PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I pit?!

CassielLight
07-02-2018, 00:05
Okay, Formula A race at COTA, I try to go in for a pit stop (I have Auto pits set), crew is out with fresh tires, no penalties on me.

The AI briefly turns toward the pit box, then "corrects" itself, and proceeds through pit lane without stopping.

What's going on here?

CassielLight
11-02-2018, 22:08
An update:

Having gotten (AHEM!!) no response from the community, I decided to switch off tire wear, since that appeared to be my only option short of simming the race.

So, after finishing the race, and completing a cooldown lap, I pit in...and AGAIN get waved off. The AI took over, did one more cooldown lap, and tried to come in. AND EVEN THAT GOT WAVED OFF.

YRTR: the AI pit crew waved off my AI overridden driver, ON A COOLDOWN LAP.

Something's got to be wrong here, no?

davidt33
11-02-2018, 22:31
What pit stop setting did you have assigned at the time?

CassielLight
12-02-2018, 00:12
Full Auto, Default pad controls. It might just be a COTA thing, I'm thinking.

Should know soon enough: next race is Brno, one of my favorites, and one where I'm not quite as brutal on the tires. COTA is just... :dread: Don't get me started on THAT collection of random turns.

hkraft300
12-02-2018, 00:17
Set manual pit.

Some tracks have pit #1 too close to the entrance and the AI miss it.

CassielLight
12-02-2018, 02:46
Oh, lovely. Is there a list of which ones?

And is that going to be patch material at some point?

hkraft300
12-02-2018, 04:01
Oh, lovely. Is there a list of which ones?

And is that going to be patch material at some point?

Don't think anybody has compiled a list yet but there are individual mentions of it.
With continual improvements to AI I guess the devs might look into it. It would help them if players keep reporting it so they know where to look.

In the mean time, use manual pits if you don't want to avoid pit stops mid-race.