PDA

View Full Version : Physics Mistake?

Namus777
07-02-2018, 18:52
hey i have something different with project cars 2. Becourse many cars can not do a powerslide!

If we push the throttle full in a corner the car is always understeer but it is a rear drive car.

For example:
The Porsche 911 GT3 (gt3 class)
Audi Lms Ultra (gt3 Class)
Ktm X-bow
and many more. not all Testet.

i take all driving aids off!

AbeWoz
07-02-2018, 18:55
when you go full throttle, weight in transferred to the rear of the car, thus causing the front end to lose grip. creating understeer. especially in the Porsche since it is rear-engine.

also these cars have slicks/track tires for maximum grip.

Namus777
07-02-2018, 19:27
Sounds plausible but in all others sims the cars have oversteer.
and you canīt be too early give gas , becourse the cars is so stabil,that nothing happens.

And the Ktm x-bow have not so much aero or grip i think.
I can be wrong

Pekka Salminen
07-02-2018, 20:14
One thing to consider is the fact that default setups generally are understeery. It is possible to make cars to have more oversteer while accelerating by fiddling with differential.

Also, if you are running soft tires on a hot track, the front tires will melt straight away causing severe understeer.

hkraft300
07-02-2018, 20:15
and you canīt be too early give gas , becourse the cars is so stabil,that nothing happens.

And the Ktm x-bow have not so much aero or grip i think.
I can be wrong

1st/2nd gear they will spin. 3rd+ they probably won't, and the default setup have a fair lot of understeer.
KTM doesn't have a lot of power to slide on slicks.

dan2312
07-02-2018, 23:22
Did you turn Traction Control off?

Roushman624
08-02-2018, 03:09
I can assure you this game has some of the best tyre modeling in a racing game if not the best.

Zaskarspants
08-02-2018, 10:31
Deafualt set ups.

Stable - Most likely to under-steer, set like a road car, understeer is less catstrophic for a less expirienced driver.

Loose - Most likely to over steer, set like a racing car, oversteer is harder to handle.

hkraft300
08-02-2018, 11:54
Deafualt set ups.

Stable - Most likely to under-steer, set like a road car, understeer is less catstrophic for a less expirienced driver.

Loose - Most likely to under steer, set like a racing car, but will understeer slightly less

FTFY :)

John Hargreaves
08-02-2018, 11:57
Try the Caterham 620, it's a lot of fun and will only go sideways.

AbeWoz
08-02-2018, 12:09
Deafualt set ups.

Loose - Most likely to over steer, set like a racing car, oversteer is harder to handle.

not exactly true....
Stable is stable and loose is loose. Saying one is set up like a road car and one like a race car is false.

Different drivers prefer different car characteristics. I prefer a more stable car, some people prefer a looser car....

Zaskarspants
08-02-2018, 12:30
not exactly true....
Stable is stable and loose is loose. Saying one is set up like a road car and one like a race car is false.

Different drivers prefer different car characteristics. I prefer a more stable car, some people prefer a looser car....

Sure, I was suggesting that the OP might find stable set up less oversteery than loose, just a suggestion. I shouldn't have suggested that road is like stable, especially when considering some cars have that specific set up. Sorry for causing confusion.

MrTulip
08-02-2018, 15:41

For example many cars in Assetto Corsa do not spin their rear wheels just like that (I've tested couple of GT3 cars in AC for this). Same seems to apply there as in PCARS2; many racing cars have modern slicks as well as rear differentials tuned for the best grip in the corners. They simply don't spin the rear wheels unless you go over a hump or do aggressive moves with the wheel while depressing throttle fully.

However, it is possible to achieve this by tuning gear ratios to shorter and by using locked differentials; in the differentials setup page use spooling, or with clutch diff set the clutches to 10 and power side to 20.

Edit: If you want to experience "pedal to rear wheel spin" response resembling older generation of sims, you should take McLaren F1 (road version), or any of the other RWD street supercars, and preferably switch them to use P-Zero Corsa or plain P-Zero tyres. Or try Caterham 620s as already mentioned.
Of the racing cars you could try older racing cars with slippier slicks, such as BMW 320 Turbo in Group 5.

JanvH
08-02-2018, 15:54
The KTM x-bow has so much stability even with the summer tyres. I'm atleast doubting that a car could behave like that, even when you try to make the rear end more loose and you throw that thing into corners it just feels super super stable, not lively at all. It's one of them cars you basically can drive with binary inputs and you got no problem getting away with that. To me it seems that there is no driving over the limit with some cars in PC2, meaning that some cars just won't spin out even if you try them to.
Same goes with the Lotus 49. With the vintag tyres and tuning it to behave more loosely you still have that sort of stability that seems odd; you can get into some drifts but snap oversteer won't happen and you'll only lose the car when touching the grass. Most of the road-cars feel amazing, because you have this progressive, controllable slip, but you still have to be on your toes not to overshoot it, but then others don't seem right to me in that regard.

blinkngone
08-02-2018, 17:58
hey i have something different with project cars 2. Becourse many cars can not do a powerslide!

If we push the throttle full in a corner the car is always understeer but it is a rear drive car.

For example:
The Porsche 911 GT3 (gt3 class)
Audi Lms Ultra (gt3 Class)
Ktm X-bow
and many more. not all Testet.

i take all driving aids off!
What? It's easy to slide the Porsche, just almost impossible to catch it when you do.
Power applied to quickly at apex, it's already sliding.
Now it's too late, rear grip is gone, front wheels countersteering.
Front wheels opposite lock but the car is going off roading, nothing can save it. You don't need to use a Spool, just be aggressive with the power delivery before the apex of a slower corner.

AbeWoz
08-02-2018, 19:30
i wonder if OP had traction/stability control turned on

beetes_juice
08-02-2018, 20:12
911 GT3 100% does powerslides

hkraft300
08-02-2018, 20:53
So does the M6, AMG, Ginetta...

The KTM GT4 has a really narrow power band. It's quite gutless off-boost. Also it ears fat sticky slicks. Not conducive to burnouts.

skidoo
08-02-2018, 22:17
I just slid the 911 GT3 around Dubai International, to double-check. I used the default setup (which uses TC and ABS). I'm not sure what advice to give, but it works fine here. PC, cheap Thrustmaster 150 with stock pedals.

EDIT: Which is to say, I was able to slide it AND keep it under control (e.g. counter-steer if necessary) just fine.

Namus777
09-02-2018, 01:01
okay thx =) you explained well