PDA

View Full Version : Patch 4.0 What a joy

Hlspwn
09-02-2018, 21:40
I just wanted to take this opportunity to say a big thank you for all the hard work, from the people helping test behind the scenes, the devs, and all of SMS.

Patch 4 really has put a polish on the title for me that to be honest is hard to put into words. Its like everything has come together and it just feels solid. Every race or car that I have tried has worked out the box, I loaded up and just played, I even started the career and won the first race in the Ginetta junior class. A sheer joy to just get down and dirty with no faff. Time to dust off the rust and get more seat time as PC2 just got stable ;)

davidt33
09-02-2018, 22:26
Yeah but why am I only seeing PC users commenting on the new patch?

Bealdor
09-02-2018, 22:30
Patch is not released on consoles yet.

ELAhrairah
09-02-2018, 22:59
3 years later I must say: this is the best supported racing game I have ever owned and played. I said it in another post but I will repeat it: I take my hat off. Respect for the dev team, the entire SMS team. You guys can be proud, not that you need me to confirm that. Pcars 3, sign me up.

davidt33
09-02-2018, 23:02
Best real racing sim eva.

Johnnypenso1
09-02-2018, 23:03
Ran some GT3 races online at Bathurst, Nurb GP and Sakitto and I can confirm that soft tires are now usable under normal weather conditions.

Flamaros
09-02-2018, 23:41
I need to practice it a lot more, but I think that even with the BAR issue that it is a great overall improvement.

So a big thanks to all guys behind this.

MaXyM
10-02-2018, 00:14
3 years later I must say: this is the best supported racing game I have ever owned and played. I said it in another post but I will repeat it: I take my hat off. Respect for the dev team, the entire SMS team. You guys can be proud, not that you need me to confirm that. Pcars 3, sign me up.

Amazing, how releasing bugged game and then, half a year later, giving fixes to starving community is received better than releasing a game free of major flaws.
Really, the gaming world is strange one. People are more happy by getting something right now, right here, than getting less or later but with quality.

Yes, I'm thankful for fixing the game, I can enjoy it finally, as I was expecting 6 months ago. But you have to understand they released the patch because of them. not because of you. There are still issues waiting to be fixed (besides a few new ones which came with patch4). So, before PC3, you should wait for patch5.

Ran some GT3 races online at Bathurst, Nurb GP and Sakitto and I can confirm that soft tires are now usable under normal weather conditions.

This is good example of how inconsistent the dev team is and how community is prone to defend whatever devs are saying. Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.
Yet 2 month ago they were convincing us that softs from patch3 are how they work in reality: "Use it under 18*C track temp only". While community was responding to any signals that it is wrong in negative manner.
Right now you can push hard in TT on Brandshatch (28*C) without even exceeding 100*C on tires. So... what is true?

MaXyM
10-02-2018, 00:18
double post

missy455
10-02-2018, 00:25
@Davidt33 I was going to suggest that you make the move and join the PC Master Race, but with the idiotic GPU prices (thx crypto mining), I'll digress.

davidt33
10-02-2018, 00:26
Amazing, how releasing bugged game and then, half a year later, giving fixes to starving community is received better than releasing a game free of major flaws.
Really, the gaming world is strange one. People are more happy by getting something right now, right here, than getting less or later but with quality.

Yes, I'm thankful for fixing the game, I can enjoy it finally, as I was expecting 6 months ago. But you have to understand they released the patch because of them. not because of you. There are still issues waiting to be fixed (besides a few new ones which came with patch4). So, before PC3, you should wait for patch5.

Yeah but it adds to the excitement and anticipation doesn't it? Look how happy everybody is with the new patch. It like getting a present.

missy455
10-02-2018, 00:29
@MaXyM

Almost like getting slapped by your pimp, but grateful he didn't kill you.:applause:

Blade Runner
10-02-2018, 00:30
Has anyone noticed that has triple screen the opening animation is now spaning across the 3 screen out of the correct aspect ratio? Before the update it would only play on the center monitor till it finished and then you are returned to triple screen for the main menu.

Sum Dixon-Ear
10-02-2018, 00:34

This is good example of how inconsistent the dev team is and how community is prone to defend whatever devs are saying. Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.
Yet 2 month ago they were convincing us that softs from patch3 are how they work in reality: "Use it under 18*C track temp only". While community was responding to any signals that it is wrong in negative manner.
Right now you can push hard in TT on Brandshatch (28*C) without even exceeding 100*C on tires. So... what is true?

