PDA

View Full Version : [XB1] Patch 4.0 Discussion thread

Bealdor
09-02-2018, 12:02
Please use this thread to discuss Patch 4.0 on XB1.

[Release notes] (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55370-Project-CARS-2-Xbox-One-Updates-Changelog&p=1480854&viewfull=1#post1480854)

For those new to Project CARS, the patch threads are NOT for discussing what is NOT in the patch. The patch threads are for discussing what IS contained in the patch. Other posts will be removed.

Bealdor
23-02-2018, 11:22
Thread opened. Release notes will be linked when they're available.

killer2293
23-02-2018, 12:50
Donwloaded and played for a few races. FFB on Fanatec CSW 2.0 better. I can feel the road...kerbs not at all. I will keep trying to dial it in.

Evel Knievel
23-02-2018, 13:33
Just did the registration to let you know guys, for me, XBOX ONE (original) with the oval setups, this really improved (that hard steering to the left), but with increasing opponents size, for physics behave abnormal. Maybe not that much as before but still doing a race with only 12 opponents let#s you feel this. Everything more than 10 has influcence on the driving, steering, you get loose to fast. So for me this is still not playable, I mean I can not race indy or nascar with 10 opponents, because the car becomes undriveable otherwise ... it's a shame I bought that online, so I can not give it back. But was good to hear others have the same problem, maybe this remains for the others too. But this is about physics, not setup, as I read before

alegunner68
23-02-2018, 13:55
Pit strategy pressures are still in bar when set to psi. Not sure if this was meant to be fixed. Everything else seems great, looking forward to trying it with my wheel later.

Ofnir4
23-02-2018, 14:16
First quick test session, love the new cockpit TV cam, too bad it's not in the replay rotation.
The smoke bug is gone and thanks for that, the new headlights effect in daylight is much better (no more blinding effect in replay, or when rotating the camera around the car, much sharper beam).

Haven't tested large grids (or even AI in general) to see where it's at but it's been enjoyable so far. That's the big question mark that needed fixing.

Oh and again, a few community liveries are showing up and one is even selectable in career. :D

Gav88888
23-02-2018, 14:18
Just downloaded and done some testing. Did a lot of testing yesterday at Red Bull ring in Lambo GT3. I can now go approx. 1sec a lap quicker which is nice for my upcoming league race Sunday, but the issue with grid sizes remains meaning I still cant start career mode.

Can we get some kind of statement from Ian to say the XB1 is limited to 16 cars and then change career mode to 16 cars just to stop people wanting more?

So aside from a few little things here and there all the hype was for nothing, as usual...

OddTimer
23-02-2018, 14:21
Just downloaded and done some testing. Did a lot of testing yesterday at Red Bull ring in Lambo GT3. I can now go approx. 1sec a lap quicker which is nice for my upcoming league race Sunday, but the issue with grid sizes remains meaning I still cant start career mode.

Can we get some kind of statement from Ian to say the XB1 is limited to 16 cars and then change career mode to 16 cars just to stop people wanting more?

So aside from a few little things here and there all the hype was for nothing, as usual...

I remember Ian saying they had found a bug in the physics and this would be fixed in 4.0 and as a result full grid would be possible on Xbox OG. It doesn't seem the patch contains this fix, at least it is not in the patch notes.

Evel Knievel
23-02-2018, 14:34
The only good thing about is I can stop trying now, because this is out of any settings I could spend more useless hours for.

marcelok
23-02-2018, 14:37
Any comments about the MP ?
Is more stable now with more than 10 players?

Gav88888
23-02-2018, 14:42
I remember Ian saying they had found a bug in the physics and this would be fixed in 4.0 and as a result full grid would be possible on Xbox OG. It doesn't seem the patch contains this fix, at least it is not in the patch notes.

Same here, it's why I had a lot of hope and excitement for patch 4, but as more patches come out I am just losing interesting in playing this on the XB1. Smaller grids of 16 or less and I enjoy the game, but I want to do a career as I mainly play offline. I just hope multiplayer is fixed. SMS should either fix it or say the XB is limited to 16 cars, im happy either way but right now we can't do career mode, and we can't do larger grids so nothing has changed since release back in september, that is bad product support in my book.

snipeme77
23-02-2018, 15:13
Same here, it's why I had a lot of hope and excitement for patch 4, but as more patches come out I am just losing interesting in playing this on the XB1. Smaller grids of 16 or less and I enjoy the game, but I want to do a career as I mainly play offline. I just hope multiplayer is fixed. SMS should either fix it or say the XB is limited to 16 cars, im happy either way but right now we can't do career mode, and we can't do larger grids so nothing has changed since release back in september, that is bad product support in my book.

Yep that's it, I'm done...

transfix
23-02-2018, 15:13
So after a clean install, full hard reset of the Xbox One X, I can confirm there is no Road and Kerb feel at all. Tried all flavors and settings to no avail. :(

All I am going to ask is one of the Devs chime in on why after all these months one of the key Hardware devices has been left out in the cold. Can we at least ask for a fix to address this issue sooner than later? I don’t believe waiting until patch 5.0 is fair to ask.

Hammerpgh
23-02-2018, 15:19
Haven't been back to the game since just after the New Year so looking forward to giving this a decent run out this weekend.

killer2293
23-02-2018, 15:25
What settings are you using. I've found a vast difference just in changing it from Immersive , Raw, informative. I am getting road feel and not much kerb feel. But it is an improvement.

killer2293
23-02-2018, 15:26
Also I would love to get the devs setups on wheel and in game. That would be a huge help and a nice baseline to work off of.

Ofnir4
23-02-2018, 15:34
yeah... high car counts are still a disaster to remain polite, indy still has 3 or 4g pull to the left, don't even need to turn. Looks like the patch polished a lot of things but didn't fix the biggest issue since launch. I feel empty, don't know if I should be angry or sad, realizing we have been swimming in an pool of crap since launch, many months, many patches since and still broken in that regard.

I'm tired of swimming in that pool, I either let myself drown or give me rope not made out of the stuff I'm trying to get out of...

I'll take the infraction but I have to say it : Jesus f***ing christ... I'm tired... just send me out, with a bang.

lmbg
23-02-2018, 15:36
Fanatec CSW 2.5. Very dissapointing indeed. FX, Kurbs... nothing. Everything still feels very numb.

Gymnast
23-02-2018, 16:17
Fanatec CSW 2.5. Very dissapointing indeed. FX, Kurbs... nothing. Everything still feels very numb.

Same here. Fanatec CSW 2.5 and almost no feedback. What a dissapointment. Surely whe don't have to wait till patch 5.0?

Gav88888
23-02-2018, 16:48
Tried a few GTO races and I’ve become a pro overnight. Used to do 90 AI now 120 is what I use in the F40. Tried a few tracks same on each. GT3 at Monza usually 90 as well and I was doing well at 100 but run out of time, but seems AI is a bit easier.

I did have aggression on 100 to see if they would overtake each other as a test as not really seen much change overall as I believe the aggression has been upped since Patch 3?

Konan
23-02-2018, 16:50
Tried a few GTO races and I’ve become a pro overnight. Used to do 90 AI now 120 is what I use in the F40. Tried a few tracks same on each. GT3 at Monza usually 90 as well and I was doing well at 100 but run out of time, but seems AI is a bit easier.

I did have aggression on 100 to see if they would overtake each other as a test as not really seen much change overall as I believe the aggression has been upped since Patch 3?

You're not looking hard enough then...i've seen many overtakes and only did about an hour or two on the new patch...

rich1e I
23-02-2018, 16:50
Joined a few lobbies to see if information on the main lobby screen is correct and it seems it has been fixed. Still testing though.

NightStalker916
23-02-2018, 17:58
FFB on fanatec 2.5 base is same as patch 3.0 utter crap. Looks like I will uninstall the game and play it offline :(

Just Another Frog
23-02-2018, 18:07
NASCAR and Indycars still pull left (Daytona).
Daytona AI massively improved (2 and 3 wide racing) on all open wheel classes.
Openwheel AI cars (Rookie, FC and FR) seem a lot more sturdy on track.
AI seems more aggressive and willing to overtake instead of just backing off (especially on the ovals).
Issues with slow AI off the start line (Indycar, FR).
Formula Renault now turns in the wet (hurrah).

Hugely improved openwheel racing and very happy with what i've seen, so thanks for the effort.

Konan
23-02-2018, 18:12
@everyone: please remember that you are talking to people....people who put their heart and soul into this game and are doing everything within their powers to get it where most of you expect it to be.
This is not an easy task to do and making disrespectful comments are,to say the least...unmotivating.
Keep it civil please....

BobTheDog
23-02-2018, 18:24
Is anyone else getting terrible glitching in on the first lap of a track? I'm on XB1X.

AshleyM
23-02-2018, 18:59
Yep that's it, I'm done...

Ditto, G920 wheel shake still very evident even on 16 car fields. No more for me as I seem to spend more time in the menus than playing the damn game. Probably too late for a refund but will now put Xbox 1, PC2 to bed and forget that it ever existed!

Mark Race
23-02-2018, 19:14
Well I'm glad to say everything seems to be working well here on my Xbox One X as far as single player racing goes:

+++ The AI are massively improved as with the PC version and it is now possible to have some great close racing with them.
+ 31 AI cars in multi class racing at RBR and the game ran perfectly throughout on Enhanced Resolution.
+ With AI at 80% aggression they overtake well and are if anything slightly more aggressive than their PC counterparts, they make a little more contact but nothing race ending.
+ The faster class cars now overtake with ease, on or off line. (I will capture some video of this tomorrow).
+ Graphically the game looks superb, there is little difference to the full 4K PC experience unless you start counting exact pixels or framerate to the naked human eye they are as good as the same.

What changes did I notice immediately?

