PDA

View Full Version : Disconnect disconnect disconnect

Jever
01-02-2018, 06:33
When will this be fixed!!!!

Please please fix.
Every race we have in our 2 Championship are ruined by disconnects. Help us with a solution.

And we are not alone, can we see by the threads on the topic

Jever
Danish Sim Razers

drathuu
01-02-2018, 06:56
As in everyone is disconnected from the dedicated server ? or peer 2 peer, some random individuals disconnect ? You will need to be more concise in your diagnostic for people to help you.

I note you have PS4 - Is the PS4 Version through Sony server connection to each other or does it do p2p ?
If its random users disconnecting, are they on wired or wireless connections ?

Some details might help.

Jever
01-02-2018, 07:07
Every one is wired. Its random disconnects!

Last races 2 full lobbies, both host was disconnectet at the exactly same time. Until 2-3 Weeks ago, we didnt have a single one.

I think the PS 4 is P2P. But i dont know for sure.

Jever
01-02-2018, 07:08
We are losing people to GT sport and iracing.

Sankyo
01-02-2018, 09:11
Until 2-3 Weeks ago, we didnt have a single one.

There hasn't been a change in the game in the past 2-3 weeks, so these disconnects haven't come from something that changed in the game.

Jever
01-02-2018, 09:56
So every tread here, and in the commentary on Facebook, in the posting from project Cars, is things happing randomly?

It was a issue in project cars 1 at a time to. Then they admitted and fixed it to perfection.

V3nom
01-02-2018, 10:24
The host of our league race yesterday got a disconnection too. This has happened since the game released. Every now and then someone gets a random disconnect.
But I must say that to me personally, I think it has never happened or at most it only happened once.

Jever
01-02-2018, 13:17
There hasn't been a change in the game in the past 2-3 weeks, so these disconnects haven't come from something that changed in the game.

Some of the same people play GT sport with non disconnect. And we never had issue in Assetto Corsa either.

Do you have a solution maybe, that we can use?

Donnced
17-02-2018, 09:34

I really don't know what is going on.

But there's a problem for sure that should be investigated by the team.

I've got the disconnect from the server problems since the launch of the game, now on patch 4.0 it's the same.... Track loads, 15-20 seconds after it disconnect...

I don't have any problem with pcars 1 or other games...

And I go with an 100mb connection..

It's really becoming frustrating because I just want the game for online racing

Pisan777
17-02-2018, 16:22
I’m on x box 1 x and it started happening 2 weeks ago too. Where are u located?

Sum Dixon-Ear
18-02-2018, 00:21
I used to suffer continual disconnects years ago on Xbox 360 with Forza, while other players were just fine, and nothing I did with port forwarding or any other router settings would make any difference whatsoever.

It was after I realised that I had a sub-standard router that everything changed. I swapped my crappy ISP provided unit for a decent Netgear and voila... not one problem occured afterwards, not one.

I'm certainly not implying that this is the issue that is plaguing you or others, but that cheap router was the cause of all of my connection issues.

Donnced
18-02-2018, 11:08
I used to suffer continual disconnects years ago on Xbox 360 with Forza, while other players were just fine, and nothing I did with port forwarding or any other router settings would make any difference whatsoever.

It was after I realised that I had a sub-standard router that everything changed. I swapped my crappy ISP provided unit for a decent Netgear and voila... not one problem occured afterwards, not one.

I'm certainly not implying that this is the issue that is plaguing you or others, but that cheap router was the cause of all of my connection issues.

A friend came with his ps4 and a copy of pcars 2,conected to my router and 0 problems....

I conected my PS4 and my copy of the game again... And suffering desconections from the server every single attempt, enter lobby, choose car, enter track and after loading... 15 - 20 seconds after "you are disconnected from the server"...

Up to SMS now to look into the issue....

I will wait until patch 5 to see if they improved network /net code /stability or what ever the problem is.

Otherwise I will have to sale the game, because I practically only play online on racing games

ShneebnaMRR108
18-02-2018, 14:34
A friend came with his ps4 and a copy of pcars 2,conected to my router and 0 problems....

I conected my PS4 and my copy of the game again... And suffering desconections from the server every single attempt, enter lobby, choose car, enter track and after loading... 15 - 20 seconds after "you are disconnected from the server"...

I will wait until patch 5 to see if they improved network /net code /stability or what ever the problem is.

Otherwise I will have to sale the game, because I practically only play online on racing games

Good trouble shooting swap out technique, sorry it is still bad for you.

Dave White
19-02-2018, 09:16
I always seemed to get disconnected once or twice when I first went online each session, but then it tended to work OK after that. A couple of weeks ago I started getting continually disconnected a minute or two after joining a lobby; sometimes I'd get out of the pits or part way round the first lap, but never more than that.

After trying a wired connection instead of the usual wireless, and checking my internet connection wasn't dropping (without success), it finally occurred to me to try my old non-Pro PS4 and that has worked perfectly ever since - not a single disconnection.

Since patch 4 was imminent I decided to wait and see if there was any improvement on my PS4 Pro, but sadly there isn't.
Now I don't know if the problem is PS4-Pro-related, or just "different PS4 related", but still with patch 4 my old PS4 works perfectly without disconnections, but on my PS4 Pro I get disconnected regularly.
There's no other difference - they're both on the same network (PS4 pro tried both wired and wireless, PS4 normal only tried wireless as that works fine) and using the same wheel and TV.

If there is any more detail I can provide for the development team please let me know - I'd really like to get back to playing PC2 on my PS4 Pro so that the old PS4 can go back upstairs. Since there's no crash here there's no automated reporting for this issue.

ShneebnaMRR108
19-02-2018, 17:10
Excellent data !!!!