So, pretty much everyone I've seen has posted positive reactions since the latest patch today.... MaXyM however....

morpwr
10-02-2018, 00:35
Almost like getting slapped by your pimp, but grateful he didn't kill you.:applause:

Lmao!!!!!!Man everybody has game today.

morpwr
10-02-2018, 00:36
So, pretty much everyone I've seen has posted positive reactions since the latest patch today.... MaXyM however....

Hes like Debbie downer...

STaLLiOnO
10-02-2018, 00:42

PCars 2 needs to stay a while. No PCars 3. Keep title for a few years

Johnnypenso1
10-02-2018, 03:48
He has a valid point.

SunnySunday
10-02-2018, 04:16
He has a valid point.

He would of had a valid point 6 months ago if he wanted to complain about the game. Today is patch day and it can only be a good thing. So cheer up folks take good news for what it is :)

senna94f1
10-02-2018, 04:48
Yeah but why am I only seeing PC users commenting on the new patch?

We will have it on consoles soon david,

And the PC guys who have been racing Pcars since latest update have said how pleased they are and Pcars 2 has once again taken its rightful place at the top of all other sim racing games,

It took a while but nothing else comes close to Pcars 2 sim racing ,how lucky we are on the consoles now as we get to enjoy what PC has been enjoying , close ( sim racing. )

ATSS
10-02-2018, 06:12
Im almost sure currently this is the best simracing title in the market.

Feels like a new game; pretty good AI, shadows not flickering,tyre smoke bug gone, setups are saving,tyres are good,BOP'd classes, everything is working, and when everything is perfect i cant say anything just what a game!!

breyzipp
10-02-2018, 06:42
Really looking forward to this! I have put PCARS 2 on the side since I have so many games I still have to play and felt like PCARS 2 could use some more tweaking. Seems 1.4 will be the return and I will finally start my new career at my XBox One X. Looking forward to it!

Even though it's not yet out on consoles, the patch notes looks mighty impressive, thanks a lot SMS team!!!

Stone Cold Stig
10-02-2018, 07:09
@MaXyM

Now that was funny.:biggrin-new:

Stone Cold Stig
10-02-2018, 07:12

Stop being a "cheerleader", he was expressing himself.. Or is that allowed here??

Konan
10-02-2018, 07:20
Stop being a "cheerleader", he was expressing himself.. Or is that allowed here??

Well...as the title includes "what a joy" in it,i feel this is the wrong thread for negativity...
As for the "cheerleader"... Have you seen his avatar?
"Cheerleader" is the wrong word in oh so many ways...:p

Purg
10-02-2018, 07:32
Very encouraged with my initial driving at Long Beach. Was a track that I was decimating the AI in practice by 2+ seconds minimum, regardless of the car at 100/100. Renault 3.5, was still a second faster (I was faster by 5 seconds prior). Vintage Mustang, was 3 seconds behind. GTE Ford, 0.5 seconds behind. Was braking a little too early for the first left hander and the AI were doing great passes there. Last corner, AI getting round much faster.

Also tried Bathurst and the AI are much improved at the top of the mountain in GT3's. They'd lose a couple of seconds and hold you up at McPhillamy Park but now they get through with good pace.

Flamaros
10-02-2018, 07:39

You are right, it is not really normal to release the game unfinished even more when it is a sequel based on the same game engine and the WMD (that provide a large beta testing community).
But at least compared to a lot of other studios that release a game per year like Milestone,... they support the game and fix bugs months after the release.

MrTulip
10-02-2018, 08:38
MaXyM, you sure are hard on developers.

Of course you are correct that goods should be in perfect condition when purchased instead of patching them up later. But c'mon, *none* of the games released these days are ready at release, and only few of them are fixed to a perfection afterwards at all. This has been defacto standard in this industry for the last 25 years.

Some of the studios even have nerve to release patches like "Some fixes to localization" and saying "Have fun!" after half a year silence and never to be heard again, which is pretty much a proverbial mooning to the customers who have expect the serious game breaking problems in the performance and content would be fixed.

I do not see why we should not rejoice for the patches and continued support. It's party time, we can sulk in some other thread. :)

Jonyvf
10-02-2018, 08:43
Guys talk about the path please
Is more important

Stone Cold Stig
10-02-2018, 08:45
Well...as the title includes "what a joy" in it,i feel this is the wrong thread for negativity...

Point taken.:wink-new:

Kitt
10-02-2018, 11:01

Really? so soft tyres are good at any temp now?