+ The FFB weight on the TX458 wheel was much heavier on first run, dropping the Gain 5% on Informative dropped the weight and gave back more feel.
+ The feel of the car sliding when on the edge is much more pronounced, much much closer to the PC version in this respect.
+ The few setups that I've tried that worked with v3 are a little loose and I needed to go back closer to stable settings to achieve the same pace.

Anyone doubting the great TX wheel feel, physics, car handling and ability of the AI in patch 4 needs to try the latest update of Forza 7, no wheel or track feel and awful AI (and it saddens me to say that as a long time Forza player for over 10 years), you'll be back to PCARS2 in minutes.

Superb work as far as the single player game is concerned, just as with the PC version. We'll be playing some multiplayer later and hoping that is as big an improvement in terms of lobby stability and consistent wheel FFB.

HLR Toffo
23-02-2018, 19:53
@mark race.

Good review��

Bealdor
23-02-2018, 20:01
NASCAR and Indycars still pull left (Daytona).

Oval setups are asymmetric. Those cars pull to the left by themselves on purpose.

Ofnir4
23-02-2018, 20:06
There is asymetry then there is completing a lap without turning in any corner and that is not even exagerated.

Bealdor
23-02-2018, 20:17
There is asymetry then there is completing a lap without turning in any corner and that is not even exagerated.

That's the point of it. ;)
Asymmetric setup + high banking + huge corner radius = (almost) no need to turn the wheel yourself.

Maskmagog
23-02-2018, 20:18
TX shaking violently.

So, with kids finally sleeping, I tried the new patch. Continued my career in Ginetta GT5 at Donington. After leaving pits, my wheel started shaking pretty violenly. As if I had two flat wheels, or the track was littered with rocks. Really bad, and nothing like it was before.
I then tried the same car in Private testing, first on Hockenheim, then on Donington Park again. No issues, felt good. Tried career again, and again the violent shaking. Even when going straight ahead, on track.
Wheel is Thrustmaster TX, on RAW 100-45-55-48. No clipping what I could see. Original Xbox.

never enough
23-02-2018, 20:27
With respect to the wheel shaking issue, after the huge outcry following patch 3, Ian was quoted as saying that "we have made huge gains in this area" and "anyway, it's fixed". I recently upgraded to an X, but still feel for everyone on the OG who can't enjoy career with large grids some 5 months after release, 'IF' the issue has in fact not been fixed in latest patch.

Ofnir4
23-02-2018, 20:28
That's the point of it. ;)
Asymmetric setup + high banking + huge corner radius = (almost) no need to turn the wheel yourself.

Glad you find that issue funny, really.
Letting the wheel go in the straight will not gently get you closer to the wall as it should, it smashes you into it in less than 100m.

Bealdor
23-02-2018, 20:43
Glad you find that issue funny, really.
Letting the wheel go in the straight will not gently get you closer to the wall as it should, it smashes you into it in less than 100m.

Does this happen all the time to you or only when racing against many AI?
Frog owns an XBox1 X btw which should rule out Tyre physics issues.

Ofnir4
23-02-2018, 20:53
Only with 20+ AI, otherwise oval setups work just as intented, the effect is just that much stonger, like 2 or 3 times the amount of pull.

Edit : tires seem fine, no alarming temp noted unlike before the patch

Maskmagog
23-02-2018, 20:55
Regarding original Xbox issues: I haven't got time to test more right now, but Ian Bell said on Dec 12: "We are almost certain we've made some excellent gains in the last day with controls/input/physics with heavy loads and full fields. Coming in Patch 4."
I can't find anything about it in patch notes, but I'm really hoping this has improved. I do want to run career the way it was intended.

I'm a bit crestfallen after first impressions with the wheel issue mentioned above, but I still want to say thanks to SMS, I've read a lot of positive about the latest patch. Looking forward to improved AI battles, for example.

Bealdor
23-02-2018, 20:57
Only with 20+ AI, otherwise oval setups work just as intented, the effect is just that much stonger, like 2 or 3 times the amount of pull.

Edit : tires seem fine, no alarming temp noted unlike before the patch

I don't think that's an issue on the X. That's why I thought Frog just didn't know that oval setups are working this way.
Do you see an improvement wrt this with patch 4? Can you add more AI before the issue turns up again?

wilperez56
23-02-2018, 21:20
XBox 1 Patch 1.4 downloaded today. I was 4 races completed in Career Mode in WEC, when I started the game it took me back to signing a contract screen, with my 4 completed races gone. I tried manufacturer invitation Chevrolet Indycar at Indianapolis Road Course. Noticed steering effort significantly higher after patch, went into controls and tweaked to my liking. Past halfway and under 20 liters of fuel, with tires ragged signaled team for pit stop. I have game set to automatic driving in pit lane. It cruised through the pits without stopping - 3 times in a row! Never saw my pitcrew and signboard. Exited race and double checked - yes I had proper pit strategy in the IndyCar tire names selected. along with fueling.

Ofnir4
23-02-2018, 21:34
I don't think that's an issue on the X. That's why I thought Frog just didn't know that oval setups are working this way.
Do you see an improvement wrt this with patch 4? Can you add more AI before the issue turns up again?

Hard to judge since the car is always leaning left, I'll try to use distance boards at pit speed to see what kind of turning radius I get with different field sizes.

First improvement to be noticed is tire temp and wear but that was from 5 laps at indy.

chieflongshin
23-02-2018, 21:50
Test run on Imola
Ferrari Enzo
August and March tried
Spring and Summer tried

Weather set to "CLEAR"

Track is soaking wet??

chieflongshin
23-02-2018, 22:31
Test run on Imola
Ferrari Enzo
August and March tried
Spring and Summer tried

Weather set to "CLEAR"

Track is soaking wet??

Tried this on laguna seca, different cars, weathers. Only way I got the dry track back was rebooting game.

Roushman624
23-02-2018, 22:42
On the X I couldn't be any happier with this patch. It really is like a completely different game and I can't get over the fact the AI are really fighting and defending. Cars feel great and overall the patch I can tell AA is better and the game looks a lot better. I don't know what magic they have at SMS but they have truly turned this game around with this patch! Thanks SMS!

Just Another Frog
23-02-2018, 23:00

I get what your saying but i'm finding that the NASCAR pulls left too much and over drives the banks and having to correct the steering causes either loss of control (assists off) or a massive drop in speed (assists on).. I've got no problems with the realism of the oval simulation but (in a similar way to the dedicated NASCAR sims on XB1) it would be nice to also have the option to be able to fine tune the degree of steering offset with the NASCAR because there's no 'sweet spot' when trying to drive in a straight line using the left analog stick on a controller. It's not a criticism - it's just a personal preference for someone who doesn't have a wheel.

EDIT: With no other cars on track the Indycar is bearable (default stable)- but with a full grid of 31 left hand movement is noticeably worse - with any micro adjustments down the straight resulting in either a trip to the outer wall or putting you in a constant fight with the steering to keep it away from the wall and the yellow lines - with the only real options being hitting the wall and keeping the car pointing the right way or braking to 100mph and staying in 6th gear til you reach the bank.

I've also noticed that the Indycars no longer have KERS?

Thankfully though the better (less powerful) open wheelers (that I bought the game for) behave very, very nicely so i'm still really happy with the improvements this patch has brought

dawg
24-02-2018, 06:22
On the X I couldn't be any happier with this patch. It really is like a completely different game and I can't get over the fact the AI are really fighting and defending. Cars feel great and overall the patch I can tell AA is better and the game looks a lot better. I don't know what magic they have at SMS but they have truly turned this game around with this patch! Thanks SMS!
which wheel do you have?

Gav88888
24-02-2018, 07:11
Regarding original Xbox issues: I haven't got time to test more right now, but Ian Bell said on Dec 12: "We are almost certain we've made some excellent gains in the last day with controls/input/physics with heavy loads and full fields. Coming in Patch 4."
I can't find anything about it in patch notes, but I'm really hoping this has improved. I do want to run career the way it was intended.

I'm a bit crestfallen after first impressions with the wheel issue mentioned above, but I still want to say thanks to SMS, I've read a lot of positive about the latest patch. Looking forward to improved AI battles, for example.

A lot of us saw it, read it, and now patch 4 has arrived itís not true.

chieflongshin
24-02-2018, 08:28
Agreed

Mark Race
24-02-2018, 09:12
I'm glad to report online private multiplayer is now working superbly. This is based on just the custom races as we haven't tried championships yet. Our little group are all on Xbox One X.

+++ When the host changes cars and tracks this can now be seen instantly by all players. All players can now select the car of their choice within the specified rules.
+++ Consistent excellent FFB across multiple cars and tracks from the Lotus 78 to GT3, GT4 on Silverstone, Road America, Donnington Park & Laguna Seca.
+++ Track limits are much more sensibly applied and for us we all agreed the 'ding' sound is a big help in knowing when you've overstepped the limit. Penalties also seem to be removed more quickly but that could be because we are able to react more quickly to the warning.
+++ Consistency of car and track performance, I have to bang on about consistency again because we are all similarly skilled racers and good close racing and lap times makes this type of game thrilling. In both qualifying and racing we were consistently within 2-3 10ths if not 100ths of each others times. Previously issues with variable FFB levels on the TX wheel meant we would get much more variable car performance.
+ Streaming and co-streaming work without impacting game performance.

Immediate differences from V3:
+++ The feel of the cars being on the edge of grip is so much more pronounced, the Lotus 78 really dances now with controllable slides. The GT4 cars feel like they are rotating from the hips in medium speed corners, when they start to over rotate and go into oversteer the effect is perfectly translated through the wheel. If you've ever driven a car like the Nissan 370Z on a real track you will know this sensation well, the in game feel is uncanny. Much much closer to the PC version in the wheel feel effects.
+ The track surface gives more feedback on the TX wheel and cars now need setups closer to stable rather than loose initially, much as reported with the single player game. The cars can sometimes feel really tricky on the out lap on cold tyres with a loose setup that worked in V3.

Potential issue (but not enough instances to confirm)

- 2 players lost sound once qualifying loaded, they had sound/music in the lobby but one the game loaded nothing. After restarting the game their sound was restored. Could be a minor issue, might be nothing.

