PDA

View Full Version : STOP MAKING NON SAFETY RATED LOBBIES AND SERVERS !

bloozmahn
05-02-2018, 16:33
For all the complaining about how terrible the multiplayer is i rarely see safety rated servers ...

i certainly have issues with how SMS has/is handling multiplayer but it seems the community is completely missing the point of safety ranking.

i'd rather race with 7 grown ups than 5 grown ups combined with ten idiots.

the only way it works is if people are penalized by being unable to join lobbies because of their behavior.

RobPhoboS
05-02-2018, 16:47
Yep, all I see are unrated or 'U' - we really need a filter (especially on the consoles as we can only see about 20 servers that have 80% of the time incorrect info) for this, and it would be good to have filters for the other classes.
Anyway, I presume that's what you meant ? :D

When I make a lobby it tends to be C although in the last few weeks nobody has joined me and I get bored of waiting after 5 mins.

Once again, dedicated servers would be great but I doubt we'll get them :(

V3nom
05-02-2018, 17:33
The design of the lobby searching system is in my opinion incredibly flawed and simply put it has been made without an ounce of logic. It baffles me when I think that the devs that have thought of so many details, have also created in my opinion such a disastrous lobby system.

bmanic
05-02-2018, 17:40
It's indeed pretty bad. I think there's no denying it. I wish we had a lot more options for the filtering and searching/sorting in general.

RobPhoboS
05-02-2018, 17:49
I hope they'll get there because it's such a great game !

V3nom
05-02-2018, 17:52
It's quite funny when you think of it. Who had the idea on the filters?
The ones we have right now are completely useless.

Herege
05-02-2018, 18:17
The community adapts to the game, as long as there are no well thought out solutions. I've been noticing that more servers have come up with the license off, and you do not have to think too much why. One of the reasons is that a lot of people are not about to lose license ratings, but at the same time they want to play, so it was the solution found. Nothing I was not expecting. When I do server, I start with the letter E, do not do it for less, and it has not worked badly.
Then it all depends on the player, some play daily, take it more seriously, others are occasional, and are basically active at the weekend, and are not even worried about the license ...

Worse than not having active classification, are the options chosen on the server, for example there are no penalties, ghosted vehicles On, and other important details.
An unrated server, and with the penalties turned off, run away from it.

Rodgerzzz
05-02-2018, 19:34
A Safety rating filter would go a long way to getting the actual clean racers into the same lobbies. At the moment a list of 20 random lobbies makes is difficult to find the ones you really want to be involved in.

RobPhoboS
05-02-2018, 19:40
A Safety rating filter would go a long way to getting the actual clean racers into the same lobbies. At the moment a list of 20 random lobbies makes is difficult to find the ones you really want to be involved in.

And it seems if you refresh it for 15+ mins it doesn't do that properly, so something their end isn't releasing that info?

bloozmahn
05-02-2018, 19:55
put the rating in the title ...

Glasnost
05-02-2018, 20:19
Wanna know a great way to find clean online racing? CanAm VRL! Great bunch of clean guys of all speeds .. we do serious racing series to fun and casual drop in lobbies. Highly recommended if you're in the right time zone (U.S/ Australia NZ)

ATSS
05-02-2018, 21:10
And it seems if you refresh it for 15+ mins it doesn't do that properly, so something their end isn't releasing that info?

Yeah its pretty bad, sometimes i refresh it 3-4 times and everything is the same

nono782
05-02-2018, 21:24
I won’t make an other thread, but I have to write it as you did here :

STOP MAKING GT3 LOBBIES AND SERVERS !

Thank you, I feel better

RobPhoboS
05-02-2018, 22:24

Thank you, I feel better

I love gt3 cars but it's dull as dishwasher seeing about 17 out of 20 that are gt3, or were gt3 but it's changed when you joined :D

Balles
06-02-2018, 06:06

Thank you, I feel better

Wich translates to STOP PLAYING for half of the community. Nice comment.
Stop playing what you like the most doesn't mean that you'll play what you doesn't.