MaXyM
10-02-2018, 11:12
I don't know if at "any temp", but at 30*C of surface temp (some ones reported even higher temps) they are stay at 90* providing constant perfomance.
In between of patch3 and 4 softs were usable only with very low track surface temperatures. Doug suggested under 19*. In practice even 19 might been too high. We did about 10 league races for autumn/spring and softs were usable only in extreme cold conditions (late autumn)

Sum Dixon-Ear
10-02-2018, 11:15

How very dare you!

yannara
10-02-2018, 11:15

Just thinking, that maybe there is so many caviars in this game, that developers need that feedback we provide? Without community, it might be not possible to provide a good game...?

Fuzzy
10-02-2018, 11:25
Amazing, how releasing bugged game and then, half a year later, giving fixes to starving community is...

Yawn. Its like this forum is haunted by the ghost of Maxym... in every thread you can hear his tortured moans, a melovolant spirit that will never find peace...

Its just the same ole moaning in every thread. Same point every time. The community here on the whole are trying to help each other and the devs, I dont think just repeating the same complaints is adding to anyones experience other than yours. If you are so dissatisfied why are you here so much?

Zaskarspants
10-02-2018, 11:28
Just thinking, that maybe there is so many caviars in this game, that developers need that feedback we provide? Without community, it might be not possible to provide a good game...?

This is central to the SMS ethos. The meaning of pcars is Project Community Assisted Racing Simulator.

http://en.pcars.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Konan
10-02-2018, 11:37
How very dare you!

i rest my case....:p

Urban Chaos 2.0
10-02-2018, 11:37
Yawn. It’s like this forum is haunted by the ghost of Maxym... “in every thread you can hear his tortured moans, a melovolant spirit that will never find peace...”

It’s just the same ole moaning in every thread. Same point every time. The community here on the whole are trying to help each other and the devs, I don’t think just repeating the same complaints is adding to anyone’s experience other than yours. If you are so dissatisfied why are you here so much?

Were this not a family-friendly forum, with an emphasis on positivity I would have posted some harsh (yet well-deserved) words to Max. However, the sensible thing to do, is ignore him. When someone posts his kind of nonsense, it should be clear that such a person doesn't actually want the best for this sim, and has only joined this forum in the pursuit of satisfying anterior motives. We've seen it before. People creating silly fake accounts to spread lies, to complain about silly things, to deliberately try and dampen morale, and specifically to bash the sim. As has always been the case with such disingenuous people, I expect to see Maxym banned soon :).

Konan
10-02-2018, 11:41
http://youtu.be/L2Wx230gYJw

dodge33cymru
10-02-2018, 11:54
Really impressive list of fixes, especially to me as an offline racer predominantly. Can't wait to try it out.

Konan
10-02-2018, 11:55
Really impressive list of fixes, especially to me as an offline racer predominantly. Can't wait to try it out.

...me either...:cool:

Mark Race
10-02-2018, 12:07
Just had chance to try patch v1.4 and it is as the OP said a real joy.

In particular I'd add my thanks to the team and especially @doug914 for the superb AI first corner improvements at Nurburgring GP, the AI now get round the first corner at racing speed and battle each other realistically throughout the first lap (at 85% aggression here). The AI also seem much more aware of the player car and are able to battle wheel to wheel with no or minimal non race ending contact. Iceing on the cake on an already superb game after v1.3 update.

A clip of the opening lap of a mixed class GT4 race at Nurburgring GP to show how much the AI have improved, we've come a long way from the first corner chaos on the Nurburgring GP track at launch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my49Xbwx2VM

So much improved over this, which was the situation before:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyyZC3_kydQ

Although v1.3 improved the AI hugely after the first corner they would still bump and crunch each other (see 27s) in the first turn. I've seen none of this since the v1.4 update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRWk4SbXWsM&t=4s

I also have to mention the clarity of the Oculus Rift VR graphics, with super sampling turned up to 2.0 Project CARS2 looks stunning in VR and it is also super smooth and stable. The VR image quality in Project CARS 2 remains the best I've experienced not just in racing games but in any VR games.

More than anything else the game just feels right to me, especially in VR, I feel like I'm in a car and part of some thrilling action.

sbtm
10-02-2018, 12:10
Were this not a family-friendly forum, with an emphasis on positivity I would have posted some harsh (yet well-deserved) words to Max. However, the sensible thing to do, is ignore him. When someone posts his kind of nonsense, it should be clear that such a person doesn't actually want the best for this sim, and has only joined this forum in the pursuit of satisfying anterior motives. We've seen it before. People creating silly fake accounts to spread lies, to complain about silly things, to deliberately try and dampen morale, and specifically to bash the sim. As has always been the case with such disingenuous people, I expect to see Maxym banned soon :).

yet MaXyM has some valid points... there's always two sides on a medal, so you decide to only see one and ignore the other one? Ok.