Overall:

Superb upgrade for multiplayer, much more consistent and able to produce thrilling close racing. The cars feel more alive and a little easier to slide and spin as a result. By far the best all round multiplayer experience on console in this racing game generation. Good on SMS they've proven their word this time.

Fire up that Lotus 78, turn up the surround sound and enjoy, that car really is something else.

OKC Radar Bob
24-02-2018, 09:14
You know - it's really, really frustrating (and aggravating) to see that the PC, PS4, & X1X users "couldn't be happier" with patch 4.... only to discover (after a few laps) that us OG Xbox users are still facing major handling issues with grid sizes over 16.

Please, please, please..... If you can't fix the issue (which seems to be the case) then at least give us the option to limit grid sizes in career.
And for the love of god send out that patch ASAP... we need something more than talk guys.

RookieRaceline
24-02-2018, 09:41
I just had a few test runs on my OG Xbox, to see what had changed. Went in and did the first race on the carrer in the ginettas, and i get the very violent shake of the wheel. Actually it shakes more when i am on the tarmac, than when i hit the curms or even crash.

I don't really know why though, because the track seems smooth and clean, and no real reason why any shaking is needed.. maybe dirty air? Anyway..it shakes so much that i lost control even after 3-4 tries. I tried Raw, emersive and informative

Before the 1.4 patch i had it in raw, with no problems.

Any idea on what i should adjust?

GTsimms
24-02-2018, 09:46
TX shaking violently.

So, with kids finally sleeping, I tried the new patch. Continued my career in Ginetta GT5 at Donington. After leaving pits, my wheel started shaking pretty violenly. As if I had two flat wheels, or the track was littered with rocks. Really bad, and nothing like it was before.
I then tried the same car in Private testing, first on Hockenheim, then on Donington Park again. No issues, felt good. Tried career again, and again the violent shaking. Even when going straight ahead, on track.
Wheel is Thrustmaster TX, on RAW 100-45-55-48. No clipping what I could see. Original Xbox.

Try FX @ 0.

Alibi_GT
24-02-2018, 10:40
TX shaking violently.

Do you have the latest update for your wheel? Update 51. Have read that it helps with violent shaking. But that was before the 1.4 update. It's a long shot but you never know:encouragement:

Maskmagog
24-02-2018, 10:59
Do you have the latest update for your wheel? Update 51. Have read that it helps with violent shaking. But that was before the 1.4 update. It's a long shot but you never know:encouragement:

Yes, firmware 51. Same car, track and date feels great in private testing. In career, violent shaking all over. Much harder to control the car. In-game wheel also shakes.
This is in career, Ginetta GT5, Donington, practice session. TX wheel. Did not have this wheel shaking pre Patch 4.
I’m not experiencing any better performance, sadly.
I’ll try fx 0.

Lewy
24-02-2018, 12:03
G920 with original XB still violently shaking with more than 10 Ai.
Tested it on the red bull gp in private testing with the Caterham sp/300.R, also the Ferrari GT3 and Ferrari 333 SP and others.
All look and feel absolutely amazing. FFB is spot on and when the ABS kicks in it feels even better on the wheel than before 4.0. 10/10 on the update.
Settings- Immersive, 100,60,70,50

But in a custom race with same class cars, same time, same weather (light cloud) etc Ai opponent number set to 31,
It’s like night and day. As soon as I get to the first corner on RBR GP the wheel start shaking extremely fast and doesn’t stop, it’s like a totally different game completely.
I tried 30 Ai, 29,28,27 etc and the shaking didn’t stop until I got down to just 10 Ai.

It seems with more than 10 Ai on any of the tracks the only way I can stop the wheel shaking is by reducing my ffb Gain setting to less than 45, volume at 50 or less and using the Raw flavour.
Obviously You lose a lot of the ffb feeling but it does stop the violent shaking and seems to be the only solution at the moment.

Shoemaker
24-02-2018, 12:20
Sms said you should be running immersive on TX. Run that then find the wheels sweet spot without clipping. Also recalibrate pedals now that they have tinkered with the travel range.

RookieRaceline
24-02-2018, 12:55
G920 with original XB still violently shaking with more than 10 Ai.

For me, this only started after the 1,4 update. No shaking before the update (or at least nothing that i noticed). AFter the update the shaking is so heavy that i lose control of the car (G920 on xbox org)

Loucosp
24-02-2018, 14:40
Hello folks

I really enjoyed this new patch. As offline player , I can say AI is smarter and fun improved a lot.

Racing start is much better in turn 1(Monza is big example).

My only problem or doubt : AI level mismatch between categories, I mean play same track with gt1 car I was 1 second behind, but playing with GTE was same time of leader. Both using same level AI .

Is that a bug?

Thanks and again congrats for great work.

Best

Mon Pavion
24-02-2018, 14:47
Also have the issue with extreme shaking of the wheel. Thrustmaster TX 458.
It was really good before the patch. Now it is very difficult to just drive in a straight line at 50mph

Robhd
24-02-2018, 14:57
I will throw my tuppence worth into the ring... Have been playing solo for a couple of hours now, overall i think the game experience is much improved but the fly in the ointment is my TX wheel (wth TM rim) is not very happy.. I much prefer a heavier wheel weight as this feels far more natural and real to me but with a good wheel weght feel (read heavy lol) that dreadful oscilating, grandfather clock swinging pendulum feel is back and the wheel shakes and judders horribly

Good effort though devs 8/10 from me...

RobPhoboS
24-02-2018, 15:11
Yes, firmware 51. Same car, track and date feels great in private testing. In career, violent shaking all over. Much harder to control the car. In-game wheel also shakes.
This is in career, Ginetta GT5, Donington, practice session. TX wheel. Did not have this wheel shaking pre Patch 4.
Iím not experiencing any better performance, sadly.
Iíll try fx 0.

I'm using the TX base, zero problems here.
But on firmware 50.

On a side note - a heavy wheel might be preference but doesn't feel like that on a power assisted car Robhd.
Unless you've got flat tyres ;)

deedok
24-02-2018, 15:25
Oval setups are asymmetric. Those cars pull to the left by themselves on purpose.

Yeah I havenít tried it but thatís the point of an oval setup. Drivers turn right on the straights.

Ofnir4
24-02-2018, 16:32

To answer with more detail, the issue is even weirder than I imagined.
It tested both default oval setups as well as my patch 3 setup.

With 17, 20, 22, 24, 26 and 31 cars, the default stable setup has no pull at all, no need to hold anything on the straights, despite -2.5 and 3 front camber.

The loose setup also works, with -2.7 and 3.5 front camber, but has way more pull but it doesn't increase with field size (good news). I would say the pull is quite normal, not too strong.

Then you have my patch 3 setup, using -2.5 and 3 front camber, adjusted tire pressures and weight jacker and despite having the same camber has the setup that has no pull, my setup has as much pull as the loose setup with some added tire wobble I didn't feel with either default setup. (physics slowdown started at 26 cars, by 2 seconds and 4 seconds with 31 cars but that is expected)

So I don't quite know what to think... I would certainly advise anyone against using a patch 3 setup for one.
But at the same time, full grid indy with stable default seems to be the most stable experience thus far after the patch.

Robhd
24-02-2018, 16:33
On a side note - a heavy wheel might be preference but doesn't feel like that on a power assisted car Robhd.
Unless you've got flat tyres ;)[/QUOTE]

Mine are bald and flat lol...

But everyone is right, the TX is just horrid now, where pre patch it was fine but other elements of the game weren't so great... I feel a bit sorry fir the devs, boy this must be frustrating havng us all coming back sayng, hey nice try B..U..T..

Juiced46
24-02-2018, 16:47
Like others have mentioned. Fanatec V2.5 base. Still experiencing the same issues as with Patch 3. No kerb or road feel. If I boot up the demo with the same settings, all FFB Kerb, road etc is back to feeling correct.

HLR Toffo
24-02-2018, 16:50
Noticed a couple of negatives so far(no point mentioning the positives the usual suspects can do that, as always).

Theirs a weird grid like pattern in the distance. Its hard to explain and i doubt a pic would pick it up. Its like an effect from a syfy film when some strange time warp is about to happen.

Ffb has changed significantly. I was getting strong clipping using my patch 3 settings. I have dialed it down, its not clipping any more but the self aligning torque seems quite high on mid to exit. I'll eventually get used to it, like i did patch 3.

The soft tyre temps are considerably lower, My hard tyre setups are now as good as useless cant get them up temp on the combos i used to use im back to square one tuning wise,

Its an very token patch tbf. Broke nearly as much as its fixed. No point complaining though it gets you nowhere in this forum. I'll just get used to it till the next one.

Seps1974
24-02-2018, 17:42
Handling with a controller has improved tons. This patch was a massive job by SMS that changed the game for a whole lot better.
Thank you for keep on perfecting PC2.

Konan
24-02-2018, 17:47
No point complaining though it gets you nowhere in this forum.

Thank you for the vote of confidence...i'll be sure to think of that next time i report an issue...

HLR Toffo
24-02-2018, 18:19
Thank you for the vote of confidence...i'll be sure to think of that next time i report an issue...

You're a great guy from my experience on this forum. Dont take anything i say personally its not nor never directed at any individual. Were all human.

Would be pointless to have a forum if we were all yesmen. Thats the reason i make comments that piss peeps off, i want more and see things differently than others. I dont mean to do it but everything i say always pisses someone off.

Were all on this planet for a reason, yours is report to sms unfortunately.

EvenElectric
24-02-2018, 18:21

This isn’t very helpful. Are our issues not being reported to the development team? Do you file the bug reports?

Konan
24-02-2018, 18:27
This isn’t very helpful. Are our issues not being reported to the development team? Do you file the bug reports?

Where do you get that notion?
My point was that we actually report everything...that's why i reacted on the comment "complaining gets you nowhere"
And FYI...i go out of my way to be helpful...

