PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me with a general problem

DAS.Zentrum
05-02-2018, 18:11
Hi there.

I could need some general setup advice.
I have a general cornering problem. Shortly after turning into a corner I suddenly loose my cars rear
and end in a heavy oversteering.
Could this be a suspension related problem ?
Im getting this problem again and again with different cars but the most often with the Vulcan.

Thanks for your help and advices.

Kind regards !

AbeWoz
05-02-2018, 18:33
could be a multitude of things. differential, brake bias, braking points, engine braking settings, suspension

Matt York
06-02-2018, 09:08
Engine Braking is usually the main culprit for me. If you increase the Engine Braking value, you mean the effect weaker meaning it won't slow as much in the corners, but increasing this a few notches usually makes the car way more stable when coming off the brakes and turning in when in the lower gears.

JuZ
06-02-2018, 12:16
Engine Braking is usually the main culprit for me. If you increase the Engine Braking value, you mean the effect weaker meaning it won't slow as much in the corners, but increasing this a few notches usually makes the car way more stable when coming off the brakes and turning in when in the lower gears.

Same for me too

DAS.Zentrum
06-02-2018, 14:07

Thanks for this tip, I will give it a try. And maybe I should think about just breaking a little bit more early to get through the corners more smooth.

ShneebnaMRR108
06-02-2018, 14:27
Is the Engine Braking in any way related or tied into the actual pedal braking applied, or just the engine rev?

AbeWoz
06-02-2018, 14:36
engine rev

DAS.Zentrum
06-02-2018, 15:30
Just got another question with something strange I saw yesterday while driving.
In long, full speed corners, I saw tire smoke coming up in my rear view mirrors but I don't know where it comes from ?!

AbeWoz
06-02-2018, 15:54
In long, full speed corners, I saw tire smoke coming up in my rear view mirrors but I don't know where it comes from ?!

visual bug. reported and should be fixed in patch 4

DAS.Zentrum
06-02-2018, 17:21
Ah ok, just had the fear that my driving skills are really that bad :sorrow:

Mon Pavion
06-02-2018, 18:20

Yeah its a bug. You'll notice it isnt there in replays.

Also, like mentioned above, if you are losing the back end as you coast through the turn it is probably an engine braking issue. Engine braking will upset the chassis taking weight off the rear wheels. Turn up the value to lessen the effect (a bit counter intuitive).

If you are losing the back end as you get back into the throttle, it could be a differential problem. Differentials are pretty complicated in this game. Do some research online for a guide and read the description in the in-game setup screen. Usually I start with adjusting Power Ramp.

And finally there is always the race engineer. Tell him what is happening via the suspension menu. They usually recommend changes to the anti roll bar for this general situation.

Shogun613
07-02-2018, 12:56
Engine braking is one of the things I always adjust in every car. The default value (1) is way too strong. Personally, I like it at about 4 or 5.

Franco Ferrari
08-02-2018, 09:22
Engine braking to the max for me, on all RWD cars.
That's one of the few things I always change in the setup.

The car will consume more fuel as a result, obviously... but I have never lost a race by having a few litres of fuel in excess in the tank.
I do have lost more than one race, though, by having the car hitting too many tyrewalls, when I left the default engine braking value.

DAS.Zentrum
14-02-2018, 14:59
Well i figured out that my main problem is me not hitting the right breaking points ... now I just try to break a little bit more early and it seems to work out well.
This combined with some help of the race engineer helps me to drive more constant.