V3nom
06-02-2018, 06:23
It's sad that such booring cars are the most popular.
I guess most of the people have been brainwashed into always taking the easy road.
Now this is a nice comment. Right, Balles?

Balles
06-02-2018, 06:28
I guess most of the people have been brainwashed into always taking the easy road. Now this is a nice comment
Well no, you should get off your high horse and promote other classes instead of such comments.
The majority doesn't have to adapt to the minority, the minority does. It's just facts.

Shepard2603
06-02-2018, 06:46
STOP SHOUTING IN THIS FORUM! MAKE YOUR OWN LOBBIES! JOIN A GROUP/LEAGUE YOU CAN RACE WITH!

...drops mic

Glasnost
06-02-2018, 07:21
So let me get this straight... this a thread for you guys to complain and vent about lack of clean safety rated lobbies that only run gt3.

Well I guess in all your frustration and anger to vent you skimmed right past a league thread looking for clean drivers for a V8Super car series.

If you guys sit around complaining about the "state of public lobbies" yet fail to actually change anything yourself, like join a league or join a series (and not just the one Im advertising; there are heaps of league's and series looking for drivers) then nothing is going to change.

Worried you're not fast enough for a league? Doubt it... my league has a whole bunch of skill levels and speeds, everyone is welcome. The community is fantastic and if you want to learn to setup/tune a car you'll get so much help you won't know where to start. (Seriously some of knowledge is insane)

Can't make "official" league season or prefer casual races... whelp guess what.. their is a metric tonne of casual drop in races/events being held by the league outside of the official series...including "third pedal Thursday" hell ones even called the "fun league"

The only thing you guys need is a clean racing attitude no matter what your level, our league will cater for you and work with you to make you a faster, cleaner and smarter sim racer.

Be the change in the Pcars2 community you want to see.

http://www.canamvrl.com

MartinMWWebb
06-02-2018, 08:52
Seriously.. if you dont like them, dont join them and create your own there is nothing stopping you from doing so. if you create it people will join.. if not well there is always single player

RobPhoboS
06-02-2018, 09:39
Glasnost:
I can't do 'league's' or whatever it is. I can't commit
specific times to computer games.
And if you read what I suggested too, you'll see it's not just complaining at people, there are suggestions that would help greatly if there were ways of implementing them by SMS.
I'll take a look but the last time I did for one of these things, it's just not possible for me.

Glasnost
06-02-2018, 11:12
Glasnost:
I can't do 'league's' or whatever it is. I can't commit
specific times to computer games.
And if you read what I suggested too, you'll see it's not just complaining at people, there are suggestions that would help greatly if there were ways of implementing them by SMS.
I'll take a look but the last time I did for one of these things, it's just not possible for me.

Like many people we all have lives outside of gaming, work, family, school etc. And thats ok.
a league isn't just a "strict schedule of organised races"
The league I run with are constantly jumping online and racing together when we see each other online, often 5-10 people at a time will come and go as they jump on for a quick race or two while they have spare time. Creating a public lobby of 5-10 guys who you know are clean and up to race just about anything makes massive difference to the online experience.

I highly recommend it. If offers great banter on discord and always helps when you've got a host you can trust will kick the rammers. :)

Joining a league really helps this game fullfil alot of its potential.

RobPhoboS
06-02-2018, 11:38
Are you guys UK based Glasnost ?
And I just remembered, we don't have cross platform racing ability (yet) as I'm on the One X (I know many others are PC).

Jetsun
06-02-2018, 11:39
The majority doesn't have to adapt to the minority, the minority does. It's just facts.

Well, it really depends on the context...

Glasnost
06-02-2018, 12:17
Are you guys UK based Glasnost ?
And I just remembered, we don't have cross platform racing ability (yet) as I'm on the One X (I know many others are PC).