Konan
24-02-2018, 18:31
You're a great guy from my experience on this forum. Dont take anything i say personally its not nor never directed at any individual. Were all human.

Would be pointless to have a forum if we were all yesmen. Thats the reason i make comments that piss peeps off, i want more and see things differently than others. I dont mean to do it but everything i say always pisses someone off.

Were all on this planet for a reason, yours is report to sms unfortunately.

Problem sometimes is that i got my heart on my tongue....
And it's really not "unfortunately"...i am very happy being a mod (why do you think i joke around most of the time? :cool: )

Trudd
24-02-2018, 18:36
To me the changes to physics and ffb in the patch (or whatever the did) made the handling of all cars I've tested so far fantastic. I was ok with the overall handling in patch 3, but now, for me, it's on the another level when compared.

Wish I had any suggestions for those struggling with it. I would recommend to upgrade to the One X if possible (for me totally worth it even just for PC2 and future racing games), but I see people with problems even on that console. I did upgrade my wheel to the v51 firmware when on patch 3 but I had to downgrade it to v50 right away because I lost almost all ffb.

OKC Radar Bob
24-02-2018, 18:42
Well, I decided it was time to just admit that my 1 1/2 year old Xbox1S was obsolete. Patch didn't fix the main issues for me (bad handling with large grid sizes) and doesn't appear will be fixed anytime soon.
So......... I caved - hope to have my new Xbox1X running in a few hours (Best Buy is your friend).

EvenElectric
24-02-2018, 18:43
Where do you get that notion?
My point was that we actually report everything...that's why i reacted on the comment "complaining gets you nowhere"
And FYI...i go out of my way to be helpful...

Thanks man! Do you have any idea what Fanatec wheel and base SMS is using for development and testing (on XBOX)? And perhaps the firmware version. I feel like they must’ve tried this out at some point during Patch 4 development.

rich1e I
24-02-2018, 18:45
Problem sometimes is that i got my heart on my tongue....
And it's really not "unfortunately"...i am very happy being a mod (why do you think i joke around most of the time? :cool: )

That's not a problem at all, Konan. On the contrary. I don't see this very often.

Konan
24-02-2018, 18:46
Thanks man! Do you have any idea what Fanatec wheel and base SMS is using for development and testing (on XBOX)? And perhaps the firmware version. I feel like they must’ve tried this out at some point during Patch 4 development.

No sorry i have no idea...
But i'm sure there must be all sorts of combo's being tested...

Konan
24-02-2018, 18:46
That's not a problem at all, Konan. On the contrary. I don't don't see this very often.

Thanks mate...

rich1e I
24-02-2018, 19:01
Ok that was a 'don't' too much xD

fmbill
24-02-2018, 19:44
Sms said you should be running immersive on TX. Run that then find the wheels sweet spot without clipping. Also recalibrate pedals now that they have tinkered with the travel range.

Where did you get this info? I tried immersive a while back but not for very long, will give it another go.

Hammerpgh
24-02-2018, 20:12
I had my first go post patch last night and this morning and currently am quite disapointed unfortunately. I'm running the original XBO with the Thrustmaster 458 Italia TX, no add-ons.

Performance wise the game felt decent and after a quick go in career in the karts which I just couldn't get on with at all, very loose and floaty with very little control I went on to Nurburgring GP in the Audi R8.

Started off with 19 AI in clear conditions and with the default FFB settings I could feel pretty much nothing at all and the car felt totally disconnected from the track. I tried each of the flavours and tweaked the individual settings within each but found very little improvement at all. Road feel was totally absent, almost glass like and even the kerbs brought hardly any reaction from the wheel.

In addition the wheel feels really ratchety and rough throughout, not smooth at all and as others have mentioned there is the additional problem of the wild jerking from side to side with some settings. Down the start finish straight on my first runs it was hopeless and almost impossible to control the car.

Another little annoyance was when I left the game paused for a while there was a loss of ffb when returning to the game.

As for the handing of the car I was getting absolutely no clue through the wheel as to what the car was doing, no feeling of loss of grip, locking up, nada. As a result I felt unable to really push the car and the lap times suffered majorly as a result.

If anyone here using the TX would care to share their settings for me to try I would be really appreciative as I desperately want to love this game but the problems with the wheel in particular are killing it for me.

Apart from the ffb or lack thereof the car also just seemed to lose all rear grip suddenly and without warning and would go into a spin like it was on ice. It kind of reminded me of what used to frustrate me in Forza with those uncontrollable spins in that game. I could never find any confidence or consistency as a result. Certainly not something I ever experienced in pCars1.

I'm going to try to persevere with this game for a while longer but I'm struggling right now so hope there is something I can find to resolve these issues :/

roman.gaspar
24-02-2018, 20:27
Hey guys, first of all, thank you for the patch. Most of the things works great. This is not a complain, I try to help improve the game too, there is small details:

The TT leaderboard is not syncronizin
There is lot of “---” records in the leaderboard.
Lot of ghosts missing.
The “Tire Pressure Bar” is not showing decimals in metric mode just “1” or “2”

The TT things and my suggestions was mentioned before in this thread:
Could-not-sync-leaderboard (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56341-Could-not-sync-leaderboard/page3)

rich1e I
24-02-2018, 20:31
Where did you get this info? I tried immersive a while back but not for very long, will give it another go.

I'd like to know as well as I have a TX wheel and raw feels actually good to me

JoakimBL
24-02-2018, 20:41
Xbox One S with a G920 here, and I also experience the violent shaking of the wheel. Prepatch, I was running Immersive with close to default settings with no problems. After, Immersive is undrivable. Raw with turning down the ffb is drivable, but way worse than it was.

Also AI seems to be so much slower at the same setting for the races I have run. I was driving at 75, now they are slower at 100. (Ginetta Jrs)

g.stew
24-02-2018, 21:27
There is lot of “---” records in the leaderboard.
Lot of ghosts missing.

This means that the user has blocked sharing of created content in their Xbox security settings. When someone does this, it will show as "---" and it won't have a ghost or tune available.

If you see this, it means that the user has set this in their Xbox settings. They may or may not have realized that it does this, but if you look at the community events, you can see a lot of the top times have probably done this to prevent others from seeing their setups or lines they took.

I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't be able to post a time to the leaderboards without sharing. Since we are already somewhat limited with combined leaderboards on console, it kinda sucks that more people aren't willing to share their setups.

roman.gaspar
24-02-2018, 21:48
This means that the user has blocked sharing of created content in their Xbox security settings. When someone does this, it will show as "---" and it won't have a ghost or tune available.

Are you sure? Because according to my experience, theese things apears after patches. E.g. some of the settings are not any more available in the current car setup, so the setup and the time is invalided, but not removed from the leaderboard.
The second thing is, some of the times setted before the patch #3 and #4, with some cars (e.g. LMP1) are seem unicornish at the moment (because of the game physics)

colibrimb2
25-02-2018, 04:39
I use the tx 458 on informative with 95 gain 28 volume 65 tone 15 fx no more than 10 AI and clear conditions this feel OK to me. Screen tearing is 95% gone but Daytona RD is very shimmery. I still get a hit with frame drops when using the telemetry HUD. To me patch 4 is where PC2 should have been on release and improved by the same % as patch 4 has achieved 6 months later

Gav88888
25-02-2018, 06:28
Try FX @ 0.

I also get shaking at times, FX always at 0.

Gav88888
25-02-2018, 06:30
AI testing

I did a group c race at imola last night, 12 cars, AI 90 / ag 80 clear weather for qualifying and 6 of the AI were disqualified within the first 15min in the hour session, haven’t a clue why, so I restarted the session and it happened again, I then came right out of the game and back in again and it worked ok then...??

RookieRaceline
25-02-2018, 08:01
Regading the FFB shaking:
After an evening with some testing in a group of 4 people, it seems to be pretty stable. During 10 short races of 5-6 laps on different tracks, i had the strong and random shaking only a few times, at random places (eg on pitlane exiting the pits). Also we had several people lose FFB when the race started, but it came back for the next race, or if the person restarted the game/exited the race

The carreer though, i can not play, because the wheel will shake very violently. Will have to test an online race with AI to see if it is related to the AI

Also, camera view and HUD reset every time a session starts (practice/qualifying/race/exit the pits), to what i asume the lobby bost has, but i am not entirely sure. All drivers would stress to get the camera and HUD adjusted whiule the lights were going off, and it usually left a few drivers behind messing with their HUD at race start

lmbg
25-02-2018, 11:01
For us Fanatec users it is really a shame. Because the game is gorgeous in so many ways. Graphics, weather / seasons, day & night, car selection, track selection, AI, multiplayer... So much attention to details went into this title. Visually it is absolutely fantastic but unfortunately it's not only about what we see. And the information that comes out of my CSW 2.5 just feels dead and numb. FF on patch 2 was really going in the right direction and reading the release notes for the 3rd update I truly hoped we would get something nearly on par with AC. Unfortunately patch 3 went somewhat wrong and the very long wait for patch 4 (I haven't played the game during that whole time) is very disappointing. I really hope this will be addressed with a hot fix. Waiting until summer for patch 5 would be extremely frustrating. As the demo seems to work well this can't be too complicated to fix I guess. Anyways, I really hope that we all can enjoy the game again rather sooner than later. Fingers crossed (again).

| xBox One X | CSW V2.5, CSP V3 inverted, CSS 1.5 | SRH dashboard | Rseat RS-1 | Samsung UE-40MU6470 |

EvenElectric
25-02-2018, 16:37
I also have a Fanatec 2.5 base, CSL wheel, Clubsport V3 pedals and a Clubsport Shifter. Running the latest firmware. Patch 3.0 and Patch 4.0 are absolutely broken — this is not a configuration issue.

It feels like the FFB data is not being continuously sent. I’ll get momentary bursts of FFB, then nothing — wheel losses all weight and feel. There is also no shock feedback, kerbs do not work. It’s super easy to reproduce. Really frustrating since this was a known issue on Patch 3.0. Also installed the demo to compare, demo works.

