PDA

View Full Version : Auto Start Engine

RacerBoot
04-02-2018, 20:05
Is the NO feature not working, or does it only apply to some situations?

P1 it was some tracks but those same tracks are now with engine running.

Thanks

Invincible
05-02-2018, 07:28
Is the NO feature not working, or does it only apply to some situations?

P1 it was some tracks but those same tracks are now with engine running.

Thanks

The Auto Start Engine is mostly for when you've stalled the engine. So when you spun out and stalled the engine, with auto-start it will restart the engine after 1 - 2 seconds, whereas it won't automatically restart when you set it to "off".
I don't think it affects if your engine is on when you're sitting in the pits, ready to drive out.

Keena
05-02-2018, 16:40
I hope the ability to sit in the pits engine off comes in at some stage.

repsol23
05-02-2018, 16:47
I know with auto clutch off, I can stall engine and sit in the pits. But I think I get one of those "retire in xxx seconds" when I do so. Been some time since I have done this and I can't quite remember for sure.

Keena
05-02-2018, 17:47
Yeah. It would be nice for immersion to be able to turn the engine off and view setup, timing screens etc, then fire up and go. Slightly different to just stalling because every time you want to go back to pits, it starts the engine for you. An autostart if you will ;) Ah Well, little things..

Drizute
06-02-2018, 15:08
Yeah. It would be nice for immersion to be able to turn the engine off and view setup, timing screens etc, then fire up and go. Slightly different to just stalling because every time you want to go back to pits, it starts the engine for you. An autostart if you will ;) Ah Well, little things..

Assign a button for "ignition" you can turn the engine off, re toggle ignition and either hit the gas or use the start button (also Assigned) and you can drive off.
I have auto ignition off in my settings.

Keena
06-02-2018, 21:55
Assign a button for "ignition" you can turn the engine off, re toggle ignition and either hit the gas or use the start button (also Assigned) and you can drive off.
I have auto ignition off in my settings.

Nice idea. Does it work while you're in the pit menu, changing setups?