Ok the CARS stands for "Community Assisted Racing Simulator" but that doesn't mean that 10% of the final developing time and almost 50% (just guessed numbers) of bug fixing happens in public with a released game. It should happen before game release in the WMD community and minor tweaks and fixes in the public community later. I think there are not few WMD members who would agree with me when I say that the release was rushed and never should have happened in this state. It's like a premature baby and now it's (still) in the incubator.

And like with premature babies, it's out of control for the responsible people.
There are surely reasons that are beyond us (Bandai Namco insisting on release date, more workload than initially expected with marketing already running...) and a series of unfortunate events for the early, bugged and unsatisfied release of pcars2. But it's bonkers to ignore the flaws and bugs that came with it. They're going to be fixed bit by bit now and this is imo a basic obligation and not a "bonus" or "goodie" one can praise, as it should've happened before release.
But as mentioned before... the premature baby... out of control... so in the end we're just all happy that the baby can grow and live now a normal life :-P

Zaskarspants
10-02-2018, 12:18
yet MaXyM has some valid points... there's always two sides on a medal, so you decide to only see one and ignore the other one? Ok.

Ok the CARS stands for "Community Assisted Racing Simulator" but that doesn't mean that 10% of the final developing time and almost 50% (just guessed numbers) of bug fixing happens in public with a released game. It should happen before game release in the WMD community and minor tweaks and fixes in the public community later. I think there are not few WMD members who would agree with me when I say that the release was rushed and never should have happened in this state. It's like a premature baby and now it's (still) in the incubator.

And like with premature babies, it's out of control for the responsible people.
There are surely reasons that are beyond us (Bandai Namco insisting on release date, more workload than initially expected with marketing already running...) and a series of unfortunate events for the early, bugged and unsatisfied release of pcars2. But it's bonkers to ignore the flaws and bugs that came with it. They're going to be fixed bit by bit now and this is imo a basic obligation and not a "bonus" or "goodie" one can praise, as it should've happened before release.
But as mentioned before... the premature baby... out of control... so in the end we're just all happy that the baby can grow and live now a normal life :-P

I don't agree with your description of the game as still in the incubator, as you put it. This is hyperbole.

As for people expressing challenging views, I don't think anyone is criticizing that but are more focused on the repetition of the same narrative inserted repeatedly into many other discussions. That is getting very old.

Konan
10-02-2018, 12:18
But it's bonkers to ignore the flaws and bugs that came with it

I didn't see anyone ignoring that...

Coolerking
10-02-2018, 12:33
More than anything else the game just feels right to me, especially in VR, I feel like I'm in a car and part of some thrilling action.

Sorry to say it, but comments like that will only lead... to me spending money!! So stop it please! :D

Fuzzy
10-02-2018, 13:25
People just need to remember that SMS are a small team, taking on the big boys (and winning imo). I’m sure if they had the resources that Polyphony or T10 have, the game would have released in a more polished state, but they don’t and it didn’t.

This constant banging on about how it shouldn’t have released when it did is a) pointless (what’s happened, has happened) and b) boring.

SMS have delivered a slightly flawed masterpiece, with a TON of content, that beats the competition in most areas, AND they are constantly improving it. Giant studios might deliver more polished products, but they can’t touch the sheer ambition of this project.

Someone constantly stating that launched products need to be perfect on day 1 needs to have a think about Toyota launching cars that killed people. We live in an imperfect world, anyone who thinks otherwise is dillusional.

I feel for the dev team, having to put up with some of the nonsense spouted around here by people with an out of control sense of entitlement.

This thread was clearly meant to be a pat on the back to the devs for their efforts, to jump in with one of the first responses bitching the same old crap that we’ve seen a thousand times before is just BS. I genuinely feel sorry for anyone with such a gloomy disposition.

Rant over, back to having fun with this amazing sim.

Roushman624
10-02-2018, 13:33
Ive seen you in the comments section on YouTube and your cursing people out and saying AC is **** and what not. You should quit spurting so much hate especially over someone's opinion.

Zaskarspants
10-02-2018, 13:36
Ive seen you in the comments section on YouTube and your cursing people out and saying AC is **** and what not. You should quit spurting so much hate especially over someone's opinion.

I think you are out of order.

edit - to avoid confusion, out of order, in the UK means unacceptable.

Konan
10-02-2018, 13:38
Copying this quote to emphasise the meaning of this thread one last time....