Can someone from SMS please comment. I bought the game about a month ago, still can’t play it. Feel free to message me if you need any more details, happy to help.

Tiger Feet
25-02-2018, 18:01
Another Fanatec lurker here. I'm also waiting for this to be sorted. Plleeeeeeeease.

Koppieo
25-02-2018, 18:56
Gav88888 : I Had the same issue last night, many cars disqualified on Imola (Touring Cars). Restarted session and cars again got disqualified.

An even stranger thing happened next: the car with the quickest time was disqualified. He was .2 faster than me and at that time so he was on 1st position.
And in the race he stood - although he was disqualified - on the starting grid at................ number 1 position !!!!!!!

Then restarted the game and there were no more disqualifications.

Jezza819
25-02-2018, 19:13
For us Fanatec users it is really a shame. Because the game is gorgeous in so many ways. Graphics, weather / seasons, day & night, car selection, track selection, AI, multiplayer... So much attention to details went into this title. Visually it is absolutely fantastic but unfortunately it's not only about what we see. And the information that comes out of my CSW 2.5 just feels dead and numb. FF on patch 2 was really going in the right direction and reading the release notes for the 3rd update I truly hoped we would get something nearly on par with AC. Unfortunately patch 3 went somewhat wrong and the very long wait for patch 4 (I haven't played the game during that whole time) is very disappointing. I really hope this will be addressed with a hot fix. Waiting until summer for patch 5 would be extremely frustrating. As the demo seems to work well this can't be too complicated to fix I guess. Anyways, I really hope that we all can enjoy the game again rather sooner than later. Fingers crossed (again).

| xBox One X | CSW V2.5, CSP V3 inverted, CSS 1.5 | SRH dashboard | Rseat RS-1 | Samsung UE-40MU6470 |

I think you can forget a hot fix. If it wasn't important enough for them to do a hot fix after it was messed up in patch 3 and it wasn't important enough to fix in patch 4, then I highly doubt they think it's important enough to issue a hot fix now. Our problem is that it's with one specific brand of wheel on one particular platform. We're down very low on the priority list even though it was something that THEY messed up. My concern now is that it might never get fixed.

g.stew
25-02-2018, 19:44
Are you sure? Because according to my experience, theese things apears after patches. E.g. some of the settings are not any more available in the current car setup, so the setup and the time is invalided, but not removed from the leaderboard.
The second thing is, some of the times setted before the patch #3 and #4, with some cars (e.g. LMP1) are seem unicornish at the moment (because of the game physics)

Yes, it happened on the first pcars too and it happens with other games (F1 2017 for example). The users have their content sharing set to blocked. Maybe some of them don't realize this happens and just have that setting for other reasons but many with top lb times are doing it on purpose. Look at any of the community events. You'll see a bunch of users with OTR in their gametag, and they'll usually all have the "---" with nothing shared.

Koppieo
25-02-2018, 19:45
I hope not. I'm on CWS 2.5 with CSP 3.0 + brake performance kit.after patch 4 nothing seems to have changed. Still no kerb or road feel.

My settings are:

On the wheel: Sen: aut FF: 70 Sho: OFF ABS: OFF Dri: OFF and brake force 015 - 020 (depending on car due to brake performance kit)
In game: Raw, Gain: 100, Vol: 50, Tone: 50, Fx: 60, Menu Spring: 0,05

I played on Imola with TC (BMW) and found that when I put FX to 70 or even 75, I got more oversteer and also the kerbs were more agressive with the rear tires.

I like the improvements patch 4 has made, but I think that we - as Fanatec users - are deprived of the special road and kerb feel other sim drivers have.
So please developers: get on XBox1 and use a Fanatec CSW 2.5 and compare the drive-feeling with f.i. a Thrustmaster.
You'll soon agree that this probleem needs to be solved. Pre patch 3 it wasn't like this. And I hate to go back to PC1 or even AC!

zzjorzz
25-02-2018, 19:56
I just tryd my Thrustmaster TX with original Xbox after patch 4, FFB felt pretty good in raw, immersive and informative. But onlymwith gain below 70 to prevent clipping. This was in a solo practice run, dont know if FFB is working good with bigger gridsizes. I have some wheelshaking but not as bad as before. The only "problem" I had was with DOR. I ran the Porsche road car and my input did not al all synchronize with what I saw the steering wheel in the game do. Even a small movement was a 90 degree steering action on the screen. I recalibrated my wheel 100/540, so I guess I have a DOR of 540 now. Anyone know how to get the DOR to 320 (for racecars), 720 or 900 (for roadcars)?

Juiced46
25-02-2018, 19:58
I think you can forget a hot fix. If it wasn't important enough for them to do a hot fix after it was messed up in patch 3 and it wasn't important enough to fix in patch 4, then I highly doubt they think it's important enough to issue a hot fix now. Our problem is that it's with one specific brand of wheel on one particular platform. We're down very low on the priority list even though it was something that THEY messed up. My concern now is that it might never get fixed.

What I do not understand is that it works fine in the demo and worked fine prior to patch 3. Is it really difficult to fix this one particular bug?

Dynomight Motorsports
25-02-2018, 20:01
So this just happend...

Conditions:
Xbox1 S
thrustmaster TS-XW wheel
Multiplayer Session
6 drivers total,
Multi-class LMP2, GTE

While driving a GTE went to change my tire compounds in my Race Strategy to Hard from Soft and pitted. I noticed my car was ghosted while pitting, then AI took over my are and limped me around the track. I tried to pit again and swap drivers and the AI then drove me into the pits too fast and disqualified me.

What a great way for me to finish out our League Championship with a DQ! Thanks a whole Freaking lot SMS!!! You're the Best!!!

cotcodacunu
25-02-2018, 21:55
Helmet cam flickering bug when downshifting is still present, maybe not occuring that often as in patch 3, but still unplayable. And still can't see the helmet even with the option on.
Clio has almost no force feedback on Logitech g920. On other cars I tested ffb is ok.
Got suddenly disconnected from online race just as in patch 3 and earlier builds.

This is what I found from 90 minutes of playing on patch 4.0......

Juiced46
25-02-2018, 22:01
Helmet cam flickering bug when downshifting is still present, maybe not occuring that often as in patch 3, but still unplayable. And still can't see the helmet even with the option on.
Clio has almost no force feedback on Logitech g920. On other cars I tested ffb is ok.
Got suddenly disconnected from online race just as in patch 3 and earlier builds.

This is what I found from 90 minutes of playing on patch 4.0......

To fix the helmet cam flickering you need to delete your save from the console and cloud. That is the fix. If you cannot see your helmet, your FOV is set INCORRECTLY. If you move the camera too far forward the helmet disappears. I would not say the flickering causes the game to be unplayable though. I played with it totally fine until I figured out deleting the save cured the issue.

Jezza819
25-02-2018, 22:33
What I do not understand is that it works fine in the demo and worked fine prior to patch 3. Is it really difficult to fix this one particular bug?

Yeah I don't get that either. I haven't tried the demo but I fully believe what you're saying. I'm not very computer savy but this is how I see this mess. SMS tried to issue something in patch 3 to make Fanatec wheels better but instead of making them better, it broke them. Ok just issue a hot fix with an update that eliminates or reverses that particular code or command and problem solved? Is it harder than that?

Juiced46
25-02-2018, 22:37
Yeah I don't get that either. I haven't tried the demo but I fully believe what you're saying. I'm not very computer savy but this is how I see this mess. SMS tried to issue something in patch 3 to make Fanatec wheels better but instead of making them better, it broke them. Ok just issue a hot fix with an update that eliminates or reverses that particular code or command and problem solved? Is it harder than that?

One would think it is that easy, but I am guessing it is not. The issue may not even be related to a change that had to be directly due to Fanatec stuff. Sometimes a fix to one aspect of the game, may mess up something else. So who knows. I know from experience with my day job, we constantly get software upgrades for our equipment, they usually fix a ton of stuff then 10 more things get screwed up that were not related and its a constant cycle of the same thing. I just do not know why they have went silent on this issue...

Jezza819
26-02-2018, 00:14
I just do not know why they have went silent on this issue...

As the saying goes, "the silence is deafening". Either they don't know how to fix it or even worse are not going to fix it but at least tell us something.

Hammerpgh
26-02-2018, 08:12
As the saying goes, "the silence is deafening". Either they don't know how to fix it or even worse are not going to fix it but at least tell us something.

That is the biggest frustration in these matters. I don't have the Fanatec (TX owner) but this issue seems to have been going on for too long without a simple response outlining whether it is being fixed or not.

lmbg
26-02-2018, 09:55
That is the biggest frustration in these matters. I don't have the Fanatec (TX owner) but this issue seems to have been going on for too long without a simple response outlining whether it is being fixed or not.

Indeed.
Hopefully promising news :
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58609-after-patch-fanatec-csw-2-5-go-horrible-feedback/page10

rich1e I
26-02-2018, 10:16
Really feel sorry for you guys. I hope you get a hotfix for your Fanatec issues soon.

RobPhoboS
26-02-2018, 11:18
I can only report good things from my side of it (One X, TX base), and it's near perfect for myself !

No random wheel shaking on the start line (which was easily resolved), largely most of the server information seems to be correct now (which was my main hope for the patch), and no annoying slow movement through the menu when you go back up the list, the AI seems hugely improved.

The only thing I've not paid attention to over the weekend, is the FFB adjusting itself over a few laps (informative), then settles (in previous versions) down. So I wonder if that was fixed as well, I need to check the changelog again.
I was playing online as well as some career racing.

For those of you that are experiencing problems, it's probably worth trying the fresh install and deleting save info from the console/cloud as a very last resort. ?

