PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control and ABS

STaLLiOnO
30-01-2018, 12:03
When you go in to Car setup. I believe it's in the ECU menu. They both have 0-100%. What percentage is less? Example 20% of TC is what?

V3nom
30-01-2018, 12:06
1% TC is most TC possible. 100% means it's deactivated.
For ABS it should be the other way around.

Atak Kat
30-01-2018, 12:42
TC would be better labeled as Traction Control Slip
- I believe that it is basically the amount of tire slip that is allowed, before the traction control kicks in.
- so low % means that it will cut in very early and very quick. high % means that it will allow much more tire slip before it kicks in.
- So, it's opposite of what you might think.
- With GT3 cars, I find anything under about 10% is almost the same as no slip. Around 15-20% seems to allow some slip, but it's manageable and where I tend to run it. You can still get yourself into trouble though. Higher than that with a high power car is quite difficult for me to manage and gets me in trouble very fast.

ABS is more intuitive. The higher the %, the more ABS is working.

What I have not yet understood, is the seperate toggles for ABS and TC. The ones where you can map a button to while driving in car (I think also in the ICM you can adjust them).
On/Off is self explanatory.
But I recall there is also something like 'minimal', or 'high', or something like that which can be selected. I haven't understood if these somehow work in parallel with the setup screen values (%), and if so, how does that work. Or if they are just like pre-determined % that do exactly the same thing as what you adjust in the setup screens, we just don't know what % they go to?

Bealdor
30-01-2018, 12:55
What I have not yet understood, is the seperate toggles for ABS and TC. The ones where you can map a button to while driving in car (I think also in the ICM you can adjust them).
On/Off is self explanatory.
But I recall there is also something like 'minimal', or 'high', or something like that which can be selected. I haven't understood if these somehow work in parallel with the setup screen values (%), and if so, how does that work. Or if they are just like pre-determined % that do exactly the same thing as what you adjust in the setup screens, we just don't know what % they go to?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57967-New-behavior-of-traction-control-toggle&p=1434047&viewfull=1#post1434047

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57967-New-behavior-of-traction-control-toggle&p=1433542&viewfull=1#post1433542

Additionally: Episode 1: In-game Assists (https://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-insiders-guide-episode-1.html?lang=en)

Albertsen
30-01-2018, 13:00
1% TC is more than 100?? ... sigh. That makes absolutely no sense.

1% brake pressure isn't almost full brakes.
1% fuel left isn't almost a full tank.

Atak Kat
30-01-2018, 13:05
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57967-New-behavior-of-traction-control-toggle&p=1434047&viewfull=1#post1434047

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57967-New-behavior-of-traction-control-toggle&p=1433542&viewfull=1#post1433542

Additionally: Episode 1: In-game Assists (https://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-insiders-guide-episode-1.html?lang=en)

Bravo. Thanks a lot.

hkraft300
30-01-2018, 14:44
1% TC is more than 100?? ... sigh. That makes absolutely no sense.

TC adjustment is of the slip threshold.
1% = 1% tire slip allowed before TC intervention.
20% = 20% tire slip allowed before TC intervention.

Therefore 1% TC is maximum intervention. TC will only allow 1% tire slip and it will cut power when slip >1%.

msmith792
30-01-2018, 15:03
I and several folks have beat this to death already, but they really need to implement more realistic settings like a 1-12 for TC and a 1-12 for ABS like you see in most GT3/GTE cars.

Zenzic
30-01-2018, 15:08
I and several folks have beat this to death already, but they really need to implement more realistic settings like a 1-12 for TC and a 1-12 for ABS like you see in most GT3/GTE cars.

Are you talking then about when those assists intervene or by how much?

Albertsen
30-01-2018, 20:03
TC adjustment is of the slip threshold.
1% = 1% tire slip allowed before TC intervention.
20% = 20% tire slip allowed before TC intervention.

Therefore 1% TC is maximum intervention. TC will only allow 1% tire slip and it will cut power when slip >1%.

Okay, that makes sense.
But as far as i remember that's not how it's described in the game.

V3nom
30-01-2018, 20:24
For TC it's exactly described like that in the game. I asked the same question myself on the forum as I read the description in the setup menu of the game.

MJP
30-01-2018, 20:30

Are you talking then about when those assists intervene or by how much?

He just means the real cars tend to have a limited number of settings rather than the 0-100% we currently have and he'd like to see this in game. TBH 0-100% adjustment isn't really needed who actually finds much below 10% and above 20% useful anyway.

Albertsen
31-01-2018, 06:08
It still seems kinda backwards, compared to all other games on the planet. You don't measure how much air is in the tank, you measure the fuel.

To make sense of 0-100 without any confusion the setting should be called tyre slip.

Clarity is not the stongest points in this game.

I just stumbled upon this thread by chance... I wonder what other settings are odd.

(Like minimum field of view.)

hkraft300
31-01-2018, 06:33
... I wonder what other settings are odd.

(Like minimum field of view.)

World movement.

Bealdor
31-01-2018, 06:42
I wonder what other settings are odd.

Engine braking ;)

World movement.

World Movement 100 -> Only the outside "world" moves, not your car. How is that odd?

hkraft300
31-01-2018, 07:13
World Movement 100 -> Only the outside "world" moves, not your car. How is that odd?

I couldn't wrap my head around it because low setting gave me more "movement" but I wanted less.
Maybe I'm talking about the body/ car movement...
Brain fart again.

sbart_uk
02-02-2018, 01:41
Traction Control will always slow you down. Its best to turn it off and learn to drive without it. Your right foot is a much better traction control device than the game. The same with ABS although this is not as detrimental to lap time and abs on low can sometimes save you from a pretty critical error. In TT everything off. In a race situation have abs on low unless you are very confident on the brakes.