PDA

View Full Version : Pitstop issues

Foofer37
01-02-2018, 14:37
Can someone tell me how to setup multiple pitstops in a race where I can change from say dry to wet tires and then back to drys again? It seems you can only choose one pitstop per race. Currently, if I set up a single player race with multiple weather slots I'm stuck with my pitstop choice and can't change once the race starts.

I haven't heard of any updates to the game other than DLC so I wasn't sure if SMS was done with this title and was moving on.

Fight-Test
01-02-2018, 14:57
Can someone tell me how to setup multiple pitstops in a race where I can change from say dry to wet tires and then back to drys again? It seems you can only choose one pitstop per race. Currently, if I set up a single player race with multiple weather slots I'm stuck with my pitstop choice and can't change once the race starts.

I haven't heard of any updates to the game other than DLC so I wasn't sure if SMS was done with this title and was moving on.

Not real sure if I totally understand what you are saying but you can save as many pit strategy as you want and pick them while in race through the strategy interface (forget technical name for it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzYw-nPs-LQ pretty sure Yorkie covers it in this video.

Atak Kat
01-02-2018, 15:03
Yeah you have to set two strategies, basically.
One to fit dry tires.
Second to fit wet tires.

You can choose the first pit strategy when you start the race. Then, your first pit-stop will do that strategy.
Then, while driving, you'd need to change to the 2nd pit strategy. You can do this in the ICM (I think it's called), where you have to navigate through a simple menu and then activate the 2nd pit stop. A bit tricky to do while driving, but once you're used to it you can usually do it at some point where you're on a long straight so you don't end up crashing.
Same thing if you want to go back to the other pit strategy for the 3rd stop. You have to do it in-car.

Foofer37
01-02-2018, 19:43
Thanks for the help. Videos are great. Does anyone know if better pitstop implementation will be added? Like a pitstop popup that pauses the game or something like this?

AbeWoz
01-02-2018, 20:18
pitstops and ICM unlikely to change.

Foofer37
01-02-2018, 20:47
I can't get the ICM to work. I hit the correct button mapped on my T150 but it doesn't pop up. I remapped and tried again. Nothing

hkraft300
02-02-2018, 13:12
... you can save as many pit strategy as you want and pick them while in race through the strategy interface (in car management or ICM).

HTTP://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzYw-nPs-LQ pretty sure Yorkie covers it in this video.

FTFY

Yeah you have to set two strategies, basically.
One to fit dry tires.
Second to fit wet tires.

You can use the same strategy.

Through ICM select adjust strategy and choose wet/dry tires.

Foofer37
02-02-2018, 13:32
FTFY

You can use the same strategy.

Through ICM select adjust strategy and choose wet/dry tires.

Well, I'm unable to try this as I can't get the ICM to come up. Is there another way to launch it? Other than a mapped Wheel button?

AbeWoz
02-02-2018, 14:00
Well, I'm unable to try this as I can't get the ICM to come up. Is there another way to launch it? Other than a mapped Wheel button?

you can try mapping it to a USB keyboard.

Are you mapping all 5 ICM functions?

Foofer37
02-02-2018, 16:41
Yeah, but the button (I didn't realize) to open the menu to begin with was not mapped. So I mapped it to the keyboard and now I can navigate the ICM.
Problem now is, when I come into the pits (I've selected switching to wets pit strategy) they have wet tires sitting there, but they don't change them?! What the?

Foofer37
02-02-2018, 16:56
I think I figured this one out. In the pit strategy, under tires it was set to recommended instead of All. So, now it works.