Easily my favourite game now, the last piece of the puzzle for me is for more improvements to the sound (same with nearly all racing games), which is really just the cherry on top.
The surround sound is great but to bring some low FQ as it seems like there isn't anything happening from my sub at all.
I'd like a bit more of the ambient sounds from inside the cars (FM7 does a pretty decent job at that), so that it feels like you are more in a tin can/carbon tub for race cars. And maybe some more reverberation from certain parts of the tracks (tunnels, higher walls etc).
Lastly some engine sounds aren't quite authentic, which I know is difficult to get nailed but I'll do a separate thread on this stuff as it'll get lost here.

zzjorzz
26-02-2018, 13:20
I can only report good things from my side of it (One X, TX base), and it's near perfect for myself !

No random wheel shaking on the start line (which was easily resolved),

How did you resolve that?

Hammerpgh
26-02-2018, 14:39
So the day after I posted this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60831-XB1-Patch-4-0-Discussion-thread&p=1481473&viewfull=1#post1481473) I tried a race with a smaller grid (12 AI as opposed to the 19 I had tried previously) and gave the same circuit and car another go (Audi R8 at Nurburgring GP). What a world of difference that was from what I had found the previous two sessions in terms of the handing of the car and general enjoyment of the game. My laps times improved by around 7 seconds a lap!! The FFB was still very muted but kerb effects were a little better and the car feel was improved although still lacking in any feel of the track surface. I was at least now able to race properly though and the wheel inputs were accurate and the odd sudden lack of grip was no longer apparent. The racing with the AI was really fun and they were quite competitive even at 70%. Having started at the back of a random grid and and getting past several into turn 1 it took me some time to make my way through the rest and it wasn't until lap 8 that I made a pass to take the the lead. Took the win but only by half a second from a group of cars behind.

I then tried 14, 15 and 16 AI and at 16 I got the same problems as I had originally so it seems on the Xbox at least that is the break point and the game goes to pot in terms of the car handling and the wheel input once you go to that number of AI.

I am happy enough that I can at least get some good racing in now but I was under the impression that some improvements had been made to the game in terms of this problem but that does not seem to be the case based on that test. I'll do more extensive tests over the coming days at other circuits and in other cars.

The FFB still needs some work, although improved with less AI it is still far removed from what I experience elsewhere and the lack of surface detail and kerb effects needs improving. I am not sure the new less complicated way the FFB is implement in pCars 2 has had the desired results as it seems there is a very fine line between getting the desired effects and losing them almost entirely. It may be that they are there and I am just not finding the right combination of the sliders so If there's any TX owners that would like to share their wheel settings for me to try I would be very appreciative.

Gav88888
26-02-2018, 16:08
Whilst I think of it the Porsche 911 GT1 when in cockpit or helmet view the banner along the top of the screen flickers. Been like it since the start.

Ofnir4
26-02-2018, 18:03
Still have those, from day one (skip to 0:15) :
http://xboxclips.com/ofnir4/666b41f7-dc15-4caa-b1b0-11a06cd7293b

Some are created by exiting replay (that is not actually a replay, because exiting a replay with a AI, in replay, in front car where yours is, outside of replay, you can see that car for a split second before disappearing, leaving the viewblock/shadow) or pausing but it's really annoying and distracting on the racing line.

The other thing is more of a sad birthday than anything else, in 3 months more or less, it will have been 3 years since the Oreca 03 came out with the game WITHOUT shifting animations.
On the same car also the engine is quite inaudible in cockpit view (but makes a hell of a noise outside), even shifting gear makes 2 or 3 more noise than the engine (you know, the gear shifting you can't see).
Rain failing outside the cockpit is louder than the engine, tire scrubbing, your crew member picking his nose on the pit stop are louder. Please change the engine volume on that car.

Have a listen, if you can :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ooay-PpTX48

RookieRaceline
26-02-2018, 20:55
A few more things that i noticed today:

§Custom setups (less fuel) loaded in a lobby with locked setup (until i go to pits after initial lap, then it gets reset)
§Fuel load changes from qualifying to race, even though set up is the same (updates automatically to correct value once i go into edit set up)
§New wheel shaking (G920). This time, it was not a frantic qiock shake, but right to left swing that grew stronger and stronger

This is on the original xbox, digital version, installed on internal drive

NFSOutlaw2020
28-02-2018, 02:48
There is a bug that causes me to not be able to choose the Supercar Series. The bug causes the game to make me choose a Motorsport over and over. This bug has happened after the patch

Konan
28-02-2018, 04:38
There is a bug that causes me to not be able to choose the Supercar Series. The bug causes the game to make me choose a Motorsport over and over. This bug has happened after the patch

Did you succeed to get third place or better in order to move up?
If yes,Could you try this and let us know if it worked please?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51983-KNOWN-Workaround-post-56-149-Career-progress-gone&p=1482179&viewfull=1#post1482179

TRYXTERKATJ
28-02-2018, 05:15
There is an extremely massive bug post-patch and I cannot proceed any further in the game. After many different races and challenges there is no progress saved. Whenever I finish the race , the final screen just shows up blank, and then the career proceeds as if I lost. The career home screen Standings are completely blank as well. Same with the invitational events, doesn’t give a medal or even recognize that I completed the challenge. Please fix this massive bug. The game was working perfectly for me prior to this giant, supposedly great patch. Thanks.

Konan
28-02-2018, 05:20
There is an extremely massive bug post-patch and I cannot proceed any further in the game. After many different races and challenges there is no progress saved. Whenever I finish the race , the final screen just shows up blank, and then the career proceeds as if I lost. The career home screen Standings are completely blank as well. Same with the invitational events, doesn’t give a medal or even recognize that I completed the challenge. Please fix this massive bug. The game was working perfectly for me prior to this giant, supposedly great patch. Thanks.

Check the link in the post above yours please....

TRYXTERKATJ
28-02-2018, 05:56
That seemed to fixed it! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Konan
28-02-2018, 06:01
No problem...:cool:

Hammerpgh
28-02-2018, 13:32
Managed to rush home from work and fire up the Xbox for a quick lunchtime test yesterday and was pleasantly surprised with the result.

I opted for a different car for this test chose the Nissan Oreca LMP2 car (loved this in pCars 1) but stuck with the Nurburgring GP circuit to make sure it was a fair test. As expected based on my previous test 15 AI was fine with no issues other than the weak FFB which unfortunately seems to be just the way the game is regardless of the number of AI.. for me at the moment at least.

I moved on to 16 AI which is where the problems came with my Audi R8 test but this time there were no such problems. Car handling remained stable and the same as with 15 AI, no weird FFB behaviour and racing close with the AI was no problem. I then took a big jump and went for 25 AI expecting the game to really fall apart under that additional stress. Surprisingly once again the game was fine. Handling was unchanged, no struggling with rear grip, no nuts FFB effects and I was able to run side by side with the AI without a hitch. Really caught me out with this result.

So it seems the problem is car specific and it's left me wondering whether perhaps it's the closed cockpit cars that are a problem as the Oreca of course is open. I 'll be doing further tests of this over the coming days but it was certainly a nice surprise :thumbsup:

NFSOutlaw2020
01-03-2018, 00:36
I somehow managed for the bug that didnít allow me to progress. I pick the Supercar championship and then picked the car I wanted via the manufacturer. E.i. If you want McLaren scroll down to McLaren DO NOT SORT BY CLASS and pick the McLaren and the livery you want

Rockefelluh
01-03-2018, 01:15

They didn't say you SHOULD run immersive. They said if you want the most representative feeling of FFB that you would feel in a car, use Immersive.

Hammerpgh
01-03-2018, 08:19
TX shaking violently.

How many AI was this with?

Also, did you try dialing down the FX setting? I found that this removed that violent shaking of the wheel on the straights. I had to have FX at less than 20 (I tihnk I settled on 15) to prevent this happening. There may be other combinations that also work but that was what I found.

RookieRaceline
01-03-2018, 09:00

Also, did you try dialing down the FX setting? I found that this removed that violent shaking of the wheel on the straights. I had to have FX at less than 20 (I tihnk I settled on 15) to prevent this happening. There may be other combinations that also work but that was what I found.

I am pretty sure that there are 12 or 16 in the carreer, but not entirely sure. The strange thing is that i did a custom race, with 20 AI and it was not quite as bad as in carreer (but there are many things that might affect this i expect).

This would be a very good time for the Devs, to give us some feedback on this. Confirm that this is a bug or this is how it is meant to be. We are trying to find solutions and work arounds that work for just this issue, but impair the experience for other parts of the game.

Personally i am slightly frustrated that we have this game that is so extraordinarily detailed and realistic, that we can adjust and tune extremely fine settings, but at the same time we don't know if the results are true or flawed by too many AI, buggy processing or bugs

Maskmagog
01-03-2018, 11:00

GT5 career, pretty sure 15 AI. I haven’t compared with FX low yet.
The next career race, at Brands Hatch, felt great though. Before this I did a complete reinstall, maybe that helped? Or Brands Hatch can cope with more AI, resource-wise.

Just Another Frog
02-03-2018, 11:37
After doing a complete championship run upto (but not including) tier 1 and a handful of sub-challenges the only thing that particularly caught my attention was the new anti lock assist thing for us controller users - something which, although a good idea, i'm not entirely convinced enhances gameplay in the way it's supposed to. The immediate problem i experienced when it is enabled is that corrective handling in some cars feels very twitchy and deliberate with an almost digital feel to movement when using the analog stick and whilst i'm fairly sure there is a way to redo the controller sensitivity sliders in order to lessen the effect i'm yet to find that happy medium.
A little more on the handling. On Saturday i purchased a physical copy of PC2, disconnected my external drive and installed the game offline (patch free) in order to gain a little 'then and now' comparison wth the handling and what did surprise me was that although the game didn't play too well, on an empty track the few cars i drove did seem to have a more fluid feel about them.
But that aside and despite some very obvious framerate drops under braking and turning (all tracks) I did actually enjoy my present day excursion through patch 4's career mode and will probably spend a little more time playing it on console. So yeah, If you own an X1X and play with a controller then i'm reasonably confident in saying that the pros finally outweigh the cons and PC2 is definately worth the effort.