Sadly No mate, I'm Australian and the league is North American based.
However I know there are several UK based leagues out there that play on multiple platforms. There is a league directory sticked in the top of the multi-player forum I believe.

bloozmahn
06-02-2018, 16:41
it's a general discussion type post. i know there are leagues out there. the point is people need to realize it won't get better unless people making the lobbies (peer to peer, dedicated is hopelessly broken at the moment and SMS obviously doesn't care) change what they are doing.

i always make safety rated lobbies and virtually 90% of the time i get a few drop ins and they leave after a few mins, usually because i prefer cars that are older and challenging tracks.

people are mostly all talk and prefer to worry about their rating instead of learning a new track or car.

Jetsun
06-02-2018, 16:48
i prefer cars that are older and challenging tracks.

can you name a few combo you would recommend for me to start with? i want to start to explore a bit beyond Formula Rookie, Clio Cup and Ginetta G40...

bloozmahn
06-02-2018, 18:23
can you name a few combo you would recommend for me to start with? i want to start to explore a bit beyond Formula Rookie, Clio Cup and Ginetta G40...

this is what i run on my dedicated, at least i try but SMS doesn't care enough to fix their software but anyway...

V8 supercars at long beach
touring cars at Brno
group c at lemans
group 5 at donnington
gto at nurb gp
gt1 at watkins glen
lmp1 at daytona road
Group C at barcelona
lotus 49c at rouen short
group a at red bull gp
Group 5, hockenheim middle
formula rookie at brands hatch indy

the vintage touring class is a blast as well, the old camaro, mustang and nissan. generally like running them on medium sized tracks.

i don't hate gt3, i just find them kinda boring to drive. i love vintage open wheel stuff but basically any car that requires more driving and less point and shoot tactics. and get over it gt3 lovers.. i'm not saying you suck, you just lack imagination LOL

cpcdem
06-02-2018, 18:33
V8 supercars at long beach
touring cars at Brno
group c at lemans
group 5 at donnington
gto at nurb gp
gt1 at watkins glen
lmp1 at daytona road
Group C at barcelona
lotus 49c at rouen short
group a at red bull gp
Group 5, hockenheim middle
formula rookie at brands hatch indy

So you have 12 different classes cycling, with some of those cars being power monsters/very difficult to drive. If many regular people start joining this server, isn't it almost certain that races will quickly become wreckfests?

Apparently yourself you like those classes/cars, so I assume you have put a lot of practice in them, so they are fine for you. But I don't think you can expect a lot of people to be familiar with the 40 or so classes the game provides..Personally I would like to race with some of those, but first I want to do some practice with them to become familiar and also I want to know that others have done the same thing, so we can have good races where we can trust each other in our lines, braking points etc. With 12 different classes I think this is very difficult. If it was 3-4 classes cycling, it would be much better in my opinion.

Btw, please don't take this as a rant or similar, it's very nice that you and anybody else cares enough about providing something to the community, just pointing out a couple flaws, just in my opinion of course.

bloozmahn
06-02-2018, 21:22
actually my semi-regular saturday races run largely the same stuff and we rarely have incidents. if you try a few (assuming you have a wheel) you'll find you become a much better driver and it's actually much more enjoyable to drive the car rather than let it drive itself. i'm not trying to appeal to the largest possible audience as most of the time it bores me to run gt3 @ spa or monza, or LMP @ lemans all the time.

give it a shot. nothing wrong with being slightly out of control. the vintage open wheel classes are absolutely a blast to drive, and they sound like cars instead of the super efficient modern machines we race today. they are masterpieces of engineering, but they lack character to me. you'd be surprised at how well you can control those older cars once you get used to a little bit of movement here and there.

plenty of GT3 lobbies out there for those that want that type of thing.

and isn't the entire point of sim racing is that it's challenging?

if that's not true we could all play forza or need for speed and forget all about realism!

