PDA

View Full Version : dedicated server not present in list but is present on steam server

Tsurugi
02-02-2018, 15:31
I do not know why but on the dedicated server we have in Germany in the tool list not from "project cars 2 dedicated server" and trying to install it from steam by timeout error then I installed it from steamcmd with my credentials, I configured the "server. cfg "checked the ports on the firewall (they were already open for project 1) and launched the dedicated, apparently everything works and through the web interface I make the various settings, then I look for it in steam, view server and find it, I try to join it and he asks me for the password (set by me), I enter the password and does not load anything, so I'm going to look in the server list inside the game and I do not find it !!! ... I read around that it could be a bug ..... same procedure on my pc and everything works, someone knows why?

bloozmahn
02-02-2018, 18:05
try without a password, and don't use the web interface for setup, it's not reliable.

m00lean
02-02-2018, 20:42
Project Cars doesn't load the complete server list. Sadly you have to refresh the list until it shows up. More often than not it's faster for me to restart pcars. Doesn't make sense, but that's what it is :/.

Tsurugi
02-02-2018, 23:55
Project Cars doesn't load the complete server list. Sadly you have to refresh the list until it shows up. More often than not it's faster for me to restart pcars. Doesn't make sense, but that's what it is :/.

I do not think this is the problem if I put the same server.cfg in my computer and launch the dedicated server, then I immediately see it in the list, also because the test I did early in the morning when with that track dedicated servers just 4, but the same configuration file from the home computer works and from the server no !!! ... correctly opened ports and server displayed in the steam server list.

bloozmahn
03-02-2018, 01:11
it will show in server list even when it's not visible to everybody

Tsurugi
03-02-2018, 11:17
it will show in server list even when it's not visible to everybody

ok, but I do not understand why, is it a bug in the game or is there any mistake on my part in the server.cfg? do you pass me a working and visible base server.cfg? is there any trick to use in the name with special characters? there is no way to directly enter the server ip as you did in the old rfactor? so this game is stressful

Tsurugi
03-02-2018, 16:05
same .cfg file from my computer (home) is ok ...from server (pc in germany) start and not visible ....
in the home computer I buy the game, while in the server I only installed the dedicated server without buying the game, can this be the problem?

screenshot for server make from my pc work good

this is screenshot for server ...firewall open but server not present in game list

Visceral_Syn
03-02-2018, 16:35
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55698-Troubleshooting-Project-CARS-2-Dedicated-Server

Tsurugi
04-02-2018, 12:21
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55698-Troubleshooting-Project-CARS-2-Dedicated-Server

this is not my problem, this discussion does not hit anything

Irreversible
08-02-2018, 18:18
We had the same issues for some drivers on our dedicated. No solution for now^^ maybe they will finaly patch it^^

Tsurugi
10-02-2018, 00:16
patch relased, problem not solved, incredible !!!

pastranario3
26-07-2018, 13:19
patch relased, problem not solved, incredible !!!

The same thing happens to us, was there a solution?