Thanks.

WoodyLizard
05-03-2018, 08:30
The biggest problem that still seems to hold this sim back is the ability to use pitstop strategies confidently. I and others in our group still constantly have our set saved tire pressures in strategies being changed when checking in the 2 minute race ready up screen.

So with planned 2 hour races (yes we do have some serious console racers here in Australia) having any more then 2 saved strategies is pointless as you run out of time to readjust pressures before being disqualified.

I tried the other night for a test to start on soft tyres and pit for only front tyres to be changed to hards to see if pit crew change to what I wanted. Pitted and they changed tyres to softs not hard.

Checked the saved strategy after race and found that the game had changed my saved hard tyre option to softs.

Other problems with pitstops some have had in our group is that they get stuck in the pits after work has been done on their cars and can’t move until the game eventually release them.

Please if more testing can be done on this to make a fix so we can get back into our monthly endurance events.

Hammerpgh
05-03-2018, 11:29
The biggest problem that still seems to hold this sim back is the ability to use pitstop strategies confidently. I and others in our group still constantly have our set saved tire pressures in strategies being changed when checking in the 2 minute race ready up screen.

So with planned 2 hour races (yes we do have some serious console racers here in Australia) having any more then 2 saved strategies is pointless as you run out of time to readjust pressures before being disqualified.

I tried the other night for a test to start on soft tyres and pit for only front tyres to be changed to hards to see if pit crew change to what I wanted. Pitted and they changed tyres to softs not hard.

Checked the saved strategy after race and found that the game had changed my saved hard tyre option to softs.

Other problems with pitstops some have had in our group is that they get stuck in the pits after work has been done on their cars and can’t move until the game eventually release them.

Please if more testing can be done on this to make a fix so we can get back into our monthly endurance events.

The pit stop problems are another carry over from pCars 1 it seems. The main one used to be the being held in the pit box which spoiled many a race for guys I raced with. I thought they had resolved that though so if it's back in pCars 2 it's very disappointing.

rrusso
05-03-2018, 13:40
1. Sometimes after a practice/qualify...the CONTINUE button did not appear to the host...even after wait for some minutes

alegunner68
08-03-2018, 09:53
I've been getting menu lag for the last few days, taking 5 to 10 seconds to respond after pressing a button.
Seems to start happening after the car selection screen.
Anything i can do to fix it?
Thanks

Major Epidemic
10-03-2018, 07:10
I've been getting menu lag for the last few days, taking 5 to 10 seconds to respond after pressing a button.
Seems to start happening after the car selection screen.
Anything i can do to fix it?
Thanks

Have you tried a full shutdown of the Xbox? That usually clears up any slow downs for me.

alegunner68
10-03-2018, 08:22
Yes, it still happens after a while. I'll try a full reinstall.
Edit: Reinstall worked.

Robhd
10-03-2018, 10:07
This would be a very good time for the Devs, to give us some feedback on this. Confirm that this is a bug or this is how it is meant to be. We are trying to find solutions and work arounds that work for just this issue, but impair the experience for other parts of the game.

The above comment was made regarding the ffb as it is post latest patch...

Personally i am slightly frustrated that we have this game that is so extraordinarily detailed and realistic, that we can adjust and tune extremely fine settings, but at the same time we don't know if the results are true or flawed by too many AI, buggy processing or bugs[/QUOTE]

I now think the devs are very, very quiet about this, if you talk about FFB problems since last patch it seems to meet a stony silence... And it is truly awful now! I have experimented with a lot of the suggested settings i have found on the forum and none make the game any better... In fact it is so bad i personally would rather be able to just remove the last damned patch and put up with all the other flaws that they did fix, because the ffb as it is imo makes playing the game a lousy experience... To the point i chucked Forza 7 into the xbox and bizarrely the ffb in that felt streets ahead... And that is something i never would have thought i would find myself uttering...

... If the above comment is inaccurate and the devs have commented on these concerns and I have missed it, i will be delighted to stand corrected, knowing that they are acknowledging the issues and looking into them... Please someone, anyone... Put me right...

Juiced46
10-03-2018, 13:02

Personally i am slightly frustrated that we have this game that is so extraordinarily detailed and realistic, that we can adjust and tune extremely fine settings, but at the same time we don't know if the results are true or flawed by too many AI, buggy processing or bugs

I now think the devs are very, very quiet about this, if you talk about FFB problems since last patch it seems to meet a stony silence... And it is truly awful now! I have experimented with a lot of the suggested settings i have found on the forum and none make the game any better... In fact it is so bad i personally would rather be able to just remove the last damned patch and put up with all the other flaws that they did fix, because the ffb as it is imo makes playing the game a lousy experience... To the point i chucked Forza 7 into the xbox and bizarrely the ffb in that felt streets ahead... And that is something i never would have thought i would find myself uttering...

... If the above comment is inaccurate and the devs have commented on these concerns and I have missed it, i will be delighted to stand corrected, knowing that they are acknowledging the issues and looking into them... Please someone, anyone... Put me right...

From the Devs

"We (three of us at least) are looking into this now (as in today...right now).

For you all, please remember to post DRI, etc, in the same post as symptoms. And especially in game settings, INCLUDING flavour."

""we are aware and gonna fix it asap". Well, we certainly are looking into it, we should have a fix for when patch 5 hits (can't give you dates, as we can't dictate when patches can go live on consoles)."

Robhd
10-03-2018, 15:57
From the Devs

"We (three of us at least) are looking into this now (as in today...right now).

For you all, please remember to post DRI, etc, in the same post as symptoms. And especially in game settings, INCLUDING flavour."

""we are aware and gonna fix it asap". Well, we certainly are looking into it, we should have a fix for when patch 5 hits (can't give you dates, as we can't dictate when patches can go live on consoles)."

Thanks Devs... News much appreciated, hugs and virtual beer sent your way... I will shut up now! Ta muchly, grovel, grovel... Oh, did i mention hugs...lol

RookieRaceline
11-03-2018, 06:04
To the devs looking into the wheel shaking.
I had some terrible shaking yesterday at mostly all online lobbies but i noticed on Norschleife, that it was worse when driving the first half, especially in areas whith much detail.

Also it was pretty bad during rain, and it seemed to be less severe, when i turned the HUD off, or over to telemetry. This all might be down to identifying paterns in random behaviour, but i thought you might be able to use it. My guess and gut feeling, is that it's caused when the xbox has a lot to handle?

Robhd
11-03-2018, 08:05
Yes, i found more shaking and shuddering in single player when other cars are nearby, although its pretty bad most of the time whatever the circumstances or settings used

Juiced46
11-03-2018, 13:37
Yes, i found more shaking and shuddering in single player when other cars are nearby, although its pretty bad most of the time whatever the circumstances or settings used

Have you tried a fresh install of the game and deleting your save from the system and cloud? Also I responded to your post in the other thread. Let me know your settings in that thread.

Hammerpgh
11-03-2018, 18:56

I'm so confused by this Rob.. Since using your settings my FFB is far improved since patch 4. I actually stopped trying to play the game with patch 3 because the lack of decent FFB was frustrating me.

Robhd
12-03-2018, 21:35
I'm so confused by this Rob.. Since using your settings my FFB is far improved since patch 4. I actually stopped trying to play the game with patch 3 because the lack of decent FFB was frustrating me.

You and me both... I am seriously thinking about buying an xbox one x but i am trying to hang on to see how the devs get on fixing it... I have started playng forza its so bad... I am glad my tinkering has helped someone though... I found when it worked the wheel felt really good, but this shaking and jolting just turned up... Again and again...

Maskmagog
12-03-2018, 23:07
Small audio bug (no, not the Porsche :)): Drove a quick race at Laguna Seca in a Clio. The reverberated sound when going under the bridge stays for too long, all the way to when the climb to the corkscrew starts (maybe 3 second later?). Iím using headphones, and itís pretty obvious then. The sound in itself is fine, but it should stop when emerging from under the bridge.

transfix
14-03-2018, 02:00
Finally worked my way down to the Rallycross series in career and I just have to say WOW! how amazing these car and tracks feel now since the last patch. Throwing them into the corners, jumping in HELL and Loheac feels so nice. Excellent work guys, really. Now I don't have to pull out DIRT4 anymore to get my Rallycross fix.

Robhd
16-03-2018, 08:05
So i read on the Fanatec FFB thread that an xbox specific fix for ffb issues has been found and will go out in patch 5.0... Has this fix been confirmed to also correct the woes Thrustmaster wheel uers have experienced too?

.. Fingers crossed... And toes!

Juiced46
16-03-2018, 09:57
So i read on the Fanatec FFB thread that an xbox specific fix for ffb issues has been found and will go out in patch 5.0... Has this fix been confirmed to also correct the woes Thrustmaster wheel uers have experienced too?

.. Fingers crossed... And toes!
Rob, can you answer my questions to you in the TX thread?

RobPhoboS
16-03-2018, 10:36
Finally worked my way down to the Rallycross series in career and I just have to say WOW! how amazing these car and tracks feel now since the last patch. Throwing them into the corners, jumping in HELL and Loheac feels so nice. Excellent work guys, really. Now I don't have to pull out DIRT4 anymore to get my Rallycross fix.

Oooh, good to know. I haven't tried that yet, so I'll get on it tonight.

On a side note, I absolutely love this game but I suck in online races, I've no idea how people are sooo fast :D

Konan
16-03-2018, 11:09
On a side note, I absolutely love this game but I suck in online races, I've no idea how people are sooo fast :D

...because you're sooo slow? :p

Maskmagog
18-03-2018, 19:14
Pole position at Sugo, on the outside?
Did LMP3 career at SUgo, and qualified P1. First corner is a right, but I was in the left lane? Got overtaken by P2 into the first corner. I would have guessed that pole would be on the inside? I've no idea how it is in real life though.