This thread was clearly meant to be a pat on the back to the devs for their efforts,

jimortality
10-02-2018, 13:41

He has a point regarding ac though :D

Roushman624
10-02-2018, 13:42
He has a point regarding ac though :D

He has an opinion and if anyone does not agree they get to receive his "Choice" words lol.

sbtm
10-02-2018, 13:46
I didn't see anyone ignoring that...

Which doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

davidt33
10-02-2018, 13:48
How very dare you!

I'd hit it.

Konan
10-02-2018, 13:52
Which doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

If no one ignores that there are issues, it basically means they are admitting they exist...

Mark Race
10-02-2018, 14:53
Come on people, we need to be celebrating this update, fire up the game and your VR headset if you can, load up your favourite race scenario and enjoy, racing games don't get much better than this.

For me racing day night in changing weather conditions is what makes Project CARS 2 stand out. With the AI improvement close, accurate racing with the AI is superb even in these most challenging of conditions, no current racing game does it better in my experience. The dynamically changing track really adds to the challenge, having to adjust lines as the rain fall increases and keep off the kerbs and out of the standing water increases the immersion and realism. The AI being able to battle side by side and seemingly make decisions that are more aware of what the player is doing is the biggest improvement I've seen so far, it's close to the standards set by other games now but most of those don't have weather and day/night cycles. Peering through the spray trying to spot the braking points and judge an overtake with the ever changing track is what makes this game so much more of a challenge and frankly I love it for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp9HZ7chFVo

The fact all this works flawlessly in full 4K and VR with stable framerate even with 29 other cars on track just makes the whole game more remarkable. I'm sure there may be some continuing minor flaws but we're in the 95%+ of perfection range now and not many games get to that point let alone beyond it.

Oh and showing this game in VR to some 'normal' people (eg not dedicated racing gamers!) today their reaction was priceless, they could barely believe such a thing is possible. It's good to keep perspective on just what we have here.

RoccoTTS
10-02-2018, 15:08
After doing some (the whole day) races in GT4 at different tracks, the new ai is a joy to race against. Well done SMS :applause:

balderz002
10-02-2018, 15:15
Im hoping to get some game time this weekend at some point. But from what people are saying about the AI, there is one massive problem still now resolved. I am now the weak link on the race track!

odemode
10-02-2018, 16:03
Unfortunately I'm a XBOX player so I'm praying this patch fixes some of the issues that cause our league to fail. Can anybody confirm if connection issues have been fixed i.e people can in fact stay in lobbies.

Also how has the penalty system changed now?

Mike1304
10-02-2018, 16:32
I also have to mention the clarity of the Oculus Rift VR graphics, with super sampling turned up to 2.0 Project CARS2 looks stunning in VR and it is also super smooth and stable. The VR image quality in Project CARS 2 remains the best I've experienced not just in racing games but in any VR games.
Do you play with 45 FPS? I have a strong PC but need 90 FPS and therefore I cant use super sampling at all. Even if I only use 1.1 the FPS drop from 90 to 45, so Im miles away from setting it to 2.0....
Which settings do you use?

Lawndarts
10-02-2018, 16:46
Some perspective: All devs do try to put out the highest quality release they can (many many circumstances and details involved). Every single one of them. It takes thousands of man hours in testing and still many edge cases can pop up. Especially in a game like this with so much content and dynamic situations. It’s almost a sandbox game but for cars. The part that’s not commonly understood is that about 1-3 months after launchvthere really isn’t any marketing, sales slow down really quick, it’s why games get discounted a couple months after launch, DLC is not generally big money, it just eases the team burn rate, plus the perpetual threat of completion.

So when a dev does patch 3-6 months out, it’s all for the existing user base with the only real upside being the retention of existing users. Sure, how a game is remembered means something, but most of those impressions are made in the first weeks of launch anyway. Remember pcars 1? Universally panned as a buggy mess. One year later? It lived up to its vision. But the verdict was already in and SMS learned and really did try 10x more to avoid that situation. Fast forward to today and pcars 2 launch was 10x better than pcars 1 after a dozen patches was, but pcars 2 always played better than 1, and these patches are moving the whole bar of the product up, unlike 1, that struggled to reach the bar.

So it’s an unwin-able situation when a patch pulls a retrospective punch to the release condition, but the reality is, 90% of version 4’s patch notes is stuff none of us knew about, but rest assured, this patch is more to do with loyalty than it is anything negative joe consumer might conjure up.

