PDA

View Full Version : VIVE: Seating position not facing forward

StreetSpeeder
31-01-2018, 19:47
HI, Newbie Here! Rig constructed 2 weeks ago, so I do not have everything down...

I am having some issues with the cockpit position not facing forward in the car. When the game starts it is almost never centered where it should be.

-I have recalibrated the Room Setup in SteamVR and switching to Standing/Seated Calibration with my Sim Rig facing in the right direction, and this work well until I start PC2.
-I have PC2 setup to re-center automatically at game start, but can be off as much as 90 degrees from where expected.

Is this a VIVE or PC2 issue?

Thanks in advance.

Vic Flange
31-01-2018, 19:57
HI, Newbie Here! Rig constructed 2 weeks ago, so I do not have everything down...

I am having some issues with the cockpit position not facing forward in the car. When the game starts it is almost never centered where it should be.

-I have recalibrated the Room Setup in SteamVR and switching to Standing/Seated Calibration with my Sim Rig facing in the right direction, and this work well until I start PC2.
-I have PC2 setup to re-center automatically at game start, but can be off as much as 90 degrees from where expected.

Is this a VIVE or PC2 issue?

Thanks in advance.
Turn off all the auto re-centering options. Define a button on your wheel to the Re-Center VR option. Press that button when in the car.

That works for the Rift but I see no reason why it wouldn’t for the Vive.

VelvetTorpedo
31-01-2018, 20:10
Turn off all the auto re-centering options. Define a button on your wheel to the Re-Center VR option. Press that button when in the car.

That works for the Rift but I see no reason why it wouldn’t for the Vive.

I use a Vive and I've done the exact same thing. Works great.

StreetSpeeder
01-02-2018, 01:23
Great! I'll give that a shot...

Thanks everyone...

StreetSpeeder
02-02-2018, 12:18
Ok...Confirmed!

I couldn't find the VR Centering option at first...

Thanks again.