Edit: Found a picture, where P1 is on the inside. Standing start, LMP3 is rolling start, but still.

RookieRaceline
18-03-2018, 20:20
Pit limiter fail during qualifying.
Notice the banner that says that the limiter is engaged, but i got disqualified anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exfVeGVF9eY

sam31149
21-03-2018, 01:40
Just got it on Saturday was a boundless sale for $1329.99 for the Csw-V2.5 , pefddles , wheel base , wheel and the shifter . Love it looks very nice and sturdy but what good is all this it just vibrates and the steering wheel keeps shaking none stop I had to unplug it from the outlet to stop it.any sugetions ?
I am writing customer support but all they do it copy and paste YouTube clips where there is no audio just silent canít understand anything where they point to knobs that has nothing but black canít bleaker it . Since Jan 1st 2018 this is my 6th one .I had Thrustmaster but they all where real cheap and I hated them at least Fanatec is very nice and solid not sure if I did something wrong. Each race you have to go to settings and calibrate it on the Xbox OneX . It is a pain . Any help out there ? Regards
Sam

Juiced46
21-03-2018, 02:30
Just got it on Saturday was a boundless sale for $1329.99 for the Csw-V2.5 , pefddles , wheel base , wheel and the shifter . Love it looks very nice and sturdy but what good is all this it just vibrates and the steering wheel keeps shaking none stop I had to unplug it from the outlet to stop it.any sugetions ?
I am writing customer support but all they do it copy and paste YouTube clips where there is no audio just silent can’t understand anything where they point to knobs that has nothing but black can’t bleaker it . Since Jan 1st 2018 this is my 6th one .I had Thrustmaster but they all where real cheap and I hated them at least Fanatec is very nice and solid not sure if I did something wrong. Each race you have to go to settings and calibrate it on the Xbox OneX . It is a pain . Any help out there ? Regards
Sam

As mentioned in the other thread, you need to install the Fanatec firmware which you have not done. There should be no shaking or countless calibrations once you install the firmware correctly and calibrate correctly.

EvenElectric
23-03-2018, 00:00
I am writing customer support but all they do it copy and paste YouTube clips where there is no audio just silent canít understand anything where they point to knobs that has nothing but black canít bleaker it . Since Jan 1st 2018 this is my 6th one .I had Thrustmaster but they all where real cheap and I hated them at least Fanatec is very nice and solid not sure if I did something wrong. Each race you have to go to settings and calibrate it on the Xbox OneX . It is a pain . Any help out there ? Regards
Sam

I'd suggest waiting for Patch 5 to fix the Fanatec issues. Apparently it's happening really soon. Try the Project Cars 2 demo. That is how it's supposed to feel.

marcelok
29-03-2018, 13:56
Sam

I have the same setup, i'm sorry to say, but this is how Pcars2 is right now.
If you set RAW, you almost don't feel any force.
Immersive is a little bit more, but your wheel never stops in the center.
And I always calibrate my wheel before start playing.

Try to update your firmware like the suggested above. If you could, test it playing on PC too, you will feel a different wheel.

transfix
30-03-2018, 11:24
Question regarding Fanatec Wheel Calibration CSW. Haven’t done so in a while but after patch 4 I just ran the wheel Calibration and when turning my wheel full lock it only registers to 96/100. I can force it to 100 but it would risk breaking the wheel. Anyone else with this issue?

alegunner68
30-03-2018, 11:43
Same with my csl. Don't think it matters much.

Sankyo
30-03-2018, 12:53
Always was like that, it's not important for getting your wheel to work OK in the game.

Just Another Frog
01-04-2018, 12:35
Ok, instead of just randomly testing I decided to play the game from scratch (brand new install and complete deletion of saved files) so everything from the next two screenshots have been done exclusively on patch 4. I was going to post his a bit sooner but got waylaid with Railway Empire :)

The Honda manufacturer drive is incomplete because I couldn't force myself to do 10 laps of Road America and career endurance is incomplete for reasons i'll explain later. Career was completed on roughly half the slider distance (12 laps or 20 mins max) with 80% difficulty, 100% aggression and no qualifying (racing from the back). Manufacturer drives and the 20 or so invitational events I did were completed on minimum distance and 50% settings.
Right, off we go.

Number of lost saves: 0
Number of championships with lost results data: 1
CTD's: 5

Gameplay impressions:
AI: The circuits really do feel a lot busier now with AI drivers using considerably more road and seemingly jostling for position more frequently, giving the impression that you're actually in a race as opposed to simply driving around overtaking a procession of cars, but after prolonged gameplay (and racing from last on the grid) you start to notice things that do seem a bit odd. Side by side drivers that just seem to stay there for lap after lap, AI cars overtaking and immediately slowing down to give up the place again and just a general feeling that away from your own car everything is a little clinical and predetermined. On one occasion, because it was a 'dead rubber' event (I already had enough points to win the championship), instead of racing I decided to retire and monitor the action from the pits just to see exactly how much swopping and changing went on during a race that I wasn't involved in - the answer being not a lot because during the 10 lap race one driver progressed from 4th to 1st and I think there were another couple of changes somewhere in the middle of the 20+ grid pack. So yeah, in and around your own car driving is by and large pretty decent but the same level of AI aggression doesn't seem to occur when they're jostling with each other. Strange.

Handling: I'm not quite sure what has happened regarding handling changes in patch 4 but I'm personally finding things incredibly twitchy on a controller and no matter how hard I tried couldn't find a 'one setting suits all' configuration. In the end I set the FOV to 115 and that seemed to settle things down quite considerably. My personal feeling is that whilst day one handling (PC2 installed and played offline using a physical copy) doesn't feel as responsive it does feel considerably more fluid than that of patch 4. Just my personal opinion.

Car behaviour: This is a weird on because I absolutely hate the way some cars rock around like they're driving on a farm track with ultra stiff suspensions. Turning the analog stick left/right whilst idle on the start grid and actually been able to rock the car or driving thru a fast corner and the car still gently swaying from side to side instead of leaning into the corner just doesn't feel right.

Framerates: I'm on the fence with this one because it was pointed out (by a developer or moderator - I forget which) that game performance on X1X is better than most PC's but I tend to disagree in part. ''most PC's" is quite a loose phrase because most PC's sit on peoples' desks and are used for web browsing, social media and general internet stuff so it's not a guide to performance on console. Using the 'enhanced framerate' setting PC2 on X1X can suffer from quite dramatic sub 60fps drops at race starts, pit stops and weather transitions - something that does not occur when playing on a moderately powered gaming PC. Which brings me nicely onto the reason why career endurance wasn't completed. There is a moment at Le Mans around an hour into the race where performance takes a huge hit (framerates just collapse) and on all three occasions I have attempted this career event, as I enter the twisty walled section towards the end of the lap the game stutters horrendously, freezes and just crashes to dashboard. I don't know if it's the weather transition, the accelerated time cycle when running it at 2h xx mins or AI cars darting into the pits but whatever it is my console just cannot cope with it. I also have similar issues with the ring (combined) at the point where you leave the old circuit and rejoin the modern section at the very end of the lap.
X1X performance can be slightly misleading because the vast majority of those who play on the new console have upgraded from a very poor version of PC2 on XB1 so things are considerably less obvious when not having a (moderate) gaming PC as an alternative guide.

Rain/ wet weather driving:
Firstly, where exactly is it? The following clip is taken from a ''storm'' race and although it's raining buckets outside the car there's virtually nothing from raindrops or opponent spray showing on the cockpit windscreen. I don't even need the wipers!

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Boris%20The%20Frog/video/47016616

Secondly, i'm finding things just a little too slippery when the rain settles on the tracks and just didn't enjoy the overall experience in career when the rain started falling. There was an instance in the mixed weather Formula A event at RBR that I found particularly strange and was hoping someone could explain. Having missed the pit lane as the rain started to fall I got kind of stuck on completely undriveable (at any speed) slicks and instead of twitching my way round a full lap decided to restart the race. I'd already put the controller down (so the car was slowing down) but noticed something strange - so I tried it again and it did exactly the same. If you point the FA car in a straight in pouring rain and gently ease the throttle to around 50-60mph (1st gear) then simply let go of the throttle, by the time the car has decelerated to 40mph it is already in the process of sliding sideways off the track. Sorry, i'm not having that at all.

General other stuff:
The braking line reflects onto your bonnet. Now that is strange :)
Kers. It works on some, doesn't work on others and is completely missing on the career indycars.
Collisions. One of the funnier sides of Project Cars because I still find it hilarious having the ability to bounce cars out of the way (Burnout style) or just drive underneath them and scoop them up.
Sticky cars. Not quite sure why the AI always has to decelerate (when you inadvertently get glued to their rear bumper) and either veer off in some weird low speed spin out or drag you off the road with them because your left/right movement has been completely disabled - but it happens.
FFB is very nice now but a little rumble of acknowledgement when hitting slippery puddles would be nice.
The game no longer locks you into tier progression when all career events are complete. You can choose anything you like.

Finally I've saved my worst til last. RX cars, their handling, the track feel, AI jostling....absolutely everything...it's phenomenal.
"my worst" because I loathe RX with a passion and will never be able to appreciate how brilliant it is in PC2.

OK i'll end there. I know everything above sounds a bit negative but I did actually enjoy my stint away from the usual open wheel stuff and had genuine fun experiencing some (not all) of the other cars the game has to offer.

rich1e I
03-04-2018, 16:47
Question regarding Fanatec Wheel Calibration CSW. Haven’t done so in a while but after patch 4 I just ran the wheel Calibration and when turning my wheel full lock it only registers to 96/100. I can force it to 100 but it would risk breaking the wheel. Anyone else with this issue?

I'm experiencing exactly the same. I just noticed my wheel isn't really centered when driving in a straight line so I decided re-calibrate it and found out that I can only turn it 96% into either direction, and as you say I can force it to 100% but I don't want to break anything. This wasn't the case before. I have the Thrustmaster TX wheel btw.