bloozmahn
06-02-2018, 21:25
and i do get your point, i've actually tamed it down a bit as initially i had day/night transitions and weather in many of the races. I like to be challenged.

but honestly, racing is racing and a good driver can pretty much drive anything you throw at them. fast guys will be fast regardless of what they sit in.

also i only race in VR and i think i forget that much of this stuff doesn't hold the same allure when it's just on a 2d screen, but ... i dont' care LOL

Herege
06-02-2018, 21:36
Try underrated cars! choose one that you are more curious or try all, try different tracks to understand which better suits you, or type of driving. You will see that you will be surprised. Open horizons.

cpcdem
06-02-2018, 21:47
I am on a wheel and on a 23'' monitor and I also like those cars. I don't have much experience with them, but in the little I had for practice and TT with a few of them (one was the Capri, also one of the lotuses), I enjoyed them a lot, was also competitive enough.

But that does not mean I feel comfortable to drive one among other 10 or more people and manage to keep it clean, I need much more practice for that. Yeah, nothing wrong going out of control when you're alone, but in a race this can easily ruin everybody's fun..although I realize crashfests can be fun, too :). But they are not for me, I hate it when I ram other people and I don't like others doing that to me, either.

bloozmahn
06-02-2018, 21:53
that's the core of racing is to figure out when to take risks. be cautious, but push the boundaries. nobody in my group gets upset about honest mistakes, crashes are just a part of racing. all the greats stuff it into others or the wall at one time or another *cough* vettel, verstappen*cough* but to be in traffic with these types of cars roaring all around you is really pretty incredible.

while i take it seriously, i don't take it so seriously that it keeps me from pushing the limits and i honestly don't worry about my skill rating, i'm A rated in safety and that wasn't very hard to get either. just drive sensibly.

watch real racing, unless you're talking about BTCC where they're insane, most racing is relatively conservative if you want to finish and win.

cpcdem
06-02-2018, 22:02
Well, nothing wrong with different tastes, but what I like is clean racing, the occasional bump is ok, but crashes I can't stand them (also in the cases when I cause them). I don't like the attitude of Vettel or Verstappen, I am a fun of Kimi, nice guy with more respect to others..(although this attitude hasn't brought him forward enough :))

bloozmahn
06-02-2018, 22:06
double post

bloozmahn
06-02-2018, 22:10
well, you're welcome to join me and others this friday for another in our ongoing series of weekend races. they are casual and friendly, certainly competitive but not too serious as fun is the main objective.
https://www.facebook.com/events/173798109904183/

rich1e I
06-02-2018, 22:54
You totally forgot the awesome Group 4 M1 Procar. I'd also use RL car/track combos, so instead of running V8 Supercars at Long Beach you can run them at Bathurst and take Indycars to Long Beach for instance. They also run at Watkins Glen.

Just a few suggestions:

V8 Supercars - Bathurst
Indycars - Long Beach/Watkins Glen/Sonoma/Laguna Seca
Stockcar - Watkins Glen/Sonoma
Group 5 - Nürburgring GP/Laguna Seca/Le Mans
Group 4 - Zolder/Hockenheim/Donington Park/Silverstone/Monza/Azure Circuit
Group C - Le Mans/Spa/Fuji/Monza
GTOs - Daytona/Long Beach/Laguna Seca
LMPs - Spa/Fuji/Nürburgring GP/Silverstone/Monza/Le Mans/COTA/Nordschleife
Group A - Zolder/Nordschleife/Donington Park/Sakitto

GT4s are fun everywhere, so is the Ginetta GT5.

cpcdem
06-02-2018, 23:08
well, you're welcome to join me and others this friday for another in our ongoing series of weekend races. they are casual and friendly, certainly competitive but not too serious as fun is the main objective.
https://www.facebook.com/events/173798109904183/

Thanks for the invite! Problem is the time is too late for me (I'm in Europe), but if I'm still awake, will join you for a fun race.

bloozmahn
06-02-2018, 23:33
You totally forgot the awesome Group 4 M1 Procar. I'd also use RL car/track combos, so instead of running V8 Supercars at Long Beach you can run them at Bathurst and take Indycars to Long Beach for instance. They also run at Watkins Glen.