Dave White
23-02-2018, 08:36
Has anyone from SMS acknowledged this issue?

I've seen several threads about it and I don't recall seeing any acceptance that it's a real issue, just questioning users' connections etc.

Each time I've tried my PS4 Pro online in the last few days (just to confirm the issue in my head, not with any great hope that it will have magically fixed itself) I've been disconnected before I got out of the pitlane, and in between I've done multiple online races on my normal PS4 in the exact same setup without a single disconnection.

iggy
16-04-2018, 13:19
I had this happen to me AGAIN ( it's happened to me personally probably 3 or 4 times while trying to compete in a race series online )...

I've seen it happen at least as many times to others. That is, while participating in races online ( a series / regular event with the same group of people ), where others are disconnected and can't get back in and the race was either totally abandoned because of so many people disconnected, or delayed for 30 minutes or more while the host tried to get things ready to go after dealing with their own disconnects.

Now , if I read some of the comments in this posting, it may in some way be tired to particular Playstation devices, as opposed to a individual's network connection(s).

I personally only have one PS4, but I do have two separate internet providers to my home, so I can switch back and forth if need be. At one point, I thought that one of my internet providers was a little more reliable and I could sometimes seem to be able to get past some disconnect problems by switching to my other provider. However, this weekend I was getting disconnected , regardless of which internet provider I was using.

Either way, this issue is really really annoying. It makes participating in group events that are part of a series , a major pain. I'm darn near ready to chuck all my participation is series , because of this whole issue.

effinjamie
16-04-2018, 21:18
Tried a dozen online matches tonight, every time, You have been disconnected from the multiplayer session!!!,

Daz555
17-04-2018, 11:06

I wonder if the issue could be related to the PS4 itself then as your swapout suggests the PS4 could be a component in the disconnection issues.

It is so odd that some players have such serious connection issues and others are completely fine.

yeyotn
19-04-2018, 14:26
Hi everyone. Here at south america it's really bad to make an online lobby cause there're many disconnections. Really i don't know the issue cause. Tonight i joined public sessions with 16 people driving, and no LAG, no disconnection from anyone! Now, if i want to make a private session with friends from here, everyone with good connections, cable direct to the modem, etc. etc.. more of 5 people in the lobby it's really an adventure and one or two ever are going to be disconnected, also the LAG problem with cars going around the track in "slow-mo".
Does anyone know how does the system really works? I read that it's a P2P connection, and there's no importance if i make the lobby room, or another player with worst connection does make it, because after the players are joining, the connection it's going to be shared between all.
Anyone had better results with some magical solution?

thanks a lot !

ShneebnaMRR108
22-04-2018, 15:34
After so much of this that and the other work around's. One league I participate in was a success SAT night. No DC's and no CTD's. It ain't pretty, but it can be done.

Cladandadum
23-04-2018, 20:57
Ventured online tonight, having given it a rest for a couple of months after 5 out of six disconnects. Unfortunately, it's just more of the same, 5 more disconnects in six attempts to actually complete a race.

I'm beyond frustrated as I have good internet. This doesn't happen with any other online game i have.

Sum Dixon-Ear
23-04-2018, 23:26
Ventured online tonight, having given it a rest for a couple of months after 5 out of six disconnects. Unfortunately, it's just more of the same, 5 more disconnects in six attempts to actually complete a race.

I'm beyond frustrated as I have good internet. This doesn't happen with any other online game i have.

That's strange.. I'm on virtually every night in all kinds of lobbies and can't remember the last time I was discoed. Is there a possibility that it's down to your router settings/ISP perhaps?

I'm on BT fibre to cabinet 75Mbps and have used the provided Homehub 6 and now a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with absolutely no issues, I only replaced the Hub 6 as it was having issues with UDP lag from the game.

Cladandadum
25-04-2018, 16:25
That's strange.. I'm on virtually every night in all kinds of lobbies and can't remember the last time I was discoed. Is there a possibility that it's down to your router settings/ISP perhaps?

I'm on BT fibre to cabinet 75Mbps and have used the provided Homehub 6 and now a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 with absolutely no issues, I only replaced the Hub 6 as it was having issues with UDP lag from the game.

I considered hooking up to BT tower but the local electronics store doesn't have a long enough cable. Checked my settings again and all is ok. I will continue to persevere with single player, which is still enjoyable. Thanks anyway.

Sankyo
27-04-2018, 20:12
I considered hooking up to BT tower but the local electronics store doesn't have a long enough cable. Checked my settings again and all is ok. I will continue to persevere with single player, which is still enjoyable. Thanks anyway.
I don't really understand what you wrote here - are you saying that your PS4 is connected to the Internet through WiFi?

Cladandadum
29-04-2018, 07:09
I don't really understand what you wrote here - are you saying that your PS4 is connected to the Internet through WiFi?

The subtlety of my humour can get lost in translation.

Yes, my PS4 is connected via wifi. I don't want to become a moaner, so I've given up on multiplayer as there is no guarantee that I can even finish a qualifying session, let alone a race without getting disconnected. 13 attempts, 1 completed race. Most of the time I didn't get as far as the actual race.

It's a real shame, as I now really want to test myself against others, rather than racing against ai exclusively.

I have never had any problems with other multiplayer games, other than PC2. I recently bought GT Sport just so that I can play multiplayer without disconnects. This can't be right because PC2 is the best racer i have ever played (i date back to ridge racer) etc.

Fifamaxim123
29-04-2018, 09:26
Iím having the issue that whenever I join a lobby I get kicked out after a lap of sometimes immediately. I canít race online now on project cars 2 and itís really annoying! Iím having cable internet and a ps4.