PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars 2 Time Trial Bug

KrypticTMG
01-02-2018, 19:34
I don't know why but for some reason every time i load the game up and jump into TT it never loads my setups and when i try and exit the session it just gets stuck on the exit tab and i have to keep restarting the game over and over again until it finally loads my setups its extremely annoying at this point never use to happen when i had a normal PS4 but since i got the PRO its just constant. Is there anyway around this issue.

BionicBacon
06-02-2018, 06:07
I'm having the same issue on a standard PS4.

BionicBacon
06-02-2018, 09:36
I might have found a fix if you're still having this issue.

The easiest thing to try first is to start the game and go to Private testing, or career, or an AI race and do some racing/laps there. I went to private testing with the track and car I wanted to time trial and built a setup or used one available and tweaked it. Then raced a few laps and tweaked a bit more, more laps. Then close that session. Now try TT and see if your setup from private testing is in the load screen.

The other thing I did, and I did this first before the private testing part, so I can't actually say which worked to solve the issue, or if they both did. But, go into your data management and go to delete. It brings up all your game data. Select Pcars2 and it brings up a list. Go through and delete all of the ghost recording files. After this I restarted the console from the power options (press and hold PS button). After it restarted, I started the game, did the private testing phase, then went to TT, and everything was working as it should. Even save a couple new setup edits and that worked, too.

Hope that helps you.

KANETAKER
06-02-2018, 12:22
Although the following is a problem different from the original post, I think it is necessary to report it since it has to do with this same modality of Time Trial:

The last time I tried in that game mode was in October or November, and it was not until a couple of weeks ago that I returned to try to improve my times in some circuits, taking advantage of the fact that now I have better settings and more experience than start of the game; but .. I noticed something very frustrating and negative that I do not know if it is a BUG or if it was a change implemented in the last PATCH but that was NOT notified in the CHANGELOG:

I understand that in the Time Trial Mode both the environment and the track are in permanent optimal conditions to achieve the best lap times and maximize the full potential of a car that is not possible in both singleplayer and online multiplayer (especially at races with mechanical failures, tire wear and fuel consumption are enabled).

But from there only the fuel consumption is disabled. On the other hand the mechanical failures are enabled, which is an ERROR, and personally I do not remember that before the patch 1.3.0.0 there were mechanical failures enabled. I realized this detail when trying to improve my personal record in LeMans with the Toyota TS040 ... only after the 1st lap the engine changed from green to yellow (losing efficiency and about to blown up) when before that did not happen and I could keep turning after lap trying to beat my times and that of other ghost cars. But now ... by having to use a setup that prevents the motor from overheating, it prevents me from even reaching my own PREVIOUS time record ...

It is not assumed that TT should be disabled mechanical failures and tire wear? It is very frustrating that for now only in the Online and Singleplayer races modes can I improve my lap times, but in Time Trial I can not improve them because of that aspect.

As last references: (green = good, red = bad)

- My record in LeMans with the TS040 in TT mode before patch 3.0.0: 3:17
- My record in LeMans with the TS040 in race mode before patch 3.0.0: 3:20

- My record in LeMans with the TS040 in TT mode after patch 3.0.0: 3:19
- My record in LeMans with the TS040 in race mode after patch 3.0.0: 3:17

While I am happy to have improved my performance in the race (which is where it matters most) I can not hide my frustration at not being able to improve my records in TT mode, since one in online racing can boast of being one of the 5 or 10 fastest players in the world with the TS040, but in TT I do not appear in the top 5 or 10 but much further back ... in 16th place.

rich1e I
06-02-2018, 12:43
I don't think enabling mechanical failures in general is an error. Now people can't close brake ducts and radiators anymore to gain extra speed on straights. Also downshifting too quickly to reduce braking distance is not possible anymore without sending your engine to a distant galaxy.

KANETAKER
06-02-2018, 13:02
I don't think enabling mechanical failures in general is an error. Now people can't close brake ducts and radiators anymore to gain extra speed on straights. Also downshifting to quickly to reduce braking distance is not possible anymore without sending your engine to a distant galaxy.