Just a few suggestions:

V8 Supercars - Bathurst
Indycars - Long Beach/Watkins Glen/Sonoma/Laguna Seca
Stockcar - Watkins Glen/Sonoma
Group 5 - Nürburgring GP/Laguna Seca
Group 4 - Zolder/Hockenheim/Donington Park/Silverstone/Monza/Azure Circuit
Group C - Le Mans/Spa/Fuji/Monza
GTOs - Daytona/Long Beach/Laguna Seca
LMPs - Spa/Fuji/Nürburgring GP/Silverstone/Monza/Le Mans/COTA/Nordschleife
Group A - Zolder/Nordschleife/Donington Park/Sakitto

GT4s are fun everywhere, so is the Ginetta GT5.

well i originally had procars at hock, but the effing dedicated server was giving me grief with the vehicle codes (provided by SMS) so i switched to something that i knew worked already. same with the long beach, originally it was indycars but i couldn't get it to work. i think i've solved it but no matter what i do it rains in the dedicated server, so i've set everything to WRX class for the time being.
but i will make note of your list and try to keep things a little more historically accurate. although i do like some combos that never happened just because i like the car/track class. group 5 at red bull ring is pretty good, as well as donington.

rich1e I
07-02-2018, 12:22
Some classic cars goodness <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXfJi7psjuY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3blM3fPel7Q

bloozmahn
07-02-2018, 13:53
m1 procar is one of my faves, i'd love a race that's BOP'D with F40, 959, and M1s !

that's actually a thing i'd like to see is specify individual cars in multiplayer so we can match up things with a BOP option.

Herege
07-02-2018, 18:59
Love the M1 :love_heart:

bloozmahn
07-02-2018, 19:03
we need the sound from raceroom for the M1!

ScoobyDave
07-02-2018, 20:51
Gt3 racing is fun - when not racing with wreckers. Not sure the point of buying PC2 and then just ruining everyone elses race.
I dabble with other classes once I've practiced enough to feel I can compete with drivers around my current skill level(S1571).
It's not a perfect system, but avoiding anything below safety level E has improved my enjoyment of the game as well.
As mentioned on here before, most people have a real life outside of a video game - I have 2 kids, a wife and a full time job. I race for fun but I'm competitive. If someone comes up my inside to overtake, I don't turn into Madmax and try and ram them.
Unfortunately, this being a game, there are no REAL consequences for such behaviour. I drive a Subaru Impreza in real life and get my kicks going on Sunday morning drives through the countryside with 'enthusiasm'.
I understand the consequences of crossing that line.
Maybe to ensure proper racing, it should be a prerequisite for players to own a REAL driving licence, have had both their balls and voices drop and actually have a life outside of the game ;)
Hey, just an ol dogs opinion ;).
I'll have fun either way.

D

DubAyyys
07-02-2018, 21:02
What or how did games such as Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, and rFactor2 get involved with SRS (SimRacingSystem) on pc? I'd love to see the site and race scheduler adopt pCars2 as a sim they utilize as well. After playing hundreds of hours on pCars2 on ps4 I switched to PC because I knew of a great league but it was only on PC. I now race every Wednesday in 45 minute races. Great right... well now I'm kind of spoiled and want more great races for longer time frames such as SRS hosts. Without any hope of pCars2 finding it's way there I've found myself headed back over to Assetto Corsa and thanks to SRS' site I can find safe, trusted, and high quality free mods. Tough really, because I was all in for pCars2 and I've done nothing but support them. Wishful thinking perhaps.

