PDA

View Full Version : Man, I can't believe we still have this bug...

Scott Coffey
10-02-2018, 00:15
Especially since it's so reproducible. If a lobby migrates to another host, everyone is then forced to drive that person's car. I mean really.... it's such an obvious and game breaking bug. And it's still there???

eracerhead
10-02-2018, 00:31
Didn't know that's why that was happening. Thought it was just restrictive hosts...! ;)

Balles
10-02-2018, 07:11
It's not game breaking, stop saying that. It's annoying at most.
Not a big deal at all but I report it anyway, there is still issues with the country flag not displayed correctly in the lobby leaderboard.

Some game would have taken years to fix what SMS did in 6 month. All minor issues can be fixed later, it doesn't stop us to play and have fun.

Scott Coffey
10-02-2018, 16:27
I'll say what I like, thanks.

I've had too many instances where you have a good lobby with good drivers and then the host has to leave. Game over. Good luck reorganizing that lobby again.

What's frustrating here is that it's:

- a bug that's been there since release
- a bug that's been reported over and over
- it's a nit to reproduce
- they've had months to fix it
- it completely breaks the lobby

If this sort of thing was happening in career mode it would have already been fixed. It's like MP is the red-headed stepchild.

zedeeyen
10-02-2018, 21:14
I find that most lobbies empty at the end of a race no matter what the host does. It's better to just leave and find something you fancy than wait a few minutes to see what the host does.

I too had always assumed that forcing everyone into the same car was a decision rather than a bug!

MortICi
10-02-2018, 21:20
I'll say what I like, thanks.

I've had too many instances where you have a good lobby with good drivers and then the host has to leave. Game over. Good luck reorganizing that lobby again.

What's frustrating here is that it's:

- a bug that's been there since release
- a bug that's been reported over and over
- it's a nit to reproduce
- they've had months to fix it
- it completely breaks the lobby

If this sort of thing was happening in career mode it would have already been fixed. It's like MP is the red-headed stepchild.

Join DED servers now with proper rotation where you don't have to worry about car or track configs.

I have a WEC server up, and i will be standing up a GT4, GT3, and BTCC (TC Cars) soon. I might have an RX server up as well so this isn't an issue.

However, i do agree how this hasn't been fixed yet is freaking annoying!

Scott Coffey
05-06-2018, 17:33
And........ it's still broken.

repsol23
06-06-2018, 21:25
Just curious, is the bug where you inherit the lobby and not get the starting lights still there? Thought I would ask as they are related to the dropped lobby host.

Ashaz
06-06-2018, 23:57
And........ it's still broken.

Along with the loby lists somehow still managing to not communicate propperly.
The netcode can handle 30 cars on a tight track. But give current info on the race status? No. That is appearently too much. It is not acceptable from a game in 2018 to behave this way. Every race I join, I first have to wait through a whole race as spectator before I can join. No matter what the L/P/Q/R lists. It is realy not that hard to fix so bloody fix it already! This is realy the main reason I do more Raceroom than I do PC2. It's too unreliable to even get a race.

MartinMWWebb
07-06-2018, 09:50
It is realy not that hard to fix so bloody fix it already!

Why have you not provided the Devs with the fix then?

Ashaz
07-06-2018, 22:19
Why have you not provided the Devs with the fix then?

Seriously? Your ancient hotmail account gives you more up to date than the list of lobbys do. There's nothing new or revolutionary needed. Ask the server and read the bloody reply. there. done. Don't buffer what it was doing 10-15 minutes ago and guess that it's doing the same.

simsimsheree
16-06-2018, 20:19
It's amazing how all the people trying to defend unfixed bugs never complain when SMS get around to fixing them, LOL

Scott Coffey
18-06-2018, 01:35
Wish this one were fixed.