Why can not I even improve my previous time record despite having a better setup than the previous one I used? And in both cases are settings that had closed the radiator ventilation ducts and the brakes.

Before November I could do the amount of laps as necessary to improve my records, now I only have the 1st lap to try it because on the 2nd lap the engine goes from green to yellow, and that prevents me from improving my lap record, because It is after the 1st lap that a full turn can be made at full speed by having the brakes at optimum temperature and the KERS of the LMP1 fully available. But the engine not being in optimal conditions prevents me from improving my lap time at the TT Leaderboard.

Even on Daytona Road during a race session I was able to set a lap of 1:27.1 which could make me the 2nd fastest player on that circuit with the TS040 (behind THR_Operator with 1:25), and in the 1st fastest if that time was in TT Mode (currently there is another player with 1:27.8 in TT), but due to the problem of the overheated engine in the 2nd round it prevents me from reaching the 1st place since a yellow engine can not yield 100% and much less exceed 320 km / h at Daytona.

rich1e I
06-02-2018, 13:10
If we want more realism then having mechanical failures on is the logical consequence. No unrealistic settings like closed radiator anymore, but leaderboards should be reset imo.

cpcdem
06-02-2018, 14:40
I don't think enabling mechanical failures in general is an error. Now people can't close brake ducts and radiators anymore to gain extra speed on straights. Also downshifting too quickly to reduce braking distance is not possible anymore without sending your engine to a distant galaxy.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. In almost all tracks (except for the very large ones), you can easily completely close the radiator and do a lap or two like that, just fine. You can not do more, because the engine overheats, so the only thing that this change in patch 3 (?) did, is to force us to only run 1-2 laps in time trial, then restart, repeat. That is if you're hunting the last few tenths that closed radiators give, of course.

In my opinion, this does not make sense, so I think that in time trial damage should be turned back off. Similarly with tire wear, what's the point of having tire wear/engine damage etc, if you can simply restart after each lap and reset to optimal conditions? And if you argue it's for realism, then think about fuel, in TT we have a constant amount of fuel, 5 liters for as many laps as you want. TT is a special game mode, it's not like a race qualifying where of course such things should be done realistically.

I would also like to see radiators take out of the game, this is a setting that causes so much design trouble like that. Or limit the allowed values you can put it to, for example allow only 70% to 100%, do not allow 0% as it is now...

rich1e I
06-02-2018, 16:16
Unfortunately it's not that simple. In almost all tracks (except for the very large ones), you can easily completely close the radiator and do a lap or two like that, just fine. You can not do more, because the engine overheats, so the only thing that this change in patch 3 (?) did, is to force us to only run 1-2 laps in time trial, then restart, repeat. That is if you're hunting the last few tenths that closed radiators give, of course.

In my opinion, this does not make sense, so I think that in time trial damage should be turned back off. Similarly with tire wear, what's the point of having tire wear/engine damage etc, if you can simply restart after each lap and reset to optimal conditions? And if you argue it's for realism, then think about fuel, in TT we have a constant amount of fuel, 5 liters for as many laps as you want. TT is a special game mode, it's not like a race qualifying where of course such things should be done realistically.

I would also like to see radiators take out of the game, this is a setting that causes so much design trouble like that. Or limit the allowed values you can put it to, for example allow only 70% to 100%, do not allow 0% as it is now...

TT could indeed be treated as a qualifying lap, so SMS only needs to turn fuel depletion on. Why not? I actually don't care much about TT for obvious reasons on console.

cpcdem
06-02-2018, 17:20
TT could indeed be treated as a qualifying lap, so SMS only needs to turn fuel depletion on. Why not? I actually don't care much about TT for obvious reasons on console.

Because, again, turning fuel depletion on, would simply just cause us (who like TT a lot) to do always single laps, then restart etc. It would offer absolutely nothing, just some additional minor annoyance. It's the nature of TT that's different from qualifying and of course it's not for everybody, but I think that for those of us that do care about it, it should be made more straightforward, not requiring more user workarounds to properly use it.

I do feel for you console guys, though, regarding TT limitations, wish there was a way to overcome those.