Herege
07-02-2018, 21:09
For example, people who do not look at mirrors when they change positions are a recurring factor in real life, and often with less happy endings. In competitions, and in particular in games, the same thing happens. If they do so in real life, they are in big trouble.

bloozmahn
07-02-2018, 21:29
come on down guys! we race fairly regularly and always need more grownups!

racing this friday and saturday !
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2405597529664944/?ref=bookmarks

Luke Townsend
09-02-2018, 23:27
What or how did games such as Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, and rFactor2 get involved with SRS (SimRacingSystem) on pc? I'd love to see the site and race scheduler adopt pCars2 as a sim they utilize as well. After playing hundreds of hours on pCars2 on ps4 I switched to PC because I knew of a great league but it was only on PC. I now race every Wednesday in 45 minute races. Great right... well now I'm kind of spoiled and want more great races for longer time frames such as SRS hosts. Without any hope of pCars2 finding it's way there I've found myself headed back over to Assetto Corsa and thanks to SRS' site I can find safe, trusted, and high quality free mods. Tough really, because I was all in for pCars2 and I've done nothing but support them. Wishful thinking perhaps.

I'm a massive fanoby of PCars1 and 2 but I'm playing AC more these days due to SRS. PCars missed a trick not including scheduled racing with all the different cars they have. Bored of GT3 on the public servers and if you setup a lobby with anything else then no one joins. SRS solves this. Just about all sims have scheduled racing nowadays except PCars which is a big shame. All the effort to make an amazing sim but lacking that playability feature for people wanting to do multiplayer without joining a league.

ECT CHEF
10-02-2018, 19:42
I'm a massive fanoby of PCars1 and 2 but I'm playing AC more these days due to SRS. PCars missed a trick not including scheduled racing with all the different cars they have. Bored of GT3 on the public servers and if you setup a lobby with anything else then no one joins. SRS solves this. Just about all sims have scheduled racing nowadays except PCars which is a big shame. All the effort to make an amazing sim but lacking that playability feature for people wanting to do multiplayer without joining a league.

Call BS on starting a room with something different. The main reason more lobbies are not open to other car and track combos is because the person not familiar with a setup may actually get beat or not have a chance, hence no other lobby combos are made. This past Monday I made a lobby with the Super Trofeo cars at Dubai and had close to a full room consisting of 20 people. Sometimes some might have to bite there ego so they can enjoy other combos they just may find interesting.

bloozmahn
10-02-2018, 23:53
gotta mix it up! 180 cars in the game :D

Johnnypenso1
12-02-2018, 15:19
Call BS on starting a room with something different. The main reason more lobbies are not open to other car and track combos is because the person not familiar with a setup may actually get beat or not have a chance, hence no other lobby combos are made. This past Monday I made a lobby with the Super Trofeo cars at Dubai and had close to a full room consisting of 20 people. Sometimes some might have to bite there ego so they can enjoy other combos they just may find interesting.Unfortunately one anecdote does not a trend make. I've only been actively playing for about a month and have about 45 races online under my belt on pc and I can say for a near certainty that it's extremely difficult to find a decent sized room (5+ drivers) that isn't GT3. Only once in a while do I see anything different and it's mostly Touring Cars, single make GT3 and a smattering of other types of cars. I've never seen anything but GT3 to my recollection with 10+ drivers. And it's the same handful of tracks over and over, the traditional sim favourites like Monza, Spa etc. Rarely do you see Catalunya, Hockenheim, Dubai, COTA or many of the other fine tracks in the game. It's the same in Assetto Corsa as well in the public lobbies so it's not like it's anything to do with this game it's just a sim racing thing. Given a choice people will usually choose what's comfortable and familiar. The only way around that is to take the bull by the horns and invest time and money into things like SRS or scheduled dedicated server races with alternatives. People will race Clios if they see them pop up in server lists on a regular basis because it then becomes worth their time to invest in learning to drive and tune them. As it is now, why would you spend a couple of hours trying to get familiar with a new car just so you can race it online once a month when a server actually pops up that features that car? Most people won't it's just the nature of the beast.