That being said, there is one major oddity, we all got “educated” on pcars 2 version of soft tires. And summed up it was that they were super ultrasofys qualifying tires only used in colder conditions. As a real racer myself, this never set with me. But reguardless, the logic, based on IMSA logic using spec tires, convinced us all that hard tires was the new normal. Now? That’s completely changed, and we’re back to a more conventional logic and I’m glad we are. But the question that needs to be answered is whether this was a design change? Because right now everyone thinks it’s a big, and all the earlier explanations sorta add insult to injury in the bug debate. So there should be a post about “tire models have changed from X to X” and even claim credit for listening to the community to justify the change ;)

rich1e I
10-02-2018, 17:06
I'm reading that SMS added a sound to accompany the message popping up when you exceed track limits. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, depending on the sound obviously but I can image this is going to freak people out even more.

kool38
10-02-2018, 17:18
Has anyone noticed that has triple screen the opening animation is now spaning across the 3 screen out of the correct aspect ratio? Before the update it would only play on the center monitor till it finished and then you are returned to triple screen for the main menu.

is it me or does the intro video look distorted/stretched on a 3 screens setup?

Zenzic
10-02-2018, 17:19
is it me or does the intro video look distorted/stretched on a 3 screens setup?

Yep, as Blade Runner mentioned it's no longer displayed in the correct aspect ratio on triple screen setups.

Spiderx
10-02-2018, 17:21
Its distorted even on single screen if the aspect ratio is not 16:9...

Spiderx
10-02-2018, 17:22
I still havent seen one single comment regarding the clutch on this game...is this as designed ? whats the point in the clutch anyway...how does stuff like this gets released ? dont really get it...

davidt33
10-02-2018, 17:31
I'm reading that SMS added a sound to accompany the message popping up when you exceed track limits. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, depending on the sound obviously but I can image this is going to freak people out even more.

I think it's a good idea. Helps you from missing an important prompt while otherwise racing.

Jonasty
10-02-2018, 17:32
Im on console, and im hoping the chase cam got fixed? Anyone tested?

kool38
10-02-2018, 17:38
Yep, as Blade Runner mentioned it's no longer displayed in the correct aspect ratio on triple screen setups.

oops I didn't get what "out of the correct aspect ratio" meant as english is not my primary language, thanks for clarifying.

Mark Race
10-02-2018, 17:47
Do you play with 45 FPS? I have a strong PC but need 90 FPS and therefore I cant use super sampling at all. Even if I only use 1.1 the FPS drop from 90 to 45, so Im miles away from setting it to 2.0....
Which settings do you use?

Yes, with super sampling 2.0, 45fps with ASW, well worth the trade off for the higher quality image for me.

Mark Race
10-02-2018, 17:50
That is true, there is a 'ding' sound to accompany the message. It seems quite useful and it's not too intrusive, think like a yellow warning light coming on in your real car (if that makes a sound, my car does). From what I've seen so far the penalty system seems slightly more forgiving but I can't say for certain.

Konan
10-02-2018, 17:55
Im on console, and im hoping the chase cam got fixed? Anyone tested?

Try this...it really works...just be sure to use the same car...(LMP2)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51762-New-chase-cam-is-a-complete-mess&p=1367119&viewfull=1#post1367119

rich1e I
10-02-2018, 18:21

I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. By no means I wanted to spread any negativity, so my apologies

Konan
10-02-2018, 18:24
I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. By no means I wanted to spread any negativity, so my apologies

I just realised you posted in the wrong thread...no harm done though...:cool:

Hlspwn
10-02-2018, 18:55
@Davidt33 I was going to suggest that you make the move and join the PC Master Race, but with the idiotic GPU prices (thx crypto mining), I'll digress.

I read your post with jayz 2 cents speaking in my head :chuncky:

Fuzzy
10-02-2018, 20:41
Damn this patch is good. Night racing at Red Bull Ring with the incredible ai. This much fun should not be legal. The ai are just superb for me now.

cpcdem
10-02-2018, 21:26
I think the results of patch 4 are already starting to show:

Even on Saturdays, I don't remember that many lobbies filled or almost filled till tonight. Please ignore that it's mostly GT3s and focus on the fact that are around 350 people simultaneously racing in multiplayer right now.
Hoping for still much more people coming back or new to the game, once the word spreads about PCARS2 being greatly improved now!

RobPhoboS
10-02-2018, 21:47
I really do hope that the lobbies are fully sorted out for the console guys, it's my biggest irk with the game heh.
Lobbies just to show the correct information, and ideally more than 20 and lastly with better filters :D
Glad to see positive feedback on update 4!

Booster
10-02-2018, 21:53
Great job guys this release is superb.
Even the multiplayer seems really good no lag even when entering or leaving the participants.

congratulations to everyone

Keena
10-02-2018, 21:59
Gear/clutch thread moved to PC1 forum. Just a heads up for the error.

