PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid the ones that do not brake?

rtimmermans
05-02-2018, 13:36
Hi,

I'm racing online for a long time now, did lfs, iracing, pcars, raceroom and now pcars2. It's good the have quick race offline but since a couple of weeks I'm doing it online. After those weeks my conclusion is that there are to much people that don't brake, don't play fair and think the race is won in the first corner (even the first 5m :-)). Those people are really annoying me and pushing me back to iracing. (stopped because it was to expensive and to difficult if you don't have a lot of time to practice (2/3 h per week).

My question is, how can I avoid the online lobby with those people? Is it better to join a league? (how does it work??)

wesker6664
05-02-2018, 13:45
Hi,

I'm racing online for a long time now, did lfs, iracing, pcars, raceroom and now pcars2. It's good the have quick race offline but since a couple of weeks I'm doing it online. After those weeks my conclusion is that there are to much people that don't brake, don't play fair and think the race is won in the first corner (even the first 5m :-)). Those people are really annoying me and pushing me back to iracing. (stopped because it was to expensive and to difficult if you don't have a lot of time to practice (2/3 h per week).

My question is, how can I avoid the online lobby with those people? Is it better to join a league? (how does it work??)
Of course the best option for you would be to join a league (there are many threads about that) but personally i like the challenge of public multiplayer... you never know what's going to happen, forcing you to adapt and react quickly to any situations. For clean racing you want to join a server where the letter is not "U" as it's the place where most of those rammers should be stuck due to their behaviour ...

eracerhead
05-02-2018, 13:50
It’s an unfortunate part of racing with new drivers. Some solutions may be:
1) don’t run in lobbies that are below your own skill level.
2) be prepared to let others through at the first corner, and overtake them later
3) brake lightly and early for the first corner so those behind naturally avoid you
4) take an alternate line so you’re out of the majority of traffic
5) if all else fails, flip your lights on 50m before the brake zone, to give the impression that you’re braking

rtimmermans
05-02-2018, 14:59
Of course the best option for you would be to join a league (there are many threads about that) but personally i like the challenge of public multiplayer... you never know what's going to happen, forcing you to adapt and react quickly to any situations. For clean racing you want to join a server where the letter is not "U" as it's the place where most of those rammers should be stuck due to their behaviour ...

I probably will check out a league.

Thanks!

hkraft300
05-02-2018, 15:47
I will touch the brake very early (80-100 meters early!) Before the brake zone when there's a lot of traffic behind me close and battling for position in the first few corners.
The aggressive, impatient drivers see this as an opportunity to pass me, so they usually try to go around thinking that I'm an easy mark.
Usually I will concede a few places but, the cars attempting to pass don't realise there are cars ahead of me and there's not a lot of space to maneuver, so they crash. I might lose a position or 2 in the brake zone but I'll gain at least 2 positions on exit.

Also the early braking gives you time to slow enough and avoid the crashes in front.

rtimmermans
05-02-2018, 16:01
I will touch the brake very early (80-100 meters early!) Before the brake zone when there's a lot of traffic behind me close and battling for position in the first few corners.
The aggressive, impatient drivers see this as an opportunity to pass me, so they usually try to go around thinking that I'm an easy mark.
Usually I will concede a few places but, the cars attempting to pass don't realise there are cars ahead of me and there's not a lot of space to maneuver, so they crash. I might lose a position or 2 in the brake zone but I'll gain at least 2 positions on exit.

Also the early braking gives you time to slow enough and avoid the crashes in front.

Yeah, did that already but yesterday someone just crashed into me at the bus stop in Spa (last chicane). He did not even touch his brake I assume because I was about 3 seconds in front of him.
He said that he did that because I touched him while passing. I was 2s per lap quicker and I waited long enough to pass him and when I did he closed the door while I already passed him!

There will always be such drivers but I think pCars need to address this properly. Crashing without braking -> DQ.

Miker
05-02-2018, 16:03
Start at the back of the grid and watch the carnage unfold in front of you.... you may not win as many races but typically you will still end up in the same vacinity of track to those on a similar pace and will still get some good racing in...

hkraft300
05-02-2018, 17:41
There will always be such drivers but I think pCars need to address this properly. Crashing without braking -> DQ.

I agree. I think it's a good idea - high speed delta impact without braking = instant DQ.

Atak Kat
05-02-2018, 18:09
Yeah, this is tough, and already lots of good comments.

For T1 carnage, I also try to get to the far outside, or far inside of the corner if I sense problems. Even if it means taking the grass. Usually the carnage will be on the track, and if you can get to the curbs, you stand a chance of survival. When going into T1 on the race start, be a bit gradual in your slow down and hopefully the guy behind reacts. It's the sudden braking that they don't expect and then boom. If you coast in, or gradually slow down, you likely will lose some ground, but the chance of avoiding the rear-ender is much better.

As for normal racing, it depends on what I've been able to observe up to that point in the race. If the guy is a bit wild, I just have to give way and hope that they overshoot. If you don't, they take you out. If you do, then at least you got a chance. If they pull it off, well bloody good for them. There's more corners to get it back. But if you crash, there's no more corners.

Mahjik
05-02-2018, 18:23
It’s an unfortunate part of racing with new drivers. Some solutions may be:
1) don’t run in lobbies that are below your own skill level.
2) be prepared to let others through at the first corner, and overtake them later
3) brake lightly and early for the first corner so those behind naturally avoid you
4) take an alternate line so you’re out of the majority of traffic
5) if all else fails, flip your lights on 50m before the brake zone, to give the impression that you’re braking

To add to this list, don't join a GT3 race at Monza. ;)

ATSS
05-02-2018, 21:27
Sadly there are almost only u100/off license lobbys. But if u can find D or higher ranked its can be pretty good. Be cautious at every race start and dont trust anyone, look for alternative lines to avoid the direct dive bombers.

One D lobby story: Once my feet slipped from the brake and almost hit the guy at full speed in front of me (imola downhill backstraight - though braking point even with brakes haha) but i rather crashed out badly than hit him directly..
Later he asked me what happened and thanked that i not hit him.
Surprise surprise he was A ranked, and we had a good and fair fight for laps until that bad moment.

Balles
09-02-2018, 06:21
I agree. I think it's a good idea - high speed delta impact without braking = instant DQ.

I'd like it too but the algorithm could be a nightmare to do. Think about a car going off track and go back unsafe and hit an other car at full speed, this would DQ the wrong guy. It would also give another unfair way to ram people, going low speed waiting for the pack, some are already doing that.