if you're not already, you sign up for a league or tournament, you arrange schedules among all, etc. ...

All that..
In iRacing , the game does for you
In GT Sport, the game does for you
In AC, SRS does for you
In R3E, SRS does for you

Sorry about my english

Stewy32
22-03-2018, 18:40
Remember in GT Sport the races are all about 5 minutes long and you have all the stupid not actual GT cars and have GT3 races at a 0.25 (I belive) mile oval.

zedeeyen
23-03-2018, 06:01
I slightly prefer PCars to AC and R3E, but I'm playing those a lot more because scheduled, decent races is a far bigger deal.

fesiri
23-03-2018, 11:11
I only think SRS will be feasible in PCARS2 after dedicated server mess is ironed out.
Bugfree DS will be required for automated SRS to interact from the outside, setting up the races/whitelists and extracting the reports from incidents and race results.
Then it will be possible. And it would be the best in the market IMHO.