Dynomight Motorsports
10-02-2018, 22:05
Does this mean the Patch has been submitted to Microsoft for approval yet?

mister dog
10-02-2018, 22:10
Yup congrats to the devs on their continuous support, I hope they enjoy everyone on the interwebz being positive for once :). I reckon this game is a future classic many of us will be playing for the next years, it really ticks all of the boxes.

Roushman624
10-02-2018, 22:13
Yup congrats to the devs on their continuous support, I hope they enjoy everyone on the interwebz being positive for once :). I reckon this game is a future classic many of us will be playing for the next years, it really ticks all of the boxes.

You should watch the leaked video of the new 17 RSR and tell me if you're excited for a direct copy and paste of the gt3R and the GT3 R is already way off...

mister dog
10-02-2018, 22:16
Yup congrats to the devs on their continuous support, I hope they enjoy almost everyone on the interwebz being positive for once :). I reckon this game is a future classic many of us will be playing for the next years, it really ticks all of the boxes.

Bealdor
10-02-2018, 22:16
Gear/clutch thread moved to PC1 forum. Just a heads up for the error.

Doh! Fixed.
Thanks for the heads-up.

johnnyone
10-02-2018, 22:19
After the patch ,Iam racing 100% difficulty on all the tracks and the racing is good, SMS did a great job with the patch.

Keena
10-02-2018, 22:20
I'd be making a few more than that! Incredible job you guys do keeping a handle on all this. Very impressed.
Completely agree about this game becoming a classic. I kind of feel it's already starting to..

Jetsun
10-02-2018, 22:23
"There's a natural mystic blowing through the air" ... :D

fbetes
10-02-2018, 22:39
"Second parts were never good..."

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7bufgPP70ra2ZVi8/giphy.gif

Smoked_Cheddar
10-02-2018, 22:45
The AI is so much improved, the setups stick with you, I've really had to dig through all my tricks. I'm faster, but they're faster too. They don't all dive bomb into turn 1 as much, rather i can't gain 12 spots that way in one shot.

I'll keep playing a lot more. I only do AI at 80, but they're much faster in the straights.

Konan
11-02-2018, 02:43
Does this mean the Patch has been submitted to Microsoft for approval yet?

Yes it has...

Sentry87
11-02-2018, 03:47
You should watch the leaked video of the new 17 RSR and tell me if you're excited for a direct copy and paste of the gt3R and the GT3 R is already way off...

Give it a rest and speak for yourself

Roushman624
11-02-2018, 03:49
Give it a rest and speak for yourself

Speak for myself? Do you have ears? If so you can easily tell it doesn't sound right.

missy455
11-02-2018, 03:52
Man, I'm so impressed with PC2 right now...This was a great patch. I haven't participated in a "Career" since F1 2013, but I just finished the Ginetta GT5 Championship and I will be doing more that's for sure! I had rain in the Silverstone race and I was surprised at how the water formed and I thought the hydroplaning was very convincing..We have a lot of rain where I drive and I reacted very similar. ( Butt cheeks clenched and kept the wheels straight as possible! lol) Mucho's gracias:cool:

* I never enjoyed driving in the rain in previous sims, but this has changed things a bit.

Sentry87
11-02-2018, 04:22
Speak for myself? Do you have ears? If so you can easily tell it doesn't sound right.

It doesn't sound exactly like the gt3 rs to me. Not growly enough to what the rsr sounds like but louder than the gt3 in trackside, Chase cam

fbetes
11-02-2018, 05:43
To the mods.

Thanks to the hard work of the SMS team, the game has experienced a huge step forward in quality. There's noticeably less bugs, and I honestly think the bugs still present are minor issues...

My question is: Is possible to create an specific thread with remaining bugs (with links to the bugs threads) to help to the developers?

I know @Asturbo is creating an specific thread in this way, and I would thank if you could "stick".

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

specialkone
11-02-2018, 06:54
What a patch indeed. I had to read those huge and significant patch notes twice smiling all the time thinking how nice it would be if all game/sim devs took care of us the way SMS does.

My thanks to SMS is I'm heading over to Steam now to buy the season pass. Thanks for all your hard work SMS.

RoccoTTS
11-02-2018, 07:16

Is it really necessary to keep repeating the same thing over and over again on every thread ?

Zenzic
11-02-2018, 07:21

Meh. I went back and forth between the DLC video and footage of the actual car. It's a bit different, but not enough to bother me. You can't be equally upset about everything, you know what I mean? Especially when patch 4 has improved the game this much.

Konan
11-02-2018, 07:27
Is it really necessary to keep repeating the same thing over and over again on every thread ?

You forgot:...and over and over and over....:p

fjacobsen
11-02-2018, 07:52

And its amazing to see a Racing sim, which definitly has raised the bar, being bashed so much right ost release and despite getting some serious updates, still being treated as if the devs has cheated us.
Project Cars 2 has barely been out for year, we see constant progress and theres are DLC's announced that will keep this sim alive for more than a couple of years.

Why not enjoy what works (and thats honestly 90% of the sim) and then rely on the devs to fix the bugs that has been reported.
PC2 is the racing sim that so far has given me the most joy and Im confident that it will evolve further - Rome wasnt build in one day.

Roushman624
11-02-2018, 08:06
And its amazing to see a Racing sim, which definitly has raised the bar, being bashed so much right ost release and despite getting some serious updates, still being treated as if the devs has cheated us.
Project Cars 2 has barely been out for year, we see constant progress and theres are DLC's announced that will keep this sim alive for more than a couple of years.

Why not enjoy what works (and thats honestly 90% of the sim) and then rely on the devs to fix the bugs that has been reported.
PC2 is the racing sim that so far has given me the most joy and Im confident that it will evolve further - Rome wasnt build in one day.

He said it because it was the truth. The game shouldn't have launched with all the bugs and honestly shouldn't have launched on the OG Xbox if you can't even race...

MaXyM
11-02-2018, 08:13
Why not enjoy what works (and thats honestly 90% of the sim)

You should be warned for mentioning 10% of the game doesn't work ;)

Answering your question: because I paid for 100% of working sim, half year ago.
And to be honest, I enjoying the game, really. But it doesn't change the fact I pointed to in my post you commented on.

Fuzzy
11-02-2018, 08:43
He said it because it was the truth. The game shouldn't have launched with all the bugs and honestly shouldn't have launched on the OG Xbox if you can't even race...

Yeah and if my gran had balls she'd have been my granpa The past is the past. This thread is about the here and now. SMH.

V3nom
11-02-2018, 08:55
I think when pit stop strategies get randomly changed between qualy and race it can be said that there is more then 10% of the game broken or let's say flawed so I don't get bashed.
Don't get me wrong I love the core of the game and when it works it's incredible but it's unbelievable that so many people defend this company for fixing a part of this game half a year after release. Maybe it's become common now but to me this is a big disrespect to the customer.
You guys keep making fun of max for being overly negative. But I do understand his fustration.
All in all this is the only solution customers have. Namely, to complain over and over and over and over again.
Maybe you guys don't see it as some of us do but in my opinion this game was a joke two months after release.(when I bought it)
And even if I do enjoy the game massively at the moment and I really love the game because of its potential, there still are immense flaws and really unlogical design decisions.
Now enough with the negativity for today. Enjoy your Sunday, vroom vroom!

Konan
11-02-2018, 09:03
Don't get me wrong...

Hate those starts of a sentence...it's always followed by a "but"

V3nom
11-02-2018, 09:05
I have a feeling that this is what most of you guys do when someone posts a bad thing about the game. Either discuss about how the message is written or whine about the whining.
Don't get be wrong but it is not helpful. :)

Fuzzy
11-02-2018, 09:07
All in all this is the only solution customers have. Namely, to complain over and over and over and over again.

Oh and this works? OK, so we need to thank the people that keep hijacking threads (like this) and not the devs for this incredible patch? Gotcha.

Konan
11-02-2018, 09:11
I have a feeling that this is what most of you guys do when someone posts a bad thing about the game. Either discuss about how the message is written or whine about the whining.
Don't get be wrong but it is not helpful. :)

So you admit you are whining? :p
I don't mind people complaining about things they don't like...BUT...not in this thread...you're taking away all the "joy" the OP wanted to spread creating this topic...
And if it continues that way i don't see any reason for it to stay open...

Roushman624
11-02-2018, 09:13
Oh and this works? OK, so we need to thank the people that keep hijacking threads (like this) and not the devs for this incredible patch? Gotcha.

An "Incredible Patch" that wouldn't have been needed if the game wasn't so bad when it was released, just saying...

V3nom
11-02-2018, 09:15
Hmm again, this is just wrong. So so wrong. When a patch half a year later has so many damn fixes in it and the game is still has many flaws it is a disgrace.
This is what's killing this industry. All these people kissing butts and swallowing everything they get thrown at them.
And you think I should thank the devs for fixing what shouldn't be there in the first place?
Wow.

Konan
11-02-2018, 09:22
What a joy this was...for about two minutes...